Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
OK I don't want a jacked truck only leveled but I want 31 10.5 BFGs the same as my 2005 fx4 level 2 not Handcock's and yes I know how to spell it correctly any help.
From what I have seen, it looks like a 2.5” front level will run 33s. Running 31s with an extra 1.5 inches of width shouldn’t be an issue if you level.

The BDS kits I saw were obviously not production ready. Looked like they put the upper control arm joint in a horrible bind. Didn’t get a good look at the Icon setup but I would expect the same. I hope to know much more on this in the next few months.
Sponsored

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
From what I have seen, it looks like a 2.5” front level will run 33s. Running 31s with an extra 1.5 inches of width shouldn’t be an issue if you level.

The BDS kits I saw were obviously not production ready. Looked like they put the upper control arm joint in a horrible bind. Didn’t get a good look at the Icon setup but I would expect the same. I hope to know much more on this in the next few months.
Thanks look forward to it

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
OK I don't want a jacked truck only leveled but I want 31 10.5 BFGs the same as my 2005 fx4 level 2 not Handcock's and yes I know how to spell it correctly any help.
I'm in the same camp. They look great with the 2 or 3 inch lift but I just want mine level with slightly bigger tires.

HandCock tires :crackup::cwl::clap:

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Front leveling kits just blocks/shims? or will it need new A Arms?

Thoughts??

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Thoughts??
The BDS kit is a 3" leveling kit with fox shocks and new UCAs. Not sure if the UCAs are required, but they're including them.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima

Thoughts??
Blocks will work but I would always go with a lifted strut or coilover option. The lifted strut would replace your stock strut but would have a piston length that makes more sense for the longer throw. It would retain your factory coil. A coilover setup would replace the factory strut and coil. The ride quality with strut extension blocks isn't as good.

The BDS kit is a 3" leveling kit with fox shocks and new UCAs. Not sure if the UCAs are required, but they're including them.
This depends more on the knuckle/UCA alignment after the lift. The BDS kits can't be production ready even with the UCAs. The joints look to be strained from the start. One thing I do question is if that is the stock knuckle.

Screen Shot.jpg

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase

You need no lift at all to run 33s in the T6 (Global) Ranger. I ran KM2 33’s for 6 months with 0 rubbing.

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
Blocks will work but I would always go with a lifted strut or coilover option. The lifted strut would replace your stock strut but would have a piston length that makes more sense for the longer throw. It would retain your factory coil. A coilover setup would replace the factory strut and coil. The ride quality with strut extension blocks isn't as good.

This depends more on the knuckle/UCA alignment after the lift. The BDS kits can't be production ready even with the UCAs. The joints look to be strained from the start. One thing I do question is if that is the stock knuckle.

Screen Shot.jpg
That’s not the stock knuckle. You can see them making a new one in their videos.

The UCAs are the same aftermarket ones made for the T6 Ranger.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not the stock knuckle in that pic - the Ford Ranger Pre-Runner from Ford Performance that was at SEMA and the LA Auto Show is using the stock knuckle. I may or may not have looked up her skirt.
gFxCQ2I.jpg

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
So this is an image I captured at this past SEMA, Fox reserve shock, with the BDS setup per your response.

FE53B193-5DEE-42C4-95D8-BC42D89A2D59.jpeg

660A5E5A-DB8D-4E21-9A1B-378829C22C3A.jpeg

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like they removed the front crash bar and the air dam to make the wheels fit. I REALLY want to know what lift kit is on this truck.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well... I tried.
KoXPCo5.png

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
if you live near a aftermarket company a lot of times they need a truck for fitment, and they will give free product if you let them use your truck for design and fitment. I have a exhaust company near me I'm thinking of doing this with.
Sponsored