FordPass not working

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
No, the 16 year old kid will only make it WORK for a day or two and then it will fall on its face. 16 year old kids may know a ton about computers, but they know very little about high availability, scaleable systems. They are not easy to do and take time, money and experience to do correctly.

I know you were posting in jest, but.....
At least you didn't take a crack at the Canadian company whose devs are (or were anyway) heavily involved in this pretty poor implementation. Ford hired some 400 Blackberry staff a few years back (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lackberry-employees-to-work-on-connected-cars).

Since Android 2.24 rolled out last week, I no longer get to see location or tire inflation data. Reviews of the app are saying the same, so it's not isolated to just my crappy old phone whose contacts can't be synced due to a lack of permissions options. It's also not connectivity, since other functionality remains. And they really should add more convenient bug report/enhancement request methods. I'm not calling some scripted dweeb if I can help it. Guess I'll use the email address they publish. I'm sure it'll work out great.
Sponsored

DsDad

First Name
DsDad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SC Oxford White
I solved the modem issue by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. I think pulling the modem fuse would accomplish the same thing, if you can find it. Sync reset alone won't make the modem work again.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I too lost the location and tire pressure functions.
As a test, I loaded Ford Pass app on my wife' Galaxy S10 last night, signed in as me and while app didn't display image of truck on first screen, it did know location and and tire pressures as well as points, oil life, etc.
I removed and reinstalled app on my S10 phone this morning and now seems to function normally again with location, tire pressures. Ill continue testing other functions today.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
As a test, I loaded Ford Pass app on my wife' Galaxy S10 last night, signed in as me and while app didn't display image of truck on first screen, it did know location and and tire pressures as well as points, oil life, etc.
I removed and reinstalled app on my S10 phone this morning and now seems to function normally again with location, tire pressures. Ill continue testing other functions today.
Yup, that's exactly what happened to me a few days ago.
Called FordPass support, and they had me do essentially what you did.
(Log off, Uninstall the app, Reinstall the app, sign in again w/ email&password)
Poof, everything now works (and it takes a little while for the truck image to show up)
I don't know what went wrong, but good to go now.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yea I will say it again the app is Garbage.
Still does not show my points on the APP.
Still some stuff works and some stuff does not work on the website. Some stuff works on the app and other things don't. If you just use it to start the Truck you probably do not see the problems. Both are clunky too..

Our APP for the Tuscon works flawlessly and was easy to set up and use. Never a issue yet. I expected very little from Hyundai and was very surprised how good the app is.

My Colorado app worked really good and did far more. Every month it emailed me a report on the truck. It even told me how my driving was if I wanted. It could tell me how many hard breaks or hard acceleration I had etc.

The best part about the Chevy app is no flash drive for updates for the truck and leaving the truck running. It would download updates automatically. You would get in the truck and it would ask do you want to update now. Must use On-star or something, maybe the wireless, But it worked.

All I know is the Chevy app worked all the time.

Ford Needs to catch up.

This kind of tech is becoming expected and some people look for it now in a vehicle.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
I solved the modem issue by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. I think pulling the modem fuse would accomplish the same thing, if you can find it. Sync reset alone won't make the modem work again.
The dealer did that for me right after getting the truck. Sync took a dump when trying to connect to my house wi-fi and things got really ugly - constant reboots, wrong screens displaying, etc. I have basic Sync fwiw. A fine solution to an unstable system - make the customer climb under the hood.

I was being stubborn after trying a re-install for the phone contacts issue, but confirmed that clearing data (cache doesn't help) and re-entering login info also worked to restore lost location and tire data. It's still an overall annoying situation. Then there's Ford's funky SSO setup that the web page redirects to, and Lastpass getting confused over the url differences. It's cool with etis.ford.com, but not owner.ford.com. Did I mention how annoying the whole thing is, from app to the lousy javascript problems on the web page? If logged in, I still can't look at the owners manual. Infinite widgeting is popular there. Inspecting the page shows a 404. Dumbasses.

Mine too. The other day, it started, drove off, and came back with a full tank of gas.
How many miles did it put on?

Log out, log in, works great.
I'll be sure to try just that step next time.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer did that for me right after getting the truck. Sync took a dump when trying to connect to my house wi-fi and things got really ugly - constant reboots, wrong screens displaying, etc. I have basic Sync fwiw. A fine solution to an unstable system - make the customer climb under the hood.

