Doing a trade-in with a pre-order

RangerConvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Is anyone doing a trade-in with their order?

As part of getting my truck, I have to get rid of my mustang (we don't have a garage) due to a lack of storage space.

I'm curious what your experiences were when negotiating a price for the ranger with a trade-in factored in.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

As part of getting my truck, I have to get rid of my mustang (we don't have a garage) due to a lack of storage space.

I'm curious what your experiences were when negotiating a price for the ranger with a trade-in factored in.
I’m trading in my 2006 Ranger for the new one. I already went to Carmax and got it appraised for $1,500. If my Ford dealer can beat it great, otherwise I’ll take it back to Carmax.

As for how the trade-in affects the price on my 2019 Ranger, I have X-Plan pricing, so no negotiation on the price.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I am trading my 2010 chevy pickup, we agreed on a trade value about a week after I placed my order. I am going with x-plan so it was pretty straight forward. I know what they will give me but I am free to sell it any time before my truck comes in.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired

I wanted to know what ballpark figure my Colorado was worth, so I agreed with my dealer to appraise my truck as if I were trading it in on the date I made my order. I was well pleased with that appraisal, so I know the approximate amount I'll need to finance and am comfortable with that. When the Ranger arrives, they will appraise it again for its value at that time, and I understand it will likely have decreased in value. I have dealt with the dealer previously, and I transport cars for them, so I am not concerned about a low appraisal. Since I've paid no money down, if it would come in too low, I would just walk away. I ordered my Colorado under the same understanding with the GM dealer and I was pleased with that transaction.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I wanted to know what ballpark figure my Colorado was worth, so I agreed with my dealer to appraise my truck as if I were trading it in on the date I made my order. I was well pleased with that appraisal, so I know the approximate amount I'll need to finance and am comfortable with that. When the Ranger arrives, they will appraise it again for its value at that time, and I understand it will likely have decreased in value. I have dealt with the dealer previously, and I transport cars for them, so I am not concerned about a low appraisal. Since I've paid no money down, if it would come in too low, I would just walk away. I ordered my Colorado under the same understanding with the GM dealer and I was pleased with that transaction.
My 2015 Z71 2wd crewcab with 45k miles fetched 19k at the Chevy dealer. It needed tires and a windshield. I owed less so I got a healthy refund.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer

I ordered in October and am trading in my 2018 mustang GT. They offered me a fair trade in as my car is a stand out with 20 inch tires and only 2800 miles. They did not offer me a discount other than the $750 pre order perk and said that according to their rep, my truck would arrive in March.
I told them that they were being delivered in January and they told me so cockamany story of that the dealership will get the 2019 RANGERS in stock before the preorders so they can get the bugs out thus mine would be bug free , haha. Sounds like a load of crap to me but I figured it would arrive when Ford sent it so I smiled and put down my $500 deposit. I was the first at this dealership to order one so I have to give them some slack.

sodakchuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ranger 4x4

I am trading two vehicles: 02 mitsubishi eclipse and my 99 ranger, total trade in offered by my local dealer came to $5,000.00. They also quoted a price around $2000.00 below MSRP.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to not wait on trading in, as my focus st was ready for it's 3rd set of tires at 45k. Sold it to carmax, paid it off, and bought a cheap Explorer to drive around for a few months. No car payment, insurance went down and at the end I can flip it, and hopefully make a few bucks. I will say....I miss power windows :frown:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to not wait on trading in, as my focus st was ready for it's 3rd set of tires at 45k. Sold it to carmax, paid it off, and bought a cheap Explorer to drive around for a few months. No car payment, insurance went down and at the end I can flip it, and hopefully make a few bucks. I will say....I miss power windows :frown:
I think I will do the same as you, because last night I tried to pull out of my driveway in my 2006 Ranger and it wouldn't start. The starter kept cranking and the battery had enough juice, but the engine never turned over. In a fit of rage I went to bed, and luckily it worked this morning, but I think this is fate telling me to trade it in early and be truck-less for 60 days.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think at $1500 it kinda already is a beater...lol

What's the details on it? My father in law has been looking around for 4 door scab in good condition for cheap.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think at $1500 it kinda already is a beater...lol

What's the details on it? My father in law has been looking around for 4 door scab in good condition for cheap.
2006 Ford Ranger XL 3.0L V6 4x2 with 165k miles.

Needs new front wheel bearings & an alignment.

Definitely a beater, but I hope my Ford dealer will overlook that for that sake of a good business relationship.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2006 Ford Ranger XL 3.0L V6 4x2 with 165k miles.

Needs new front wheel bearings & an alignment.

Definitely a beater, but I hope my Ford dealer will overlook that for that sake of a good business relationship.
So regular cab 5 speed?