First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Supervisor Lockheed Martin
I’ve pretty much finished my 2020 Ranger for the foreseeable future unless I run across a great deal on some bumpers. She’s a 2020 XL FX2. I added the ready lift SST 3/1 lift, raptor grill with lights, rough country shackle mounts and Fuel Crush DDT’s in 20X9 with 33x11.50r20 Radar Renegade RT’s. We had to trim some on the front mud flap thing and rear carpet. Obviously the crash bars came out too. I’m very happy with this truck.

View attachment 44117

8DEFEF44-4ACC-47E4-AA14-58ACAFBF8098.jpeg

3161E950-911C-4F86-9A73-493E404F4688.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m not sure I’d take the crash bars out on my truck. At least not living near Boston and the traffic here.

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Th
I’m not sure I’d take the crash bars out on my truck. At least not living near Boston and the traffic here.
The brand new lifted F-150’s at the dealership all had their crash bars removed to accommodate bigger tires on their “custom” lifted trucks. Leads me to believe that while they are a safety feature even the dealers don’t feel they are that important. Plus now that my tire sticks out a little farther it’ll hit a little different anyway. I get why some people wouldn’t want them removed but it’s a chance I was willing to take.

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Oh and Ford removed them on the Raptors for the lift and wheels and tires. If Ford is comfortable removing them then so am I. This post wasn’t made to discuss the effectiveness of the crash bars. It was simply to show my truck.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Oh and Ford removed them on the Raptors for the lift and wheels and tires. If Ford is comfortable removing them then so am I. This post wasn’t made to discuss the effectiveness of the crash bars. It was simply to show my truck.
Your truck looks great. But do you really think Ford put those crash bars on there for no reason?

Comparing your Ranger to F-150's and F-150 based Raptors is comparing apples and oranges. Go look at the suspension on those trucks... quite beefy compared to a Ranger....

Sacrificing safety for appearance seems to be rather short term thinking.

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Your truck looks great. But do you really think Ford put those crash bars on there for no reason?

Comparing your Ranger to F-150's and F-150 based Raptors is comparing apples and oranges. Go look at the suspension on those trucks... quite beefy compared to a Ranger....

Sacrificing safety for appearance seems to be rather short term thinking.
again I don’t care. Plus every lift sacrifices safety for appearance. Pretty much any modification on any vehicle does.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
If I didn’t have to commute down near Boston I’d have a different opinion, but the number or wrong way drivers I’ve seen on the highway in the last few years keeps me from removing any safety devices.

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
If I didn’t have to commute down near Boston I’d have a different opinion, but the number or wrong way drivers I’ve seen on the highway in the last few years keeps me from removing any safety devices.
that makes complete sense. I’m not advocating for the removal of the crash bars. But I’m also saying make your own decisions. Lol. I’ve thought about buying the after market ones to add on but that’s for another day.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
again I don’t care. Plus every lift sacrifices safety for appearance. Pretty much any modification on any vehicle does.
Not sure why you would say that? Stronger bumpers, sliders, winches, headache racks.... even mud flaps make the vehicle safer.

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Not sure why you would say that? Stronger bumpers, sliders, winches, headache racks.... even mud flaps make the vehicle safer.
Stronger bumpers take away part of the crumple zones affecting passenger safety. Plus they can hurt whoever you hit as well. I’m not sure why you feel the need to keep commenting other than simply trolling me. Lift kits make vehicles less safe, bigger tires make vehicles less safe. I mean I ride my motorcycle with no helmet as well so do you really think I care that my wider tires may come into the cab if I hit someone? If I hit someone hard enough for that to happen I have bigger issues than broken/crushed legs. And again I really don’t care what your opinion is on me removing my crash bars. But your trolling is giving me something to do today so thanks for that. I haven’t advocated for anyone else to remove theirs and I won’t. Adults can all make their own decisions.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Stronger bumpers take away part of the crumple zones affecting passenger safety. Plus they can hurt whoever you hit as well. I’m not sure why you feel the need to keep commenting other than simply trolling me. Lift kits make vehicles less safe, bigger tires make vehicles less safe. I mean I ride my motorcycle with no helmet as well so do you really think I care that my wider tires may come into the cab if I hit someone? If I hit someone hard enough for that to happen I have bigger issues than broken/crushed legs. And again I really don’t care what your opinion is on me removing my crash bars. But your trolling is giving me something to do today so thanks for that. I haven’t advocated for anyone else to remove theirs and I won’t. Adults can all make their own decisions.
There are a lot of folks on these boards that will replicate what others have done, yet they don't have the mechanical aptitude to know that something, like removing crash bars, makes their vehicle less safe. What's obvious to some folks, isn't obvious at all to others.

This is a forum. If you post photo's and text detailing that you are doing unsafe things... I'll comment.

That's not trolling.

I guess if you don't like that... block me.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why can't I see it? Is there a pic posted?
Sponsored