I was being stubborn after trying a re-install for the phone contacts issue, but confirmed that clearing data (cache doesn't help) and re-entering login info also worked to restore lost location and tire data. It's still an overall annoying situation. Then there's Ford's funky SSO setup that the web page redirects to, and Lastpass getting confused over the url differences. It's cool with etis.ford.com, but not owner.ford.com. Did I mention how annoying the whole thing is, from app to the lousy javascript problems on the web page? If logged in, I still can't look at the owners manual. Infinite widgeting is popular there. Inspecting the page shows a 404. Dumbasses.

How many miles did it put on?

I'll be sure to try just that step next time.
My phone app works except for location and tire pressure,
I even got a notice of rewards point added for my oil change on the 1st, which is the first time for my phone app to receive a email notification.
The location and psi still not working oh well I have a tire pressure gauge I use
to check psi and I know were I am.
HAAAAAAAA

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My phone app works except for location and tire pressure,
I even got a notice of rewards point added for my oil change on the 1st, which is the first time for my phone app to receive a email notification.
The location and psi still not working oh well I have a tire pressure gauge I use
to check psi and I know were I am.
HAAAAAAAA
That's the problem many of us had in this thread:
And a logoff/uninstall the FordPass app/reinstall the FordPass app/ logon again; and problem seems to be fixed, at least for now.
Did you try that?

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's the problem many of us had in this thread:
And a logoff/uninstall the FordPass app/reinstall the FordPass app/ logon again; and problem seems to be fixed, at least for now.
Did you try that?
I did that and it appeared to be fixed, but has lost my location again. Tire pressures are still displayed though.
I think Ford needs to do something about this too.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Have you tried the website instead to see if it is working there.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass.html

The website is worse than the App..
My truck does not even show up.. When I go to my account it does show my truck but says it has not been updates since December and shows 204 miles.. What a frigged joke. When I try to go anywhere for info on the truck the site spins. I can not even look at the health report.

With my other vehicles I could do everything I could with the app and more on the website.

Whats funny is my points show up on the website and is the only thing that works but have never shown up in the app..

Last edited:

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Have you tried the website instead to see if it is working there.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass.html

The website is worse than the App..
My truck does not even show up.. When I go to my account it does show my truck but says it has not been updates since December and shows 204 miles.. What a frigged joke. When I try to go anywhere for info on the truck the site spins. I can not even look at the health report.

With my other vehicles I could do everything I could with the app and more on the website.

Whats funny is my points show up on the website and is the only thing that works but have never shown up in the app..
Yea, you folks are absolutely correct.
This APP is a POS.
I thought I was good to go with the [logoff/deleteAPP/InstallAPP/Login again}
But NO! Today it doesn't even recognize that my truck exists!
It want's me to register my vehicle!
What Baloney!
Yup, I agree, FORD really needs to hire some website folks that really know what they're doing.
Of course, THAT statement and $2 will get me a cup of coffee.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yea, you folks are absolutely correct.
This APP is a POS.
I thought I was good to go with the [logoff/deleteAPP/InstallAPP/Login again}
But NO! Today it doesn't even recognize that my truck exists!
It want's me to register my vehicle!
What Baloney!
Yup, I agree, FORD really needs to hire some website folks that really know what they're doing.
Of course, THAT statement and $2 will get me a cup of coffee.

I would wait and see. It did that when I went to remote start the truck with the app. It was gone and wanted me to register my truck again. A little later it was back.

With the website it has my truck registered. The pic does not show up and I can not do anything except check my pass points but it is there.. Anything else and I get the spinning circle.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I would wait and see. It did that when I went to remote start the truck with the app. It was gone and wanted me to register my truck again. A little later it was back.

With the website it has my truck registered. The pic does not show up and I can not do anything except check my pass points but it is there.. Anything else and I get the spinning circle.
I understand.
But in this age of the Internet, where everything's connected within seconds of you doing anything online, we all have come to expect things to happen right now, and it be reasonably accurate!
FORD really needs to PERFECT their online offerings, and have them work as advertised, if they're interested in satisfied customers!
Just my opinion, of course.
Sponsored