Pet Peeves

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I have a Samsung Note 8. I have my Bluetooth on & selected “pair Ford Ranger” and the truck automatically connects every time I get in the truck. I don’t connect the usb.
Sponsored

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
As I've stated, ad nauseam, I absolutely hate the bright white halos under my headlights. They don't fit the look I'm trying to achieve...and apparently there's nothing I can do about it, short of clipping wires (which may be what happens). I just want them to never ever be on, ever.
Lol ohhh yes there is an option for you. Just swap them out for mine. I'll gladly swap out with you.

20190816_155257.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
. . . CarPlay . . .
I've traced many iPhone problems to buying cheap USB/Lightning cables. My Mazda is real picky about what it recognizes. So far, not a problem with the Ranger. I have noticed that the radio keeps playing when I plug in. Sometimes it is necessary to go to the options screen and press Now Playing. Bluetooth CarPlay is still in it's infancy and only offered on a few cars, don't know if I would trust it. Also, Bluetooth eats up battery power. I'd rather plug in and be charging while listening. Overall, I'd say you did not fully explore the Ranger's offerings before buying and may have the wrong truck. If you're not going to drink the Kool Aid, maybe you shouldn't pour yourself a glass.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
If you're not going to drink the Kool Aid, maybe you shouldn't pour yourself a glass.
Kool-aid? Where do we get some?
[rant_mode_on]
My pet peeve is technology in general. It sucks. And I work in IT. The biggest issue is that they push stuff out before its ready and then fix it afterwards. Very little QA involved since that costs money. If it powers up and mostly functions, its out the door. And instead of focusing on perfecting what is already there, the focus is on new features which introduces new bugs. Its a never ending cycle, fix 3 out of 5 bugs, introduce new feature with 5 more bugs and now you have a total of 8. Only fix the biggest bugs, the less annoying ones will go away when people work around them, get used to it or buy the next version.
Why? Because we keep buying it.
[/rant_mode_off]
Sorry, got off topic there, back to our regularly schedule postings.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Oh, and I guess I have another peeve; the CarPlay is sketchy. Sometimes it just never turns on at all, and I can't figure out why. This probably seems petty, but for example, it's happened when I left work, and as I'm driving 30 minutes home, I realize that the CarPlay hadn't 'engaged'. I have an iPhone that's plugged into the USB, so I try unplugging it, shutting off the phone and restarting it...and short of pulling over and shutting off the truck, and hopefully the CarPlay comes on when I restart the truck, it just never activates. It's frustrating that I can't figure out why. Also, it would be nice if CarPlay worked with Bluetooth, rather than having to be tethered to a USB.
I just listen to Pandora using Bluetooth. It works fine.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
. . . My pet peeve is technology . . .
Have you ever owned a BMW product? I ordered a custom Mini Countryman. After watching videos of the Mini (BMW) Connect system working flawlessly, I checked the $500 box to add it. Three years later, the make it work parts and software were still not available. Turned it in without. Also have a Mazda3. Again, promised to retro fit CarPlay in a couple of months. Two-and-a-half years later, they'll add it for only $500 or so. It will, also, be turned in without.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
As I've stated, ad nauseam, I absolutely hate the bright white halos under my headlights. They don't fit the look I'm trying to achieve...and apparently there's nothing I can do about it, short of clipping wires (which may be what happens). I just want them to never ever be on, ever.
I did not know we had white halos under our headlights. I can't see them from the drivers seat and I guess I never drove into a mirror. Hate is a strong word.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I've traced many iPhone problems to buying cheap USB/Lightning cables. My Mazda is real picky about what it recognizes. So far, not a problem with the Ranger. I have noticed that the radio keeps playing when I plug in. Sometimes it is necessary to go to the options screen and press Now Playing. Bluetooth CarPlay is still in it's infancy and only offered on a few cars, don't know if I would trust it. Also, Bluetooth eats up battery power. I'd rather plug in and be charging while listening. Overall, I'd say you did not fully explore the Ranger's offerings before buying and may have the wrong truck. If you're not going to drink the Kool Aid, maybe you shouldn't pour yourself a glass.
Bluetooth doesn't affect my phone at all. I rarely plug in to USB to charge.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Have you ever owned a BMW product?
Nope, never had a BMW but exactly what I'm talking about.
Still love my truck, even with its imperfections and will likely have it 10 years from now too. :like:

Warlockez

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Well after doing a 180mile round trip between yesterday and today, My only real pet peeve has got to be the hvac controls, If that part of the dash was curved out so it was easier to see them, that would be perfect. other than that love mine.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful.
Hi CE,

Sometimes you have to have a thick skin and just keep moving forward. Do not stop posting. Just shake it off. I value you a forum member. I have had my share of the crass crap...I thought about quitting but decided that at this time in life, it is time to give back on my 30+ years of engineering experience at Ford Light Truck Engineering... Feel free to use the ignore button for those that get to you...It will be their loss when you do not contribute to what they may need help etc. Their loss.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Hi CE,

Sometimes you have to have a thick skin and just keep moving forward. Do not stop posting. Just shake it off. I value you a forum member. I have had my share of the crass crap...I thought about quitting but decided that at this time in life, it is time to give back on my 30+ years of engineering experience at Ford Light Truck Engineering... Feel free to use the ignore button for those that get to you...It will be their loss when you do not contribute to what they may need help etc. Their loss.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for your kind words. I have found much valuable advice from your posts since I joined this forum and I thank you for that as well!

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Kool-aid? Where do we get some?
[rant_mode_on]
My pet peeve is technology in general. It sucks. And I work in IT. The biggest issue is that they push stuff out before its ready and then fix it afterwards. Very little QA involved since that costs money. If it powers up and mostly functions, its out the door. And instead of focusing on perfecting what is already there, the focus is on new features which introduces new bugs. Its a never ending cycle, fix 3 out of 5 bugs, introduce new feature with 5 more bugs and now you have a total of 8. Only fix the biggest bugs, the less annoying ones will go away when people work around them, get used to it or buy the next version.
Why? Because we keep buying it.
[/rant_mode_off]
Sorry, got off topic there, back to our regularly schedule postings.
I deal in back end It myself in central Ohio. I would largely agree.
Sponsored