Hold up on the $95 option?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer made it sound like the 2Q 2019 is probably right for my truck with the keypad entry. He said he has nothing to do with production or arrival of a vehicle which I understand. I wanted a cover also but didn't order it - thought I would have one put on by a cover place. I ordered from probably the biggest Ford Dealer in St. Louis so was hoping that might make some difference but I guess not. But the salesman said I'm really gonna love this truck - when I get it!
Is your dealer saying this is not a factory installed option? And that it won’t delay delivery of new Rangers?
Sponsored

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
The Ford Factory key-less entry can be bought from Ford and added after the fact for $95.

OP
OP

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
The Ford Factory key-less entry can be bought from Ford and added after the fact for $95.
I understand it's a factory installed option. And nothing has been said about adding it on after it gets to the dealer. Not saying it couldn't happen but they haven't mentioned it. I do agree with some others who have commented they'd like to see the keypad up on the window column or whatever it's called and not just above the door handle but no huge deal I guess.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You get a key fob with keyless entry the touch pad is irrelevant so non issue with me.

OP
OP

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
You get a key fob with keyless entry the touch pad is irrelevant so non issue with me.
I've had a touch pad on my F-150 for last 13 years and never been locked out of vehicle. And I lock my key/fob in all the time so I don't have to worry about carrying it around or losing it. Just used to it and like it that way. As one who got locked out of his vehicle more than once a many, many, years ago, no more coat hangers or police help with a touch pad.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Locking the fob in the vehicle while on the trail or the water is a huge issue for many of us. Maybe not in big cities, but in the intermountain west we do it all the time.

That way your stuff is locked up but you don't have keys jingling in your pocket while hiking, hunting, jogging, fishing, trail running etc...

PS. I've never heard of somebody getting a vehicle stolen at a trail head so nobody really worries about that.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a touch pad on my F-150 for last 13 years and never been locked out of vehicle. And I lock my key/fob in all the time so I don't have to worry about carrying it around or losing it. Just used to it and like it that way. As one who got locked out of his vehicle more than once a many, many, years ago, no more coat hangers or police help with a touch pad.
Same reason I’m getting the keypad, it’s a peace of mind when I have my kid in the truck. I know they aren’t in danger since I can never got locked out.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
On the Lariat with the push button start It may have the same smart entry I have in my fusion. as long as the key fob is in range you can lock and un-lock the doors by touching the door handle or with your smart phone... :)

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I guess all cars are different my 13 Escape won't lock the doors if the fob is in the car.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I guess all cars are different my 13 Escape won't lock the doors if the fob is in the car.
Don't know about 2013 but on my 16 the keypad is the only way I know of to lock the intelligent start fob in the car (which is why some of us want keypads).

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know about 2013 but on my 16 the keypad is the only way I know of to lock the intelligent start fob in the car (which is why some of us want keypads).
I've never had the need to lock the fob in the car my 13 escape has remote start feature

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've never had the need to lock the fob in the car my 13 escape has remote start feature
Post 21 explains it well....I'm in that boat as well...

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Locking the fob in the vehicle while on the trail or the water is a huge issue for many of us. Maybe not in big cities, but in the intermountain west we do it all the time.

That way your stuff is locked up but you don't have keys jingling in your pocket while hiking, hunting, jogging, fishing, trail running etc...

PS. I've never heard of somebody getting a vehicle stolen at a trail head so nobody really worries about that.
Post 21 explains it well....I'm in that boat as well...
Ok now I dig:like:

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
How do you lock your key fob in the car??? My BMWs won't lock if the key fob is inside. My son's Honda Civic does the same thing.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
How do you lock your key fob in the car??? My BMWs won't lock if the key fob is inside. My son's Honda Civic does the same thing.
You can lock the car with the fob inside using the Keyless entry Keypad.
Sponsored