First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, well since insurance is required by law . . . . I'm sure the uninsured wouldn't worry about a cracked windshield...
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, well since insurance is required by law . . . . I'm sure the uninsured wouldn't worry about a cracked windshield...
Well, I guess I meant if you have Comprehensive. I don't think it's free if all you have ins liability Insurance.

OP
OP

Lc4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Honda CRV, Triumph TR8, Dodge D150
Installation of the new OEM Ford windshield
DSC01829.JPG
DSC01829.JPG
completed today. The windshield has a "RANGER" insignia in the bottom middle of the windshield. I don't remeber this on the one that came with the truck? Included 3 pages of ADAS system calibration checks. Tech. explained that the Ford system is a "dynamic" system and the ADAS is calibrated with lasers and a screen in front of the vehicle as opposed to "static" systems on some brands that require dot matrix pads to be layed out beside the vehicle. Tech. said the dynamic systems are less time and labor.I ask if the shop and replaced any other 2019-20 Ford Ranger windshields and he said yes along with "lots " of Tacomas. Irony was that there was a Honda ridgeline in their shop for a windshield replacement from a chip/crack.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to the guy who tinted my Ranger windows and he says there's a Impact film for the outside of the windshields to protect from chips! Gonna look into that wen he has it available.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
$650 for a new windshield? That's all? That's very cheap for a windshield with sensors built in. I know of a couple other people with different cars that had to get it done and both were well into 4 digits.
Try replacing a Range Rover windshield. About $1,200

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Talked to the guy who tinted my Ranger windows and he says there's a Impact film for the outside of the windshields to protect from chips! Gonna look into that wen he has it available.
Please be sure to pass on the details when you get them...

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
comprehension is glass, vandalism ect... and collision are full coverage insurance and unless you bought the vehicle outright all finance companies require it and the deductibles run from zero and up , you choose your deductible amount in most cases. The banks also have a limit on how high your deductible can be.
Call your agent and he or she will help you file a claim.
Good luck man , I am sure all will work out well for you

Last edited:

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installation of the new OEM Ford windshield
DSC01829.JPG
DSC01829.JPG
completed today. The windshield has a "RANGER" insignia in the bottom middle of the windshield. I don't remeber this on the one that came with the truck? Included 3 pages of ADAS system calibration checks. Tech. explained that the Ford system is a "dynamic" system and the ADAS is calibrated with lasers and a screen in front of the vehicle as opposed to "static" systems on some brands that require dot matrix pads to be layed out beside the vehicle. Tech. said the dynamic systems are less time and labor.I ask if the shop and replaced any other 2019-20 Ford Ranger windshields and he said yes along with "lots " of Tacomas. Irony was that there was a Honda ridgeline in their shop for a windshield replacement from a chip/crack.
I just noticed the Ranger on the bottom of my windshield the other day too , I think it is cool that Ford did that.
Glad all is well

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well, I guess I meant if you have Comprehensive. I don't think it's free if all you have ins liability Insurance.
Went back and looked -- I had comprehensive on both the vehicles I referred to --- what I didn't have was Collision.. Sorry for the mixup...

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Well, another Oregonian with a broken windshield. Got hit by a rock the other day. Didnt see the ding but heard it. This afternoon I got in and noticed a nice crack on the right side. I do not have glass insurance but will now. Cost from Safelite is $429 installed. They charge $300 to calibrate the system. Called my Ford dealer and they only charge $150. I think I will go through them.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, another Oregonian with a broken windshield. Got hit by a rock the other day. Didnt see the ding but heard it. This afternoon I got in and noticed a nice crack on the right side. I do not have glass insurance but will now. Cost from Safelite is $429 installed. They charge $300 to calibrate the system. Called my Ford dealer and they only charge $150. I think I will go through them.
Unless you paid cash for your Ranger and did not finance it through a financial institution you may not have full coverage but if bank loaned you the money you have comprehensive which covers glass and also collision the other coverage under full coverage. required by banks. The only thing banks don't require is towing and you can refuse that coverage.
Now you may have a 500 deductible that means you pay for your glass anything up to that deductible and anything past that the insurance pays for.
Maybe all you have is the state requirement which of course is liability only you know that, I am just guessing you did not pay cash, but maybe you did cash out the truck so ect..
If you have insurance your agent will help you if not then you are on your own.

Last edited:

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I have full coverage but kept my deductibles at $1000. I had glass coverage on the vehicle it replaced but for whatever reason did not add it to this one. Mistake on my part and lesson learned.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have full coverage but kept my deductibles at $1000. I had glass coverage on the vehicle it replaced but for whatever reason did not add it to this one. Mistake on my part and lesson learned.
Ya, I understand now, I have thought about having that high deductible too but fearing something would occur that I didn't like ,have ,kept my deductibles low.

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Florida state law says cracked windshields get replaced for free to the owner - no ding on insurance. I think the State pays for it.
Net result is the same - owner doesn’t pay out of pocket - but I believe that Florida law requires insurance companies to pay for windshield replacement without deductible, that is if they have comprehensive or full coverage.
I don’t think the state pays for it...I remember at one point we replaced 2 or 3 windshields in my wife’s car within the same year.

k1w1t1m

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I found out how to spend my tax return. My windscreen was hit by a big rock and has a 2" bullseye in it. $500 deductible but the insurance co. is giving me OEM glass since the truck is nearly new.
Sponsored