rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll give real and ducted engine noise a pass, but artificial noise .... no pass here.
Sponsored

Denver133

First Name
Denver133
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger on order
Here's an example of the fake noise being played in the RS with the engine off. The boys over at COBB figured out how to play them at will. BTW, in the RS, to get rid of it, its as easy as unplugging a box in the trunk. Its not from the actual engine, its all fake.

HAHAHA!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’ll give real and ducted engine noise a pass, but artificial noise .... no pass here.
Depends on what you're after but yeah, I'm with you. I hope it's a simple as a fuse.

Tomsriv

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Magnum RT (345 V8), 1971 Buick Riviera (455 V8)
Maybe we should all get a Soundracer V8.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone figure out how to disable the pumped in engine noise? I don’t mind the sound but I have a light buzzing noise and I want to see if it’s the root of the problem.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Anyone figure out how to disable the pumped in engine noise? I don’t mind the sound but I have a light buzzing noise and I want to see if it’s the root of the problem.
I haven't noticed any noise really. Maybe, just maybe under WOT, but I can't really tell. Thus I have not tried to find the fabled "white fuse #27" as it is referred to in the FoRS.

Maybe if I could get my hands on some time machine juice I could go back and not partially ruin my hearing (I'm only 35) when I was 17 and stupid.

Fordstanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1969 ProStreet Mustang, 94 Lightning, 2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Got same noise here. No, it’s not the TSB trans whine. It’s a very light buzzing sound.

My Shelby GT350 has pumped in noise and was defeated only via computer. Most who defeated it turned it back on. I left it alone.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Got same noise here. No, it’s not the TSB trans whine. It’s a very light buzzing sound.

My Shelby GT350 has pumped in noise and was defeated only via computer. Most who defeated it turned it back on. I left it alone.
Hopefully we find a solution. It is annoying at low speeds. Can’t really hear it after a bit in the truck.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could pull the entire APU/Radio fuse, and see if the whine noise is still present.

R G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
35 MG PB thru 2011 R8
Can’t be all bad Porsche does it.
I remember when Porsche sold their Motor Sound Kit for the 993 generation 911s. It was a super expensive airbox lid with holes in it. I accomplished the task on my stock airbox lid with a hole saw. Sound was incredible, and it was real. No matter how good a fake sound one makes, it's fake. I would rather take the engine package sound at face value.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I honestly can't tell if it's there or not.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the Focus ST, there is (was?) an Active Sound Symposer (ASS for short) connected to the intake manifold with a diaphragm. It would take the induction noises, and put them straight into a port on the firewall, There was a valve that opened and closed progressively with the throttle position, if you remove that valve, it was really throaty all the time. However, I didn't like induction noises, so I bought an open end filter, created a plug for the open end that had a hose barb, and connected that to the ASS. Once connected, all the choo choo's of the turbo came directly into the cabin bypassing any sound deadening, it was nice :)

Then, they did away with the mechanical ASS, and started pumping noise through the speakers. It doesn't matter to me, but I would like to be able to change the station to "choo choo" from "vroom vroom".

Chad Cyr

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully we find a solution. It is annoying at low speeds. Can’t really hear it after a bit in the truck.
Did you find out what was causing your buzzing sound? I believe I have the same issue with my truck... started about a week or so ago. Engine makes a light buzzing sound at lower speeds or when accelerating. Brought my truck to my dealer and two techs had their heads in the engine bay and they could hear it, but not isolate it. I'm supposed to drop the truck off on Wednesday for them to delve deeper into the noise. Thanks.
Sponsored