First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's a bag we got with a free range kit when we bought the Shield 380 EZ .At the time, I didn't like it and gave it away but I had 4 pistols.
I'm looking forward to getting the Orca bag tomorrow.

I keep all my cleaning stuff home in a box, I just carry a small Ballistol spray and microfiber cloth in my range bag.
I had that S&W bag along with 3 others saved in my favorites but decided to go with the Savior because of it's size and having several of their rifle bags the quality is excellent and they have a lifetime warrantee. All my rifle bags have multiple pockets for mags and my main range bag is stuffed. Sometimes when we go I just want to shoot pistol so I can now just grab my main bag and this one and not forget anything.

I leave my main cleaning kit at home but carry bore snakes for every caliber along with Ballistrol (this stuff is great) and a couple microfiber gun cloths.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's a bag we got with a free range kit when we bought the Shield 380 EZ .At the time, I didn't like it and gave it away but I had 4 pistols.
I'm looking forward to getting the Orca bag tomorrow.

I keep all my cleaning stuff home in a box, I just carry a small Ballistol spray and microfiber cloth in my range bag.
Yeah I'm thinking about that too I'm going to send it back and get something smaller. I put everything I could in there and it is still real floppy (and heavy) to carry I'm going to go to Bass Pro tomorrow so I can get an idea what different sizes are and then see if Amazon's got the bag that I want.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm thinking about that too I'm going to send it back and get something smaller. I put everything I could in there and it is still real floppy (and heavy) to carry I'm going to go to Bass Pro tomorrow so I can get an idea what different sizes are and then see if Amazon's got the bag that I want.
The ammo is heavy. I usually bring around 500 rounds to the range. Everything else really isn't heavy but takes room.
The 22" bag was too big and bulky. I did carry more ammo too.

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Orca bag from Amazon.
Great quality bag and everything below in it and I still have 3 compartments free and more room inside if needed. I don't carry that much 32 and 9mm ammo to the range but it still fits with room.
Velcro American flag patch to add on coming today.
Wifey's Beretta bag for her 380 and range items in the last pic.

SKxOx61.jpg
RxwygRz.jpg

WJI82mk.jpg

Last edited:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my range bag. It's a Bulldog. The contents in the middle are 2 pair ear muffs, 250rds of 9mm, 100rds 22LR, handful of earplugs, 3 pair safety glasses (different lens tinting). You can see all the outside pockets. I also have a UpLula loader on one end. I can put some more small stuff in side it, but another gun bag for the extra pistols would be great.

20200225_162455.jpg

20200225_162539.jpg

20200225_162553.jpg

20200225_164210.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Perfect timing,the tax stamp for the 9mm Omega9K suppressor came in today and we're going shooting tomorrow. It's 4.7" and only 7.2 oz. Going to have 2 new cans to try out (5.56&9mm) and the new Ruger MKIV along with the Kimber that was returned for the warrantee work. This all started a little over a year ago when I shot a friends CZ Scorpion who had the Omega 9K suppressor and it was so quiet and the Scorpion is a lot of fun to shoot.

The dealer told me today that he had a tax stamp come back in 3 months just yesterday. This one took 11 months and he's still waiting for his and it's been 7 months and counting. Makes no sense how the ATF does this but then again it's the government so nothing they do makes any sense. :crazy:

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite as fantastic as dave's post
Perfect timing,the tax stamp for the 9mm Omega9K suppressor came in today and we're going shooting tomorrow. It's 4.7" and only 7.2 oz. Going to have 2 new cans to try out (5.56&9mm) and the new Ruger MKIV along with the Kimber that was returned for the warrantee work. This all started a little over a year ago when I shot a friends CZ Scorpion who had the Omega 9K suppressor and it was so quiet and the Scorpion is a lot of fun to shoot.

The dealer told me today that he had a tax stamp come back in 3 months just yesterday. This one took 11 months and he's still waiting for his and it's been 7 months and counting. Makes no sense how the ATF does this but then again it's the government so nothing they do makes any sense. :crazy:

IMG_2016.jpg

Explorer Bag
IMG_2019.jpg

Well I got something new today. Not quite as fantastic as yours Dave. I got my new range bag. Fits everything I need and made well.
It wasn't cheap but it's a quality bag. The Explorer is a good bag as far as matching up with the quality and padding. It was $25 cheaper as well but it was on sale because it was a navy camo. It had this neat flap (as seen ) that pulls out so you can clean your gun but I needed more clip holders and the OCRA has 10 clip holders. And I like the desert color better.

