First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
15 mpg for mostly city driving is not bad. You spend a lot of time idling, accelerating, and in low gears. You won't get great mileage.
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
How do you find that information?
Thanks
Recommended tire pressure is on a sticker on driver's side door post. Read your manual for more info.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
How do you find the mpg on the Ranger computer?
Thanks.
Sorry, thought you were asking about tire pressure. On the Lariat, it is on the left side display (you have to scroll down to get to it), but it depends on which level of Ranger you have. Not sure on the others, but you can find where to look under "Information Displays" in your owner's manual. Page 88 in my manual.

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have kept a spreadsheet of my fuel mileage since my vehicle was new (estimated first tank by dealer). To date these are my figures as of the last fill up. (Note I also often fill up when I reach 1/2 tank remaining. I live in FL and this allows me enough fuel to get out of Dodge to my refuge in GA and return without refueling)
Date of purchase: April 2019
I am retired so no work miles.
Total miles driven: 7201 (More city miles than road miles)
Total Gallons used: 312.976
Average Miles per gallon: 23.0081
I reset the Trip 1 screen after each fill up. The MPG displayed on the trucks screen often differs from computed mileage at each fill up but most of the time is fairly close.

Last edited:

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
My avg mpg around town,winter blend,is in the low 19's. When speed racer McGurk drives,( my wife) she's lucky to average 15+. From,"I HATE FORDS" to loving being into the turbo as much as she can in our ranger and now loves Fords. Wimmins....

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Happy with my 22mpg.

Reactions: Doc

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sorry, thought you were asking about tire pressure. On the Lariat, it is on the left side display (you have to scroll down to get to it), but it depends on which level of Ranger you have. Not sure on the others, but you can find where to look under "Information Displays" in your owner's manual. Page 88 in my manual.
Thanks

gnx7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XL 2wd, '93 RX-7 turbo LS9, '69 Chevelle turbo ProTouring
200 miles on the truck so far (reset it when I got it) and averaging 22mpg (mostly freeway with 15% city). Haven't checked the tire pressure yet; however that can improve economy by an easy 10% running them firmer.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
How do you find the mpg on the Ranger computer?
Thanks.
Your Owners Manual in the glove box is the decoder ring. Read It, Learn It, Love It.

MPG... We're really happy with what our Ranger is averaging..

001.JPG

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I did the correction on the computer mpg an my last tank was within a tenth of a mile to my hand calculation. Just wish it was higher...I'm currently getting under 19 combined with 60-70% highway on 87 octane winter blend. I was hoping for 20.

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
I did the correction on the computer mpg an my last tank was within a tenth of a mile to my hand calculation. Just wish it was higher...I'm currently getting under 19 combined with 60-70% highway on 87 octane winter blend. I was hoping for 20.
I'm about where you are at with my 4x4 XLT. Very disappointed. I've got about 3500 miles and a bit over 2 months on the truck. Oddly mileage seems to be getting noteably worse as truck breaks in. Shortly after I picked it up I took a 6 hour highway road trip. Averaged a bit over 25 MPG. I was thrilled. Now I have to drive real nice on the highway to maybe squeak out 20 MPG. Mixed and City is of course worse. I realize the EPA ratings are best case under ideal conditions in a controlled environment. I was expecting to at least be in the ballpark. What I'm pulling is almost 20% off the Ford/EPA rating.

Mach-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My Ranger has never done better than 19 combined city / highway. I got 14 once, but that was under heavy windy terrible conditions.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My Ranger has never done better than 19 combined city / highway. I got 14 once, but that was under heavy windy terrible conditions.
Ford is already in trouble because of their mpg claims. I'm sure it won't go away or get resolved.
Sponsored