Truck told me to get a coffee twice !!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Mine will display "Rest required soon" or some crap like that even with Lane Assist turned off. Hey, it's MY side of the road. I'll use ALL of it if I want to! :rolleyes:
Sponsored

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
There is a place where you can see what the truck determines your alertness to be. On the dash display, go to driver assist and driver alerts, I think its under there, going by memory and snowing out so I'm not verifying tonight.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
This is so funny to me! Haven’t had it happen yet, but I think it’s pretty cool.:sunglasses::crackup:

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
This is so funny to me! Haven’t had it happen yet, but I think it’s pretty cool.:sunglasses::crackup:
Mine did it several times today. I'll take some photos next time it does it. Then it'll probably tell me "NO PHOTOS WHILE DRIVING"!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I joke with her that her parents must have taken her out in their car as a baby to get her to sleep. lol
You laugh, but we have done that when all else fails. :LOL:

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
*Ford's Driver Alert System constantly monitors your driving behavior and is designed to detect any changes that could be caused by fatigue. It uses a forward-looking camera to monitor the vehicle position in the lane and calculate a vigilance level for the driver.*

Corrected European English...they love their "u's" :D
it sux at it too. you drift a little too much and you that that bullshit. and the "forward crash alarm or whatever that is called, has not filter. it really can't tell what is going on so it alarms for no damn good reason because it can't tell the car your about to hit is in a different lane
Hmmm I've never seen this and I think I have all the nannies cranked up. Do you have to swerve our of your lane a few times or drive without your hand on the wheel for a long time?
no swerving needed just drifting. I am one of those that like to use the entire lane so that thing comes on way more that it should.

Frankly these programmers really missed the boat. Especially Sync. I get so mad. sometimes when it give me shit info. I am like FUCK YOU! they should have programmed it to say something like. " no. fuck YOU!" but that probably would not pass those that take professionalism over fun.

if you haven't yet and you have an I phone "Hey Siri!" "you're a bitch" is always fun

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I've been know to drive on the white line marking the lane to see around the cars ahead of me to see who the @$$hole is driving 8 miles an hour under the speed limit. I get the alert when I do that. Since I retired an only work a few hours a day an don't drive in "rush hour" I haven't seen this light.
Sponsored