Ford Performance

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Any word on the Ford performance package?
I'm looking at the exhaust and Rousch CAI.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack your thread, but I just had to tell you I love your avatar..... Beaker never fails to make me laugh out loud!!!

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Not to hijack your thread, but I just had to tell you I love your avatar..... Beaker never fails to make me laugh out loud!!!
LOL...No problem. That avatar depicts my experience with mods on trucks. My son send me an email with 5k worth of mods for the Ranger - and it wasn't even delivered yet! I first thought - nope....I have a warranty. But I'm getting more interested by reading all the stuff on this forum.
I feel like Beaker...the kid does a lot of this stuff all the time.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I added the Rousch CAI without the tune. So far I love it!

Haven't decided which direction I want/will go in regards to tuning yet!

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
wick.jpg

I added the Rousch CAI without the tune. So far I love it!

Haven't decided which direction I want/will go in regards to tuning yet!
Just found the Rousch CAI on Amazon for 400 bucks and talked to a guy at a local shop that they are going to have a special pricing on the Magna Flow exhaust in March...

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
wick.jpg

Just found the Rousch CAI on Amazon for 400 bucks and talked to a guy at a local shop that they are going to have a special pricing on the Magna Flow exhaust in March...

Why not do a muffler delete? That's what I did after Doc posted a clip of the sound. Best 60 bux I ever spent,and sounds every bit as good as any big name ss catbacks I heard on here. All it took was a 30" x 3" pipe welded in. I now have a 3" free flow cat back exhaust. Food for thought...

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Why not do a muffler delete? That's what I did after Doc posted a clip of the sound. Best 60 bux I ever spent,and sounds every bit as good as any big name ss catbacks I heard on here. All it took was a 30" x 3" pipe welded in. I now have a 3" free flow cat back exhaust. Food for thought...
We thought about that. This forum is great for all kinds of information. We wanted to have the fun of a bolt on as well. We still haven't made up our minds yet. It's to cold and wet to do anything now - but shop around. When it gets down to it...it'll depend on cost and time. But we can't cut and weld, so that'll have to be shop time.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
wick.jpg

Do you know if it's just his shop, or a Magnaflow promotion going on? I'd like to buy with special pricing, and that's my birthday month.

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Do you know if it's just his shop, or a Magnaflow promotion going on? I'd like to buy with special pricing, and that's my birthday month.
Happy Birthday...mine also. But the wife doesn't know about this yet.
I'm guessing it's a Magnaflow promotion. When I asked the guy about where the discount comes from and how much it entails...all he could say was March 7 and he had no other details. I found the installer as a Magnaflow dealer on their website. I'm calling back on March 7. I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck, as well as the most fun. This seems to be a straight forward install - but I'm a blind old fart who moves cautiously. I like the old memories of tinkering - but don't want to die doing it.

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Birthday...mine also. But the wife doesn't know about this yet.
I'm guessing it's a Magnaflow promotion. When I asked the guy about where the discount comes from and how much it entails...all he could say was March 7 and he had no other details. I found the installer as a Magnaflow dealer on their website. I'm calling back on March 7. I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck, as well as the most fun. This seems to be a straight forward install - but I'm a blind old fart who moves cautiously. I like the old memories of tinkering - but don't want to die doing it.

I'm a geezer too,and my dad started me wrenching when I was 4 years old,and I never stopped until 06. I'm not able to do even oil changes anymore,so I have to pay someone to do it. Same same with the exhaust,but it was the best 60 bux I ever spent.And get this,my WIFE loves it !!! Go figure...

OP
OP
ryyck

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm a geezer too,and my dad started me wrenching when I was 4 years old,and I never stopped until 06. I'm not able to do even oil changes anymore,so I have to pay someone to do it. Same same with the exhaust,but it was the best 60 bux I ever spent.And get this,my WIFE loves it !!! Go figure...
I'll be sure to leave a note here when it's done.
Don't under estimate the wife. Mine acts like she's a preacher...but likes the walk on the wild side. She shoots guns, plays with the fire pit, and has a car that growls like a cat. But, she hates to spend money when she can't wear the money on her feet...lol!!!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
First mod should be paint protection if you ever drive near a dirt road :)

After that, the factory intake is quite good, and pulls cold air through the snorkel on the passenger side. I'd definitely look towards the exhaust and downpipe first and second (after paint protection).

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be sure to leave a note here when it's done.
Don't under estimate the wife. Mine acts like she's a preacher...but likes the walk on the wild side. She shoots guns, plays with the fire pit, and has a car that growls like a cat. But, she hates to spend money when she can't wear the money on her feet...lol!!!

LMAO !!!

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Ford exhaust is Borla - I have it an love it. I am waiting on the Ford Procal tune with drop in air filter since I can use my Ford Pass or Connect can't remember what they are called to help with cost. A couple of good threads on Rousch and Ford tunes around. Ford said the ProCal package would be out 3rd quarter. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/ford-tune-for-ranger-coming-soon.5508/

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
My stock exhaust is long gone but I’m pretty sure I recall measuring and it’s not 3”. Yes I believe the input and output from the muffler is, but the rest was something like 2.6” with some even smaller parts in a couple places.
Sponsored