European eco tax!!!

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
Bad news in France an eco tax will apply from January 2019 on the pick up, tax of 10500 € to the purchase and therefore each year another tax of 200 € to acquit!
I think in this case keep my Ranger wildtrack and forget the Raptor who arrives with 8 months late to avoid this tax!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nicolas50

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
Hello, a few months ago the French government had decided to tax the 10500 € the purchase of a pick up for 2019, this decision has been postponed to 2020, which will allow to have a Raptor Ranger !!

Nate4x4

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 NE
Occupation
Vehicle Reader
Hello, a few months ago the French government had decided to tax the 10500 € the purchase of a pick up for 2019, this decision has been postponed to 2020, which will allow to have a Raptor Ranger !!
Thanks for the update, Nick. I am happy to hear this.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Does this tax just apply to trucks or does it apply to anything that uses what they consider too much gas?

OP
OP
Nicolas50

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
It is a tax on all vehicles except utilities (pickups are considered as utilitiares but the idea is to exclude those with 5 places considered private vehicles) according to the CO2 rate emmi, whatever the value of the vehicle when buying in new, after there is an annual fee to pay, lower ... for now!

OP
OP
Nicolas50

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
Bouncing as only the French know how to do it!
finally the tax will be applicable from 01/07/2019 !! and for professionals from 01/01/2019 !!
3 versions of the law in 1 week !! Not easy to find!
Buy or not buy?:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Bouncing as only the French know how to do it!
finally the tax will be applicable from 01/07/2019 !! and for professionals from 01/01/2019 !!
3 versions of the law in 1 week !! Not easy to find!
Buy or not buy?:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
I'd say buy an F350, lift it 6 inches and put it on some 40 inch super swampers. Let's see how the French government handles that little gem.

OP
OP
Nicolas50

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
I'd say buy an F350, lift it 6 inches and put it on some 40 inch super swampers. Let's see how the French government handles that little gem.
Maybe good if Ford make a ranger raptor version with 4places/seats and not 5 ! Taxe is only for 4 places/seats

ZanS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Limited
Where would you park that? Even with rangers we have problems in urban area.

@Nicolas50; how about importing one from other state as used vehicle? Or putting it in different licence plates? For much less than 10.500€ you can put the truck on german or slovakian plates and not worry about any taxation.

OP
OP
Nicolas50

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
@ Zans yes I looked and found an importatuer who should receive 26 RR for the month of May, (not in gray !!!) which avoids the tax!
Do you have any address for a vehicle in Germany or Slovakia and you know the procedure to keep foreign plates? A + Thank you I sprenneur information, here have a vehicle other than a vehicle without a license has become an obstacle course!

OP
OP
Nicolas50

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
@ ZanS yes I looked and found an importatuer who should receive 26 RR for the month of May, (not in gray !!!) which avoids the tax!
Do you have any address for a vehicle in Germany or Slovakia and you know the procedure to keep foreign plates? A + Thank you I sprenneur information, here have a vehicle other than a vehicle without a license has become an obstacle course!

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Where would you park that? Even with rangers we have problems in urban area.
That would be interesting to see. I've gone to the UK quite often and every now and then you would see some imported american vehicles. Passed a late 90's Dodge Ram 1500 and it took up the entire lane. You wouldn't even notice that here in the US but over there it looked like a two story house driving down the road compared to everything around it. Found a Ford F-150 parked at Asda and it literally took four parking spots. The tires were over the left AND right side lane markers as well as being long enough to take half the spots in front of it.

I think the average car and camper combo in the UK is smaller than a typical american pickup truck. It's getting ridiculous how big they've gotten.

ZanS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Limited
@ ZanS yes I looked and found an importatuer who should receive 26 RR for the month of May, (not in gray !!!) which avoids the tax!
Sorry, can't help you with that. As far as I know, there is no "luxury" tax on vehicles in Slovakia. Try googling about that and if someone know exact procedure for France.

That would be interesting to see. I've gone to the UK quite often and every now and then you would see some imported american vehicles. Passed a late 90's Dodge Ram 1500 and it took up the entire lane. You wouldn't even notice that here in the US but over there it looked like a two story house driving down the road compared to everything around it. Found a Ford F-150 parked at Asda and it literally took four parking spots. The tires were over the left AND right side lane markers as well as being long enough to take half the spots in front of it.

I think the average car and camper combo in the UK is smaller than a typical american pickup truck. It's getting ridiculous how big they've gotten.
I've seen UK roads, even with normal cars you can have problems.
This should put in a perspective:

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Saw a couple f-150s and a jacked up Dodge in Belgium in Sept. The f150 loooked a bit out of place parked in Bruges. Saw a f150 once in Italy as well, definitely odd though.
Sponsored