Upgrading Factory 4" Sync Lite Display (300A)

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
That's what I have heard. The problem for me is finding the bezels since the car is so new.
I know this is a old post, but I have a kit on eBay for sale. Comes with bezel, USB, t harness and USB cable.

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drop the link
Now this item number 174083756761
I can verify 100% this guy sells display with navigation. It's for 2019 Ford f150 but with brackets I got, it works perfectly. Does have to be programed with forscan but xl will have to be done anyhow. He sells for 399.99 So a little over 8. Your set. A lot better then other prices out there.

jgrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'm in the same boat - I got the truck I wanted with the exception of the stereo. Based on my repetitive searches of the internet, I think I've found the same pages you have. At the moment it seems like the options are:
1- Go through one of the two websites offering the OEM 8" replacements for $1800 and bite the bullet. The replacement seems simple enough and you gain climate control (if you don't have it which I assume you don't since I don't).
2- Do what the one YouTube guy did and install a double-DIN head unit using Maestro and a Ford replacement bezel. The only issue at the moment is that Maestro doesn't have settings specific to the Ranger - the guy in the video used the F-150 settings.

I have no problem doing the head unit if I retain back-up camera functionality and the use of the steering wheel controls. Let me know what you do,

John

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and dropped the price of my kit to help anyone trying to upgrade. Listed on eBay item number is 264565282536. Thanks

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone here is interested in the kit i have. It includes bezel. Car play usb hub and car play wiring cable. T harness for plug and play. Set of brackets for new display, those would allow the use of a f150 display and module. 325.00 with shipping. You have to buy your own display and module. Module is either non navigation or navigation. I seen display and module going from 250.00 to 400.00 message me if interested. Can use PayPal or even Facebook to do payment

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is serious about doing the sync 3 upgrade. 4 to 8 inch screen. I have dropped my kit price on eBay, down to 300 plus 25 shipping. Comes with 8 inch bezel, new plug and play T harness, dual USB Carplay, USB Cable. Mounting brackets. Thanks

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
There are several different Android head units on AliExpress for the global ranger. Does anyone know if it is possible to make these work with the US ranger?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40002...er_id=df1b17d157bd474aaabea1d671061e54&is_c=N
It looks nice, but I don't know if I can trust that. I feel it's a safer option to just get a brand name like pioneer, Sony, Alpine, ect and just wait for a bezel to come out. The name brand decks will come with a warranty easier trouble shooting lol

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is serious about doing the sync 3 upgrade. 4 to 8 inch screen. I have dropped my kit price on eBay, down to 300 plus 25 shipping. Comes with 8 inch bezel, new plug and play T harness, dual USB Carplay, USB Cable. Mounting brackets. Thanks

Kit has been sold.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Damn I know you said it was sold. I am very interested in this option., if you come across any other kits.

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
Been awhile since I have checked in, but does anyone have updates on this inquiry? I was wondering out-loud if it would be possible to take the bezel used in an F-150 and transfer it into the Ranger?

Again, it is not dire that I upgrade the infotainment system, but it sure would be nice.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
The dash kit is out now. Just have to order it. I have seen 2 people do double din installs.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Has anyone swapper their radio for an aftermarket system?? I’m crushing crutchfield and it’s saying our ranger only has a 6inch clearance in the dash. Most receivers I’m finding that I like are close to 8.
So does anyone know if the depth is actually 6??
Sponsored