First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Not sure I see the need in daily driving an automatic.
I feel it is good to have in a truck because when towing it is important to know what your engine is doing and how it is engine braking going down a grade.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I like having a tach too and always have it displayed on my Fusion. It becomes especially handy in the Sport mode. IIRC, in sport mode, the Ranger 10 speed will not upshift even above the RPM limit (tho it won't downshift if it would exceed the RPM limit)

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
I agree with the comments in special needs times like towing, off-roading, etc. I was just questioning normal daily freeway city driving where you are not taxing the truck at all. You can configure the Lariat cluster to include it if and when you need it or like it.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
I agree with the comments in special needs times like towing, off-roading, etc. I was just questioning normal daily freeway city driving where you are not taxing the truck at all. You can configure the Lariat cluster to include it if and when you need it or like it.
My Fiesta ST is a manual and honestly I hardly look at the tach. Generally you just know when you need to shift by feel and instinct.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
The Ranger has ambiant lighting? That's awesome. My Fiesta has the lights around the cup holders, floors, doors, back seat and door handles and you can change the color. That'd be slick if you can do that in the Ranger as well.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The Ranger has ambiant lighting? That's awesome. My Fiesta has the lights around the cup holders, floors, doors, back seat and door handles and you can change the color. That'd be slick if you can do that in the Ranger as well.
I will bet money that is a Lariat only feature - but I could be wrong....

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
When I was poking around in the truck, it seemed to me like it was the speaker and mic for the voice pick up and phone calls. It makes sense to me.
Interesting - I thought the "thing" above the driver on the ceiling was the phone mic. Anyone know what that is? We have the same thing in our 2016 C-Max and I always assumed it was the phone mic.
HeadlinerThing.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: