First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hi all

just wanted to give an update since my prior post #204

Even after being told there was no ETA from Ford magically my part showed up on 2/13 and I picked my truck up on 2/14.

hopefully others parts are not too far behind.
Yes, mine too... after 2 months...part FINALLY arrived and they delivered my truck on 2/14. Hopefully this crazy as issue with FMC’s supply chain is behind everyone!
Sponsored

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
They must mold the connectors one a time as the trucks are being produced...

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting for a letter form Ford stating they have the part available. Luckily I don't have any issues with brake lights!

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Took mine for an oil change since I had the day off and it was due. I had them check the recall with the hopes that mine wouldn't have the issue. Well, so much for that. My truck failed the inspection and is currently awaiting parts. Dealer said it was the first one they had fail. Lucky me. I do appreciate that they took me in the shop to show me what they were looking for. They told me a few days before parts arrive. I hope they're right. I'm in a 2020 Escape in the meantime. They were out of courtesy trucks, naturally.

Side note: I had no known issues with my tail, brake, turn or reverse lights. I go to work at dark o'clock and have been watching for the brake light reflection which was always there.
Got the truck back today. Parts came in Thursday but whatever tool that was supposed to come with them to install did not. Got the call today it was good to go. Dealer did a great job keeping me in the loop and providing a loaner. Not thrilled with a week without my truck but not much I can do about that. Just beyond glad to have it back!

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
RECALL
REAR TAIL LAMPS
NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING# NHTSA Date:NOV 21, 2019 Ford Recall number: 19S43

Recall Description:REAR TAIL LAMPS

Risk to Safety:INTERMITTENT OR INOPERATIVE TAIL LAMPS CAN RESULT IN LOSS OF STOP, TURN, REAR POSITION, AND REVERSE LAMP FUNCTIONS, WHICH REDUCES THE VEHICLES VISIBILITY AND MAY NOT FULLY ALERT OTHER DRIVERS THAT THE VEHICLE IS BRAKING, TURNING, OR REVERSING, INCREASING THE RISK OF CRASH. THE CENTER HIGH-MOUNTED STOP LAMP (CHMSL) WILL CONTINUE TO FUNCTION.

Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE UNDERBODY INLINE CONNECTOR INSPECTED. IF A LOOSE TERMINAL IS IDENTIFIED, THE TERMINALS WILL BE RE-PINNED INTO A REPLACEMENT CONNECTOR. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.

Manufacturer Notes:TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.
Has anyone recieved the part for this repair. It will be 2 months in a couple of days that I have been waiting as my truck sits in the dealer's lot. They are telling me the part is still on oder.

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
are you the one who never even got delivery of the vehicle?
if thats the case, I would think walking away from the sale would be your best interest. have them put you into a truck that you can take from the lot, or find a dealer who can.
I would be pissed at this point.
they're literally holding you hostage and thats BS
No I bought the truck in September. Talk to ford about a buy back (or lemon law) that is a option. I'm not sure I want to go down that road.

SoCalRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Frustrating update here. Per my prior post, I took my truck in back in December, and was initially told it passed inspection but then it failed when they re-inspected it after I asked if they checked whether the tail lights were functioning. Not thrilled with this whole experience. Got the truck back a couple of days later, but then last week the dreaded fast blinker returned. Took the truck in this Tuesday, and got a call from the service manager Tuesday afternoon. He said the recall replacement part had failed, and that Ford has recently "redesigned" the recall replacement part, but none of the redesigned parts are currently available. He said they're expecting one March 13, but admitted that date may slip. So my truck will be there for who knows how long. He did offer a rental. Really surprised at how poorly Ford has managed this whole debacle.

jmoatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
are you the one who never even got delivery of the vehicle?
if thats the case, I would think walking away from the sale would be your best interest. have them put you into a truck that you can take from the lot, or find a dealer who can.
I would be pissed at this point.
they're literally holding you hostage and thats BS
That would be me. Bought it in late November and it's still sitting at the dealer. It's now March and no end in sight. The only thing I'm sure of is that this will be my last Ford vehicle.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
That would be me. Bought it in late November and it's still sitting at the dealer. It's now March and no end in sight. The only thing I'm sure of is that this will be my last Ford vehicle.
If you never took delivery of the vehicle, I think Ford should honor the time you have spent without the truck (to no fault of your own) and extend the warranty for that period. You are also paying for something they won't let you have, I assume. Even more reason to extend the warranty period, regardless of mileage.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner, please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA

This recall is still open on my truck as well--Don't know if this info is elsewhere, in this post, but here it is .

I am avoiding it, till I hear parts are available.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That really sucks. You should walk away from it and find a different truck.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
INCREDIBLE!!! :eek:That anyone, would ignore/treat a "buyer" in such a manner--I am afraid I would not be as patient as you, after this time frame--I would be not only calling EVERYONE, but also the Pope, Tabernacle Choir, and The President of these United States, as well as personally visiting the dealership, with every person I could get, holding signs/picketing the front lot!!!!:mad:
This is in no way, a "reasonable" or "timely manner"!!! Worked for Ford most of my life, and have never heard of such neglect! I am truly, dismayed for you. Can not fathom, your disappointment, at what should have been, a great day/purchase.

jmoatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
INCREDIBLE!!! :eek:That anyone, would ignore/treat a "buyer" in such a manner--I am afraid I would not be as patient as you, after this time frame--I would be not only calling EVERYONE, but also the Pope, Tabernacle Choir, and The President of these United States, as well as personally visiting the dealership, with every person I could get, holding signs/picketing the front lot!!!!:mad:
This is in no way, a "reasonable" or "timely manner"!!! Worked for Ford most of my life, and have never heard of such neglect! I am truly, dismayed for you. Can not fathom, your disappointment, at what should have been, a great day/purchase.
I'm still pretty happy with my dealer. They have done all they can - Making the car payments, gave me a loaner to drive ( even if it is a 2 year old car with a broke radio), and have promised the warranty will be extended for the time the truck has been sitting on their lot. Its Ford that has screwed the pooch on this one. Simply unforgivable how long this has taken.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very glad to hear, there's some "offset" present for you! Hoping this is resolved shortly, and you can enjoy your new truck!!!:clap: Drop a note/update when you get "good news"!!!!

I haven't even gotten, a letter from Ford yet, that there is a recall!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: