Ford's Retail Order Verification Program explained

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
All very good info! I'm glad your dealer owned up to their mistake.

Ford is scheduling Rangers for the build week of 2/18 right now.
Thanks @rangerdanger ! It's going to be a long few months waiting! :headbang:

Oh and thank you so much for the original post on this (and not to forget your contributions everywhere else on this forum), I would have been completely clueless on the ROVP otherwise!
Sponsored

EFNFAST

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 ZR-1 Corvette, 2019 Ranger
My dealer called me today to tell me he just found out about the ROVP. I ordered August 16th. If he tells me my order doesn't get entered until tomorrow (when I get him my lisence) and I have a delivery date in February, that will be a deal breaker.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My dealer called me today to tell me he just found out about the ROVP. I ordered August 16th. If he tells me my order doesn't get entered until tomorrow (when I get him my lisence) and I have a delivery date in February, that will be a deal breaker.
Man, that's a tough one. It may not be scheduled till mid February.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Just went by the dealer (because the salesman blew off my email) and once I could actually get the salesman to focus on what I was saying and the copy of the email (from the first post) that I had in my hand, he went into the manager and said they submitted all of the paperwork and was waiting on Ford.

Paperwork was submitted on 12/1/18 so we are talking about 7 work days. It is realistic/reasonable that it could take 1 to 2 weeks before they receive and email from Ford acknowledging the order has been approved? If not, and it really only should take a few days, can I just follow up with Ford since the conversation seems to be too difficult with the dealer.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just went by the dealer (because the salesman blew off my email) and once I could actually get the salesman to focus on what I was saying and the copy of the email (from the first post) that I had in my hand, he went into the manager and said they submitted all of the paperwork and was waiting on Ford.

Paperwork was submitted on 12/1/18 so we are talking about 7 work days. It is realistic/reasonable that it could take 1 to 2 weeks before they receive and email from Ford acknowledging the order has been approved? If not, and it really only should take a few days, can I just follow up with Ford since the conversation seems to be too difficult with the dealer.
Unfortunately the ROVP is only between dealers and Ford corporate. If you don’t feel your salesman is addressing your concerns, bring it up with the sales manager. If that doesn’t work try the general manager or owner.

Realistically it should only take 1-2 weeks to get an answer from Ford corporate. You’re in limbo right now since it’s only been 1 week.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have no words for you other than I’m sorry.

Give him a short leash to “make it right”, if not take your business elsewhere. The preorder program is open through January 2nd, so you still have time.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

My confirmation arrived back to my dealership one day after my order was submitted.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My confirmation arrived back to my dealership one day after my order was submitted.
Mine too. It only takes a day to be approved for the ROVP.

EFNFAST

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 ZR-1 Corvette, 2019 Ranger
I have no words for you other than I’m sorry.

Give him a short leash to “make it right”, if not take your business elsewhere. The preorder program is open through January 2nd, so you still have time.
I told him I needed a delivery date before I finished the ROVP paperwork. I.E. my license. He probably can't get a delivery date without my license.
I ordered it 5 months ago, if this puts me out months, I'll look elsewhere.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I told him I needed a delivery date before I finished the ROVP paperwork. I.E. my license. He probably can't get a delivery date without my license.
I ordered it 5 months ago, if this puts me out months, I'll look elsewhere.

Sorry to hear that. I ordered mine on 8/25 and still do not have a VIN, build date or ROVP approval email. However, my dealer shows 7 stock units with VINs on their website. I have given them until tomorrow to get the VIN and build date that can be tracked through the tracking system, or I'm cancelling my order.

Dealer stock units will start arriving at the dealership n the next few weeks. I'll probably have better luck with another dealer locating one to my order specs and transferring it over to my area.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mine too. It only takes a day to be approved for the ROVP.
I'll give it a week and then go talk to the manager. Probably just cancel if I don't get a clear answer. PITA

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Apparently not all ROVP approvals are done by email. I have questioned my dealer about this program several times. Yesterday he sent me confirmation of approvals of three orders all obtained from a Ford website bearing ROVP in the address. Dealer never received an emailed approval, so he told me.

Yankees14

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Mine turned out to be the same way. There was no email but he confirmed it was approved yesterday when I spoke with the sales manager. Currently in unscheduled-clean status but said it should get picked up tomorrow in the scheduling. He said with the holiday's, there seemed to be a bit of a delay in ROVP approvals as mine switched status last Friday. I ordered the day after Thanksgiving.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the ROVP is only between dealers and Ford corporate. If you don’t feel your salesman is addressing your concerns, bring it up with the sales manager. If that doesn’t work try the general manager or owner.

Realistically it should only take 1-2 weeks to get an answer from Ford corporate. You’re in limbo right now since it’s only been 1 week.

Well, well. Just got a welcome email from the salesperson this morning. He forwarded me the email from Ford letting me know the order has been approved. Great news!
Sponsored