Who is running 12's in the 1/4? I did some weight reduction on mine!

gnx7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XL 2wd, '93 RX-7 turbo LS9, '69 Chevelle turbo ProTouring
Has anyone gotten into the 12's yet with some very basic upgrades to their truck yet?

My work truck only has about 200 miles on it.... but I see some upgrades coming soon to try and get it into the high 12's.

Current state of affairs on my 2wd Ranger: Bocar Australian aluminum (6ft wide inside width x 7ft long) utility bed (200lb weight reduction as we used corner weight scales before/after). I own a swimming pool service and equipment repair company and factory beds are simply too high and awkward to work out of for us. The older Tacoma is the workhorse of the industry... but the newer ones are also super high beds and 2wd aren't really any shorter than the 4wd model.

Of note- Milwaukee electric tools are awesome especially their mini Sawzall and rivet gun they make to install this bed!

IMG_6984.jpg

603771018.jpg

IMG_6987.jpg
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
They say that 100 lbs is worth a tenth of a second.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I like this truck. What does such a utility bed cost roughly?

Reactions: Doc

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
FYI I picked up a Bauer impact driver from Harbor Freight. It is THE BEST thing I've ever bought from there. I put the shank in for sockets an use it to take apart an assemble everything. I hand tighten to be safe when done but it's 105 lb feet of tq so I don't have to worry about snapping anything. I mostly just mod my Harley an now the ranger so I don't really need high end tools (even though I have a few snap on an Mac items).

Travis11

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Tacoma
I love the bed, what was cost and did you do the install yourself?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Just saying what everyone else is saying, love that bed.

Jklein0402

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger XLT 4X4, 1999 Ford F-250SD 7.3L 6Spd SuperCab Long-Bed, 05 Suzuki bandit 1200s, 16' Suzuki bandit 1250s
Occupation
Water systems. Rv/ Trailer Transport.
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good time. I'm pretty sure I'll be in the 12s come next track day. I ran 9s in the 8th mile with only an exhaust last September. I have a xlt 4x4 FX4 extended cab with an ARE canopy. No weight reduction. I now have Exhaust, intake, BOV upgrade, Hardpiping for the intercooler. Downpipe with hiflo cat and custom tune. I'm No.05 on the time slip. All runs are done in auto S, 4hi with advancedtrac and tcs off. Launched at 2900rpm +- 100. That bed is sweet. I've always wanted a flatbed.

Have yet to get her on a Dyno but soon hopefully.

IMG_20190920_205858548.jpg

OP
OP

gnx7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XL 2wd, '93 RX-7 turbo LS9, '69 Chevelle turbo ProTouring
That bed truly is awesome... the new interior space makes this truck waaaaay more usable! We put them on our pool service trucks and after looking in the US for similar ones they were around $4500 plus install which we felt was simply too much for what they were... it's a modular design from extruded aluminum and assembled in Australia where the floor is pretty much tongue/groove much like home flooring. Tons of trucks in Kangaroo land have these on them. My buddy ordered 6 of them on a pallet from Australia and then he installed them on his truck fleet. I was lucky enough to get a spare he had. The ones available for sale here in USA aren't as nice and cost 50% more.

I'm at 1400 miles... time to put a tune on the truck and take it to the dragstrip!

Took it to an official weigh scale and with 1/4 tank of fuel it was 4060lbs with the aluminum bed on it.

Last edited:

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
Vehicle Showcase
I'm aiming for 12's in mine. I'm going to the drag strip this Saturday so I'll post my times soon after! Never had it on the Dyno but so far there isn't much on the street that keep up with me. I've gone nose to nose with an Audi S7 but no idea what mods he had but I know that stock those run around a 12.5 quarter mile so I've got my hopes up! Everyone that has ridden in it with me tells me that it's just ridiculously fast lol.

My mods so far are:
aFe BladeRunner Hard Intercooler Pipes
aFe Race Catless Dowpipe
Heat wrapped Downpipe
K&N Drop in filter
1 step colder NGK spark Plugs
GFB VTA+ DV BOV
Custom tune from Unleashed Tuning (currently on tune revision 12)
Custom made full exhaust with side exit just before the rear tire

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight's the night!!!! I'm in line for staging and ready to go for my very first run ever in this truck! Wish me luck guys, results and pictures to come!!

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Darek , What does wrapping the downpipe do
for performance, plus I have always heard a hotter range plug gives better mpgs and performance , what does stepping down a heat range do?
An old man on a learning curve

1028190843a.jpg

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Darek , What does wrapping the downpipe do
for performance, plus I have always heard a hotter range plug gives better mpgs and performance , what does stepping down a heat range do?
An old man on a learning curve

1028190843a.jpg
So for the plugs, as far as I understand, the colder range plug allows for more boost to be added while also reducing knock and preignition. As for the header wrap, honestly I did it mainly to reduce the high pitch pinging sound that catless pipes are known to produce.