waze display on gauge cluster / adjust temp/fan with android auto?

19silversport

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
I have a 2019 lariat and wondering if waze will display on my right gauge cluster (like using the built in Nav)? Also wondering if there is an easy way to adjust the fan/temp with android auto on without having to exit to the main sync screen. Seems like a crappy interface or maybe its me? My wifes 2018 CRV will display waze directions on her gauge cluster and that's a nice feature.

thanks
Sponsored

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
Man i could've swore i saw on a news site that Sync 3.4 allowed waze to show on the right LCD

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What are you guys talking about? I have Waze displayed on my main center monitor all the time via Apple Play while USB connected to my iPhone...o_O

I don't have factory nav so I use Waze...

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Same with my monitor using my Android phone and Waze -- just wish it would work without having to have the cable connected...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
What are you guys talking about? I have Waze displayed on my main center monitor all the time via Apple Play while USB connected to my iPhone...o_O

I don't have factory nav so I use Waze...
Talking about the nav screen next to the speedometer in the lariat. With factory nav it gives nav information, but when using android auto for nav it just shows a compass and I think the speed limit stored in factory nav.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Talking about the nav screen next to the speedometer in the lariat. With factory nav it gives nav information, but when using android auto for nav it just shows a compass and I think the speed limit stored in factory nav.
Will the speed limit display without using Android Auto ?

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
This only works with the iPhone. Does not work with Android.

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
FORscan mod will show the climate on the small screen. I use it to keep infotainment screen off or an Apple CarPlay. Then just use the physical buttons and see what your changing. Sadly the arrow keys on steering wheel dont work to change climate like on other Fords. My screen also shows driving directions with CarPlay but I have the newest Sync 3.4, the dark blue one. It's soooooooooo much better. I had it on my a 202 Mustang I rented and immediately forced my truck to get it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
FORscan mod will show the climate on the small screen. I use it to keep infotainment screen off or an Apple CarPlay. Then just use the physical buttons and see what your changing. Sadly the arrow keys on steering wheel dont work to change climate like on other Fords. My screen also shows driving directions with CarPlay but I have the newest Sync 3.4, the dark blue one. It's soooooooooo much better. I had it on my a 202 Mustang I rented and immediately forced my truck to get it.
Can you show a photo of what that looks like? And also where do you make the change in FORScan?

Thanks
Sponsored