Where does everyone go off-roading in our area?

Eragon

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Where does everyone go off-roading in our area with their Ranger? Looking for places to go and maybe get a group to go with.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Where does everyone go off-roading in our area with their Ranger? Looking for places to go and maybe get a group to go with.
Drummond Island,Manistee Natl Forrest, Michigan UP Logging, Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Really there's not a whole lot of public land open to offroading in most of Michigan, just sporadic trails through various state parks which are usually used to access inland lakes and whatnot.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
That will probably be too serious for me to knowingly drive a 40K truck into for the sole purpose of trying not to get stuck.

Should they install a trout stream at the back of it, I may give it a shot.

I'm in Lapeer BTW, I drive through Oxford every day. Next time I wave at you, I expect at least a nod.

:)
Finally, a Ranger neighbor lol. I frequent the pit a decent amount. Waiting to see what the DNR has done to it though as Im sure its going to be way more regulated.

Im not sure I could do the ORV park either to be honest. Maybe with an actual suspension lift and not just spacers. I do want to check it out when it opens though just to see how challenging it looks.

So funny story about seeing other Rangers. Saturday morning I see a guy in one going down Drahner. We get to the light and hes looking over so I wave. This guy gave me the dirtiest look I have ever received. He was so confused why I would wave at him.

I try to keep an eye out for them and Im seeing more and more but we definitely do not have the same Jeep wave culture.

If you see me, give me a honk, run me off the road or whatever to get my attention lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1634

Drummond Island,Manistee Natl Forrest, Michigan UP Logging, Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Really there's not a whole lot of public land open to offroading in most of Michigan, just sporadic trails through various state parks which are usually used to access inland lakes and whatnot.
We used to go on a lot of old logging roads and low maintenance (dirt) county roads when I grew up in the UP. Good way to get lost since none of them are on maps or laid out in a good way.

Here is Minnesota there isn't much lower than low maintenance county roads and forest roads. I sneak onto some ORV trails every once in awhile (even though I don't have the sticker for that). But otherwise, not much.

Deleted member 1634

Finally, a Ranger neighbor lol. I frequent the pit a decent amount. Waiting to see what the DNR has done to it though as Im sure its going to be way more regulated.

Im not sure I could do the ORV park either to be honest. Maybe with an actual suspension lift and not just spacers. I do want to check it out when it opens though just to see how challenging it looks.

So funny story about seeing other Rangers. Saturday morning I see a guy in one going down Drahner. We get to the light and hes looking over so I wave. This guy gave me the dirtiest look I have ever received. He was so confused why I would wave at him.

I try to keep an eye out for them and Im seeing more and more but we definitely do not have the same Jeep wave culture.

If you see me, give me a honk, run me off the road or whatever to get my attention lol.
I had an encounter with the only other guy at work with a Ranger. Saw him leaving the parking lot in his truck, gave him a smile and wave, said nice truck, and he just glared back at me. Even if he's not a Ranger fan like I am, or even noticed I had a Ranger as well, that's still a poor response to somebody simply saying hi and that you have a nice truck.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
No, i have not been there. A friend has taken his jeep there a couple times the past few years.

OP
OP
Eragon

Eragon

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Took my Ranger out off some trails in Ohio, near Tar Hollow State park. I have to say how impressed I was with the truck. I have the Fx4 Suspension on my XLT Sport model, and stock tires. Still was a blast!

fordtough2.png

fordtough3.png

fordtough1.png

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Took my Ranger out off some trails in Ohio, near Tar Hollow State park. I have to say how impressed I was with the truck. I have the Fx4 Suspension on my XLT Sport model, and stock tires. Still was a blast!

I was planning a camping trip down there for July and maybe deer season. where are some good trails?

Timosin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

fordtough2.png

fordtough3.png

fordtough1.png
I've been looking around for places to try some light offroading since I've never done it before. I'm from the Cincinnati area and I'm having a hard time finding just some off-pavement driving. Were those trails designated off road trails or did you just happen to find them?

OP
OP
Eragon

Eragon

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking around for places to try some light offroading since I've never done it before. I'm from the Cincinnati area and I'm having a hard time finding just some off-pavement driving. Were those trails designated off road trails or did you just happen to find them?
I actually went with a friend who showed me. They are county roads (mostly). I can find the route from my gps but I am planning a return trip soon.
Sponsored