Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do I get a vote? I want you to do it so I know if it works.
Looks like the Ranger Raptor has a 2.5" factory lift over a regular 4x4 Ranger T6 "Hi-Rider". So unless you also lift your Ranger, it might not fit.
I guess we'll find out - Order placed! I was most likely going to lift it anyway, but this'll just give me that more of a reason if they don't fit.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I guess we'll find out - Order placed! I was most likely going to lift it anyway, but this'll just give me that more of a reason if they don't fit.
Factory Tires:
265 65R17.png

Ranger Raptor tires:
285 70R17.png

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Sweet. I'd love to know how they fit, how it affects mpg and if there is any noticeable ride difference. This will be my daily driver and baby mobile so I can't do anything that'd make the wife complain that our son isn't allowed in my vehicle such as harsh ride (she isn't very happy about my Fiesta ST).

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet. I'd love to know how they fit, how it affects mpg and if there is any noticeable ride difference. This will be my daily driver and baby mobile so I can't do anything that'd make the wife complain that our son isn't allowed in my vehicle such as harsh ride (she isn't very happy about my Fiesta ST).
I'll definitely let everyone know, I'm planning on getting the Ranger Raptor wheels also that were on display at the Ford booth (and on at least one of the trucks) at SEMA.

Funny, I'm also a new dad with a Focus RS. We've been lugging the carseat around in my wife's Edge.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I'll definitely let everyone know, I'm planning on getting the Ranger Raptor wheels also that were on display at the Ford booth (and on at least one of the trucks) at SEMA.

Funny, I'm also a new dad with a Focus RS. We've been lugging the carseat around in my wife's Edge.
Expect to have to at least level the front of the truck out for those tires to fit. You might even have to do some creative trimming up front for turning clearance. Full lock in reverse is usually where you will hear rubbing.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
These just showed up... Now if I only had my truck... :D
em28roD.jpg

EFNFAST

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 ZR-1 Corvette, 2019 Ranger
These just showed up... Now if I only had my truck... :D
em28roD.jpg
Nice, I love those BFG's, only tires I buy for my trucks. However, I always buy from a local shop. Might not save me every penny, but we need these small business', the only way they survive is if we support them.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I also want to get the 285/70 R 17 KOs . Have not decided on the wheels yet I kind of like the 17 " optional ones from the factory. I would rather not lift or level if I don't have to. I have 275/65 R18 KOs on my Super Duty and like them. Josh, I also have an RS. Let us know as soon as you mount them. I haven't ordered my Ranger yet but I will in January. Do you have a build date and delivery yet?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I love those BFG's, only tires I buy for my trucks. However, I always buy from a local shop. Might not save me every penny, but we need these small business', the only way they survive is if we support them.
I hear ya on the local shop thing, but when they're charging me ~$300 per tire, vs the $192 I got them for with no tax and free shipping... Its hard to pass up. I'll go to them to mount them on my wheels though. :D

I also want to get the 285/70 R 17 KOs . Have not decided on the wheels yet I kind of like the 17 " optional ones from the factory. I would rather not lift or level if I don't have to. I have 275/65 R18 KOs on my Super Duty and like them. Josh, I also have an RS. Let us know as soon as you mount them. I haven't ordered my Ranger yet but I will in January. Do you have a build date and delivery yet?
I'm definitely going with the Raptor Wheels whenever they pop up on the Ford Performance site. So far I only have a build week, and that's January 14th. Once it gets closer it'll get scheduled to a specific day and I'll update that VIN tracking page. :like:

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
I fit BFG 285/70R17 KO2s on my Ranger XLT (2015 Global), without any issues. Don't even need a lift.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I fit BFG 285/70R17 KO2s on my Ranger XLT (2015 Global), without any issues. Don't even need a lift.
That's great to hear! How close does anything get to rubbing?

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
That's great to hear! How close does anything get to rubbing?
Only thing that's close (about 1-2" left) is the tire sidewall to where the upper control arm meets the knuckle, but I know the knuckle is different in the US Ranger, so it may not be a problem.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing that's close (about 1-2" left) is the tire sidewall to where the upper control arm meets the knuckle, but I know the knuckle is different in the US Ranger, so it may not be a problem.
Thanks for the info, I'll know first hand soon enough. I can't wait for my truck to get here!

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Hey Josh if you're getting 285/70 R 17 KO2's and I'm getting 285/65 R 18 KO2's with the Ford performance wheel's and comparing it on tire calculator it seems your tires are .1" taller. I don't know if I'm reading that right.

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Also, TR isn't offering that deal anymore, I wish they were. I'm trying to see if they offer anything for New Years.
Sponsored