Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
On the first page, what is that green line running on top of the front coil spring perch? Is that a vacuum line for the disconnecting wheel hub?

That's what I'm trying to figure out; does this truck have a permanent connection in the front axle like the 2001-2011 Ranger 4x4 had, or has it gone back to vacuum disconnecting hubs like the <2000 Ranger?
Sponsored

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
On the first page, what is that green line running on top of the front coil spring perch? Is that a vacuum line for the disconnecting wheel hub?
Looks like a wire to me. ABS sensor?

OP
OP
Stumblios

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II

That's what I'm trying to figure out; does this truck have a permanent connection in the front axle like the 2001-2011 Ranger 4x4 had, or has it gone back to vacuum disconnecting hubs like the <2000 Ranger?
All I can say on that is I did touch the green wire, it didn't collapse like a vacuum line would. I think it's a sensor wire. But I didn't follow that wire so I can't say for sure what it is.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say on that is I did touch the green wire, it didn't collapse like a vacuum line would. I think it's a sensor wire. But I didn't follow that wire so I can't say for sure what it is.
Its the ABS sensor wire.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Oh ok. Thanks guys.

wa2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline
Here you go!

20181208_132346.jpg

20181208_132400.jpg

20181208_132508.jpg

20181208_132505.jpg
Wow, that whole rear-seat area is just a complete fail in my opinion. Even GM did a better job with this area in the twins than Ford did, which is surprising to me. Tiny storage compartments, a seat back that doesn't fold down flat and no 60/40 split. They should have benchmarked the Ridgeline back seat for some ideas on how to create useful storage in a truck. Or even their own F150's!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Since the back seat of the Crew Cab does not fold down flat, it matters not to me if there is a 60/40 split. That would make more sense if the seat back folded flat against the seat cushion.

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
My foot is not on the pedal its under my left calve so that makes that look weird, I was taking the pic for (elbow on armrest to shifter) I'm six feet and with my feet in the right position there is a comfortable amount of room.
Thanks. I really want to like this new truck. I got spoiled on front seat room with a .2014 crewcab.
The back seat will be mainly for grandkids.
Thanks again.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I saw a preproduction Lariat in Minnesota today and was able to take a few photos of the rearview mirror assembly, hopefully this helps with your dashcam plans!

20181208_132017.jpg

20181208_132005.jpg

20181208_132014.jpg

20181208_132008.jpg
Hey RangerMan. Care to share which MN dealer has the Ranger available for viewing. Would sure like to see one up front and personal.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey RangerMan. Care to share which MN dealer has the Ranger available for viewing. Would sure like to see one up front and personal.
ditto for me, hopefully that was in the Twin Cities proper

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
ditto for me, hopefully that was in the Twin Cities proper
Sorry guys for the delayed reply! This was at Apple Ford in Apple Valley, but unfortunately I think they only had it for the weekend, it's likely gone now. That truck is touring around, so maybe it's sitting at another Twin Cities dealer now?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Engineer
Sorry guys for the delayed reply! This was at Apple Ford in Apple Valley, but unfortunately I think they only had it for the weekend, it's likely gone now. That truck is touring around, so maybe it's sitting at another Twin Cities dealer now?
thanks RangerMan, I just did a chat w/ Apple Ford Apple Valley and got the worst ABC spiel from some salegal who couldn't process my question. She kept trying to direct me to the two Ranger trucks the dealer has on order, and in exchange for searching the lot, she wanted my contact info. So either she had no clue about this pre-production vehicle on site or was directed to not discuss.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Did a ranger build and then search and found this at a big dealership. Seems a little high priced.

Attachments

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Did a ranger build and then search and found this at a big dealership. Seems a little high priced.
There are quite a few listed with larger dealers labeled as "Dealer Ordered" and some of them also have "See Dealer Price" icon to see the dealer's selling price.
Sponsored