OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Today my hidden winch mount came in from 589 Fab! This will allow me to add a winch and keep my stock bumper. Will be working on the leveling kit and this all day tomorrow. As always, I'll post pictures once the job is done.
IMG_20200414_172734.jpg
Sponsored

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
Just went to check out that winch mount, I like it! Too bad it's sold out right now.

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Just went to check out that winch mount, I like it! Too bad it's sold out right now.
You can thank me for that lol I got the last one! I'll keep notes of the install so you can have an idea of the process and any issues I run into.

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Alright folks...today the 2.5" rough country leveling kit was successfully put on!!! I was going to have a local shop put it on, but they quoted me $400-$500 and said it would take half a day to do it. So, I called a buddy, bought a six pack and we went to work. The first side we did took about 1-1.5hrs (had some issues) and the other side took maybe 30-45mins. If you decided to throw on this kit, feel free to reach out if you're having any issues.

The 589 Fab winch mount, RC winch, and RC front recovery hooks will be put on tomorrow. Pictures will follow
IMG_20200415_122335.jpg
IMG_20200415_161016.jpg

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
Can't wait to see the winch setup.

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
Alright, so some progress was made with getting the winch and winch mount on.....this isn't just a bolt on mount. Some work has to be done that isn't laid out in the instructions, especially with a base model XL. I'll write 589 Fab and let them know so that maybe then can add some extra notes to the instructions to future folks like myself.

We had to stop with the install today since we need to get some extra bolts. This mount fixes into the front hook mount location, but if you dont have front hooks, you don't have the bolts to make it work. I reached out to Ford to get the bolt size, still waiting to hear back.

I could go into more detail about the issues I had if any one has specific questions.

As for getting the winch itself hooked up, it was very easy, just make sure to read the instructions lol I have issues with that at times. Again, if you have specific questions, feel free to reach out.
IMG_20200416_192542.jpg

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
What a long day of work. So, alot of things had to be moved around to make this set up work. I even had to do some custom fabrication to make slots for the tow hooks. In the end, I love how it turned out. I'm not going to write too much about the work I had to do outside of the instructions, but if another owner is looking to do this l, feel free to reach out and I'll help you out.
IMG_20200417_150529.jpg
IMG_20200417_154107.jpg
IMG_20200417_160218.jpg
IMG_20200417_162122.jpg

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
So I've had some down time since I got a lot of the work done on the ranger with the parts that have came in. I've been looking for a aftermarket rear diff for my 4x2 and didn't really think I needed one, but more like wanted one. So I went with the ARB rear locker. It still hasn't shipped yet and I won't be putting this on myself. I'll provide some updates as things move along.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
So I've had some down time since I got a lot of the work done on the ranger with the parts that have came in. I've been looking for a aftermarket rear diff for my 4x2 and didn't really think I needed one, but more like wanted one. So I went with the ARB rear locker. It still hasn't shipped yet and I won't be putting this on myself. I'll provide some updates as things move along.

That is awesome I look forward to reading on that! Where did you get the components from?

I have been window shopping on stage 3's website which says aside from the ARB locker you also need...
-a new ring and pinion
-a master insstall kit, with links to the item and goes on to say 2 bearings from the rebuild kit are NOT used and you must actually get those specific bearings from ford or dana IIRC

was there anything else besides fluid and the obvious airsource requirements??

OP
OP
Pkv126

Pkv126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020-Ranger-XL-2WD
That is awesome I look forward to reading on that! Where did you get the components from?

I have been window shopping on stage 3's website which says aside from the ARB locker you also need...
-a new ring and pinion
-a master insstall kit, with links to the item and goes on to say 2 bearings from the rebuild kit are NOT used and you must actually get those specific bearings from ford or dana IIRC

was there anything else besides fluid and the obvious airsource requirements??
So I bought everything from stage 3, even the stuff they recommended. I still have to order the other bearings from Ford. I found a company out here in NC that is a authorized ARB dealer and I'm having them install it all.

Everything is arriving this coming up Tuesday and then probably getting it put on the following week. I'll let you know how it all goes!

danspec12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL, 1985 Jeep CJ-7
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Love your build thread! I also have the base XL. Was wondering how the ride has been with the level kit?
Sponsored