What car/truck are you replacing with the new Ranger?

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I know that was a super long response, and probably way too much information, but those are my personal reasons for not looking at the JT as much! And I already know how a Jeep driving on a regular basis...It drives like a Jeep! And there is nothing wrong for that for sure, I love it! But would be nice to have what the Ranger will offer as well! Plus, I have a feeling the price for the Ranger will be much more reasonable than the JT and leave me a lot more money left over for continuing to mod the Jeep, and put money towards mods on the Ranger!
The Jeep JT Pickup will most definitely be priced significantly higher than the Ranger. Just look at the Jeep JL Wrangler, it already approaches $60k fully optioned. :surprised: And the Jeep JT is rumored to be priced even higher starting price. And I think the Ranger will drive nicer than the Jeep too. Independent front suspension alone will make for a better daily driver.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The Jeep JT Pickup will most definitely be priced significantly higher than the Ranger. Just look at the Jeep JL Wrangler, it already approaches $60k fully optioned. :surprised: And the Jeep JT is rumored to be priced even higher starting price. And I think the Ranger will drive nicer than the Jeep too. Independent front suspension alone will make for a better daily driver.
Yep, my JL Sport Unlimited with the "S" package (alloy wheels, power windows/locks, tinted glass, leather wrapped steering wheel), hardtop, automatic trans, and 7" touch screen radio stickered at $39,840. Absolutely insane. The Saharas and Rubicons on the lot were all $45,000 and beyond.

I've already done a build on the Ranger I want and it comes out right at $40,000 which puts it right on where my JL is. The only problem is that interior...God I hate that new Ranger interior. It's hideous. Particularly the gauge cluster. So now I'm going to have to wait and sit in one in person before getting serious about a trade.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I’ll be replacing my 2013 ford SHO. It’s been tuned and running meth injection for over 4 years now. Absolutely love it, but I moved to the Rockies and I’d like to have something I can modify to enjoy what the mountains have to offer. I’ll be going to the drive event in Scottsdale in November and after that I’ll be pre ordering a lariat fx4 in saber!

Arizona

First Name
GK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Geo Tracker
I’ll be replacing a 1996 tracker. Had it for 8 years and another one before it. Looking for decent off road, safety, power seats. I was going to buy a new raptor but ford doesn’t make many to keep the prices high. I was going to wait for the Jeep truck rubicon but the reliability sucks. Had a 01 lariat and had no problems for ten years. I hope the fx4 lariat ranger can work for me.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my 2006 Ford Ranger on Sunday. Got in a car accident Monday in my Toyota (no one hurt thankfully). Went from 2 vehicles to none.

Insurance hooked me up with a rental, I specifically requested a full-size pickup. They gave me a new Chevy Silverado 1500.

Forgot I had to go into downtown SF today. She fits (barely), and people question why we pick a mid-size over a full-size.

Tesla Model 3 for scale.

39A8817A-9CF5-4880-A865-AC1583313A5E.jpeg
6839DF17-EE94-4ECA-998C-6136BCE27483.jpeg
BAF0A72C-9E6B-4A61-9EBE-2F0506DE1A6D.jpeg

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my 2006 Ford Ranger on Sunday. Got in a car accident Monday in my Toyota (no one hurt thankfully). Went from 2 vehicles to none.

Insurance hooked me up with a rental, I specifically requested a full-size pickup. They gave me a new Chevy Silverado 1500.

Forgot I had to go into downtown SF today. She fits (barely), and people question why we pick a mid-size over a full-size.

Tesla Model 3 for scale.

39A8817A-9CF5-4880-A865-AC1583313A5E.jpeg
6839DF17-EE94-4ECA-998C-6136BCE27483.jpeg
BAF0A72C-9E6B-4A61-9EBE-2F0506DE1A6D.jpeg

That sucks... What's the plan? Insurance isn't going to pay for that forever, or are they fixing the yota.

I know how you feel. I sold my Focus ST a few months ago, bought my temporary Explorer to drive for a few months, was planning on go offroaing, came home to get ready for the weekend and the Explorer drops the water pump. I figured whatever, I'll fix it later, and just drive my tow rig (f250) to work Monday. Then on the way to pickup the trailer the f250 drops the fuel pump....:facepalm:. Ended up cancelling my weekend plans and had to drive my off road truck to work one day....was down to my final backup... Time to fix something.

Reactions: Ric

EFNFAST

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 ZR-1 Corvette, 2019 Ranger
08 F150 with 250,000 miles. If my Ranger shows up.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
1997 GMC Yukon 170k aka The beast.. We should get a little better MPG with the Ranger LOL

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks... What's the plan? Insurance isn't going to pay for that forever, or are they fixing the yota.

I know how you feel. I sold my Focus ST a few months ago, bought my temporary Explorer to drive for a few months, was planning on go offroaing, came home to get ready for the weekend and the Explorer drops the water pump. I figured whatever, I'll fix it later, and just drive my tow rig (f250) to work Monday. Then on the way to pickup the trailer the f250 drops the fuel pump....:facepalm:. Ended up cancelling my weekend plans and had to drive my off road truck to work one day....was down to my final backup... Time to fix something.
I think the Toyota will make it, just need some work.

Fate is really screwing with us. My new Ranger can’t come soon enough.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I'm really going to miss the 6 speed.

20170726_093126.jpg

20170726_093108.jpg

20170726_093136.jpg

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be replacing my 2013 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD with a new 2019 Lariat FX4 CrewCab in Saber. I previously had a F-250, but as my daily drive increased from 3 miles to 75 or so, I had to downsize for economic reasons. Except I only get about 20mpg overall in the Escape driving like an old lady...

Needless to say, I'm excited to be getting back into a truck, and even more excited that it's going to get better fuel economy than my escape. I'm actually a bit torn as to whether I'm going to get the FX4 package or not. I really haven't done much offroading, so it wouldn't be necessary, but if I got it, I could see myself having fun with it. I could also see me putting 33s on it when the stock tires wear out, and all of that sounds like it'll start to get expensive =P.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
I'll be replacing my 2013 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD with a new 2019 Lariat FX4 CrewCab in Saber. I previously had a F-250, but as my daily drive increased from 3 miles to 75 or so, I had to downsize for economic reasons. Except I only get about 20mpg overall in the Escape driving like an old lady...

Needless to say, I'm excited to be getting back into a truck, and even more excited that it's going to get better fuel economy than my escape. I'm actually a bit torn as to whether I'm going to get the FX4 package or not. I really haven't done much offroading, so it wouldn't be necessary, but if I got it, I could see myself having fun with it. I could also see me putting 33s on it when the stock tires wear out, and all of that sounds like it'll start to get expensive =P.
Ya I am also considering the FX4 package just for the snow mode and more under body protection.. I am curious about any MPG decreases with the air dam delete

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Ya I am also considering the FX4 package just for the snow mode and more under body protection.. I am curious about any MPG decreases with the air dam delete
That's a fair question. EPA testing won't cover that specifically, so that would definitely be something to keep an eye on as we get our first test results and real world driving results.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My Toyota lives! Just needs a few repairs and it will be as good as new. I wasn't looking forward to the cost of a new Ranger and a new car.

c34bdadde9004213abc672a5a7872427_904750566241_PHOTOS__Page_0001_Image_0001.jpg

sodakchuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ranger 4x4
I'm trading two: a '99 Ranger 4X4 with 72,000 miles and an '02 Mitsubishi Eclipse with 64,000 miles.
Sponsored