20200227_191649.jpg

Explorer Range Bag
20200227_182814.jpg

Last edited:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Just found out....we gotta gun show next weekend!!!:rockon:
Already submitted a request with the CFO about a new weapon "for her" and it has been approved! It is a Mossberg Shockwave 590 .410ga. She wouldn't be able to handle the 12 or 20ga version. Hopefully someone will have it at a decent price.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just found out....we gotta gun show next weekend!!!:rockon:
Already submitted a request with the CFO about a new weapon "for her" and it has been approved! It is a Mossberg Shockwave 590 .410ga. She wouldn't be able to handle the 12 or 20ga version. Hopefully someone will have it at a decent price.
I wanted the 12ga but I have a bad wrist so I bought the 20ga and it's a fun shotgun. Got mine about 2 years ago and it was $340.00 but they've come down some since then. They do make a couple of braces for them now in case the birds-head grip is hard to handle. Here's a couple places you can get the .410 if you don't find one next weekend. I've bought from both vendors before and they're great to deal with. Grab A Gun charges $7.99 for shipping and Smokey Mountain is Free shipping.

https://grabagun.com/mossberg-590-shockwave-410-14-3-bl-syn.html

https://www.smga.com/mossberg/590-pgo-410ga-shockwave-with-raptor-gri-2936

Links to SB Tactical Braces. There's 2 different styles:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/590-SBM4-01-SB

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/5904-SBL-01-SB

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just a gun mat for my M&P

20200301_123719.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Went out shooting on Friday and got to try out some of the new stuff. The 5.56 & 9mm suppressors were really nice,with the 5.56 you can get away with just plugs now and it takes away that concussion sound. The Omega 9K is a great lightweight can and you can shoot it without hearing protection but I still plug with that one but I didn't have sub-sonic rounds either. The next can I'm waiting for is a little longer and should lower the db's and be more hearing safe. I wanted the Omega 9K dedicated for my CZ Scorpion because it's smaller and lightweight for home defense use where you don't have a huge can hanging off the end of your barrel. Also most don't think about how loud it really is if you ever had to use your weapon without any hearing protection inside your home. I know it's better to defend yourself if needed but you will blow out your ears and anyone else around you. It cracks me up watching "hollywood" gun fights when they have 5-6 people shooting at each other inside an abandoned building and never do they grab their ears or have a hard time hearing each other. lol

The 1911 Kimber ran flawless after getting it back from the warrantee work. I ran 150 rounds of 124 grn through it without any problems. Makes me feel much better about buying it as their customer service is top notch! :like:

The Ruger MKIV Lite is now my new favorite .22. It's so light it feels like a toy gun especially after shooting the 1911 then grabbing that one. Even with the suppressor the total weight is only 29.3 oz and it's super accurate. Only thing I'm going to do is change out the sights for some fiber optic ones as it comes with black front and rear and it's hard to see. @BDoc Once tax time is done and funds are better you won't be sorry getting this one. Besides the blue one will look sweet with your Ranger! :rockon:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
The Ruger MKIV Lite is now my new favorite .22. It's so light it feels like a toy gun especially after shooting the 1911 then grabbing that one. Even with the suppressor the total weight is only 29.3 oz and it's super accurate. Only thing I'm going to do is change out the sights for some fiber optic ones as it comes with black front and rear and it's hard to see. @BDoc Once tax time is done and funds are better you won't be sorry getting this one. Besides the blue one will look sweet with your Ranger! :rockon:
You're bad influence, Dave (actually, this entire thread is a bad influence :LOL:). I've got a growing list of toys I want now:
Rock Island 1911
Sig P365
Colt King Cobra
Ruger Mk IV

And that doesn't include the stuff for my truck.

Oh yah, and then there's the photography hobby and the gear I still need (want).

Time to prioritize :rolleyes: