Spotify Issues

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Okay, I am getting really frustrated with this now. Every morning when I start my truck, I can not get Spotify to work. It will show it on my dash screen, but no sound or control. I pretty much have to restart my phone to get it to connect, and after that, I will stay connected pretty much all day. When I first try to connect, Spotify shows "No internet connection" on my phone. But my Ford Pass shows connected every time, all the time. And, I have disconnected and reconnected my phone multiple times to try to solve issue, but no luck.....what's up with this? Btw, I am not a very tech savvy type of guy, so bear with me please. Thanks!
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I have Spotify on my Mac desktop and have had issues like you described.
Try and restart Spotify and might also un-pair the Bluetooth and re-pair.

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I have Spotify on my Mac desktop and have had issues like you described.
Try and restart Spotify and might also un-pair the Bluetooth and re-pair.
Okay, I did that and it works fine but, I have to do that about 4-6 times a week. This is the only thing that I am "hating" about this truck...

rlshutt

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2011 Ford Edge, 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
The no internet issue might be from leaving your home WiFi and switching to a cell signal. My phone does that because my WiFi ends at the garage and the phone will keep trying to get the WiFi while I am in the truck until I pull out into the street. Try turning WiFi off so you go to the cell connection first.

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Okay, I rarely ever use wifi, and never at my house. Could the problem be that I do not have wifi connected on my phone when I get in my truck?

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Okay, I am getting really frustrated with this now. Every morning when I start my truck, I can not get Spotify to work. It will show it on my dash screen, but no sound or control. I pretty much have to restart my phone to get it to connect, and after that, I will stay connected pretty much all day. When I first try to connect, Spotify shows "No internet connection" on my phone. But my Ford Pass shows connected every time, all the time. And, I have disconnected and reconnected my phone multiple times to try to solve issue, but no luck.....what's up with this? Btw, I am not a very tech savvy type of guy, so bear with me please. Thanks!
If you have an iPhone, an app may be restricted to use wifi only, and never use cellular data. If by some chance yours is set up that way, it'll only work if your on wifi. You can check by going to Settings - scroll to the Spotify app, and check whether or not 'Use Cellular' is on or off.

This probably works the same way with Android, but I don't have any experience with that OS.

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Okay, so I have an Android phone, but now it seems as if the issues are gone now for some reason. I am not driving everyday like before, and the Ford Pass app has been updated several days ago. Problem solved? Phone or app? Time will tell I guess....
Sponsored