First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I obviously have little talent and only the tools that come standard in OSX for photo editing, but this is my idea:
Continue the white under the headlight, but leave a ribbon of red "eyeliner" that both continues to the opposite side under the grille and also joins up with the wheel arches.
images (1).jpg

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I like it. Let me start by saying I hate chrome, but a paint job like that might be just the thing that helps chrome look good.

Maybe a large decal on the side that resembles a classic Ranger Emblem.
4533.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I obviously have little talent and only the tools that come standard in OSX for photo editing, but this is my idea:
Continue the white under the headlight, but leave a ribbon of red "eyeliner" that both continues to the opposite side under the grille and also joins up with the wheel arches.
I'm beginning to like @HenryMac's version better (bottom left), and the cleaner render! Continuous white with red outline under the grille and above the bumper. More tape work at $120/hr but would be worth it IMHO

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I dig the look. Reminds me of my '84 F-150 that was damn near the exact color scheme.

ironman2991

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I got bored and did a render on my truck. I don't think it looks too shabby with the Lightning Blue either. Definitely agree on the pinstripe around it though, I think it really adds the retro flare.
Retro truck.png

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I got bored and did a render on my truck. I don't think it looks too shabby with the Lightning Blue either. Definitely agree on the pinstripe around it though, I think it really adds the retro flare.
Retro truck.png
Now THAT'S A RENDER!
grin.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I kinda dig it.

My 1990 Bronco has a similar paint scheme

48097246027_72229c8be2_k.jpg

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Retro truck.png
Excellent work on the rendering, a far nicer concept than the original execution.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Retro truck.png
I like it a lot. Could even be tempted to do this on my blue Supercab. I think you should have "painted" the door handles and the area around the side emblem white. That could be just more difficult in the rendering though. Other than that, great job!

ironman2991

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I like it a lot. Could even be tempted to do this on my blue Supercab. I think you should have "painted" the door handles and the area around the side emblem white. That could be just more difficult in the rendering though. Other than that, great job!
The handles and fender vent outlines are just artifacts of the way I drew everything. It was definitely quick and dirty, but I think it gets the point across. I'd definitely be curious to see what it looks like IRL, but I don't think I'm brave enough to do it to mine!

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Retro truck.png
I'm thinking with silver accent rather than white but I like the look...good job.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
While I waiting for my new key to be programmed, I wandered into the showroom and saw an F-150 Screw with a "Retro Package"
Chrome roll bar with 2 pair of KC lights, the old style aluminun look wheels with BFG KO2 tires, white vinyl panels added to the red paint job - AND an add on price sticker of $9,995

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
the layout of the stripe and the location, makes this a far better looking application than the original ranger at the beginning of this thread.. This one gets a thumbs up. :like:
Agreed. I think if the stripe on the original posted Ranger was narrower, it would look better . I do like the look (with some tweaks)...but wouldn't do it to mine...lol
Sponsored