Rear leveling (Lowering the rear 2" with a shackle)

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the inside width of a 4th gen Ranger's rear shackle or the width of the leaf springs rear eye ? They already make a 2" drop shackle for the 4th gen...it'd be nice if they fit the 5th gen too.
Sponsored

@Robby887

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Robby Woolworth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Fx4 xlt ford ranger
Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the inside width of a 4th gen Ranger's rear shackle or the width of the leaf springs rear eye ? They already make a 2" drop shackle for the 4th gen...it'd be nice if they fit the 5th gen too.
Totally different design.

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Totally different design.
Yeah, I saw that when I looked at some closeups of the hangers on the frame. Maybe just flipping the leafs to the underside of the axle ? Not sure about all the geometry involved with pinion angle or if there are any obstacles on the axle (brake lines, etc).

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I would love to take off my front leveling kit and drop the rear a couple inches just to see how it is
This is exactly what I want to do, but just waiting for someone to make a lowering shackle kit.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Can't be done with just a shackle, need to do an axle flip. Beltech make a kit to do this. Problem is it is a minimum 4" drop. Too much to level the truck without making it a tail dragger. The make a full kit to lower the whole truck. I believe it's 2-3 front and 4-5 back. I tow so I would love just a 2" drop, but would require new custom or read-arched springs.
Sponsored