Best Price Dealerships

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
Thought I would start a new thread on dealers that have given folks unbelievable prices. I know that @Andy and me got great deals from the same dealership. What other dealers are offering unbeatable deals?

Glenn Polk Ford in Gainesville, TX - (940) 305-6148
Salesperson - BJ Banks - (940) 284-9253
Strong Points - unbeatable price and $0 down to order

They pretty much got me A Plan pricing and another person really close to it. :like:
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Thought I would start a new thread on dealers that have given folks unbelievable prices. I know that @Andy and me got great deals from the same dealership. What other dealers are offering unbeatable deals?

They pretty much got me A Plan pricing and another person really close to it. :like:
Just like he said. My price was cheaper than x-plan and a student discount combined. Very impressed with Glenn Polk Ford.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Thanks for sharing, If I wasn't in Hawaii thats where I would be inquiring at.

OP
OP
LoneStarFlatLanders

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would I be able to order online or over the phone?
Depends upon the dealer. We went in when we accepted their bid just so we could shake hands. Everything else has been done via email, including signatures.

mgh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew RWD, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel, 1964 1/2 Mustang Pace Car, 1998 Mazda B2500

I live in the DFW area as well and may check out Glenn Polk Ford too. How much did you figure for holdback and dealer advertising fee to estimate how much the A plan pricing would be?

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
LoneStarFlatLanders

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in the DFW area as well and may check out Glenn Polk Ford too. How much did you figure for holdback and dealer advertising fee to estimate how much the A plan pricing would be?

Thanks,
Mike
They showed me their preview order screen on the Ford system which displays the A/Z, D, and X Plan pricing.

The MSRP of my truck was $46,120.
  • A/Z Plan pricing is $42,472.40
  • D Plan pricing is $42,573.40
  • X Plan pricing is $44,210.95
When I looked over all of the bids I received from around 23 dealerships, many of them quoted the X Plan pricing as their best deal. So my advice is work until you beat it. There are dealers out there willing to negotiates on this truck.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
There are also a couple of factors other than price to consider such as the reputation of the dealer, both in sales negotiations and repair work (i.e. do they have a reputation for screwing their customers), and the distance to the dealer for repair/maintenance work if you live in a rural area. Any Ford dealer should work on it, but the one selling it may have a little more incentive to work with you and go the extra mile if necessary. I lost faith in our local GMC/Chevy dealer because they seem to always try to sell you extra services such as fuel line cleaner or oil additives when you go in for a simple oil change. Having a reliable local dealer might be preferred over saving a couple hundred dollars. Our small town local Ford dealer has an excellent reputation for sales and service.

OP
OP
LoneStarFlatLanders

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are also a couple of factors other than price to consider such as the reputation of the dealer, both in sales negotiations and repair work (i.e. do they have a reputation for screwing their customers), and the distance to the dealer for repair/maintenance work if you live in a rural area. Any Ford dealer should work on it, but the one selling it may have a little more incentive to work with you and go the extra mile if necessary. I lost faith in our local GMC/Chevy dealer because they seem to always try to sell you extra services such as fuel line cleaner or oil additives when you go in for a simple oil change. Having a reliable local dealer might be preferred over saving a couple hundred dollars. Our small town local Ford dealer has an excellent reputation for sales and service.
This has not been my experience with my BMWs (maybe it will be for a Ford). I rarely buy at a local dealership but always have them perform warranty service at my local dealer. They have gone to bat for me many times because the real money made at a dealership is the the service department. It typically pays for the loss or barely break-even that most dealerships have in sales.

I will never take my truck back to my purchasing dealer because they are too far away. I have 2 Ford dealers within 15 minutes of my office (opposite directions). I'll use one or the other for needed repairs.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
This has not been my experience with my BMWs (maybe it will be for a Ford). I rarely buy at a local dealership but always have them perform warranty service at my local dealer. They have gone to bat for me many times because the real money made at a dealership is the the service department. It typically pays for the loss or barely break-even that most dealerships have in sales.

I will never take my truck back to my purchasing dealer because they are too far away. I have 2 Ford dealers within 15 minutes of my office (opposite directions). I'll use one or the other for needed repairs.
Good points. I'm glad you've had good luck with this, and I imagine most people won't, but I know of people who have had issues, particularly if they have a nagging problem that the shop can't seem to fix. If you've had experience with the local dealer, you probably know how well they will work with you. I had this issue several years ago with another brand of car. The dealer said "I'm not going to borrow a problem from another dealer on a car I didn't sell". My point was that in a rural area, there won't be two dealers within 15 minutes. No matter which way I would go, the next closest dealer is 45 minutes and that can be a problem if you have to leave the car and they may not do loaners. For other folks, they could be talking an hour or two to the next dealer. And, frankly, there is an argument to be made for keeping money locally (up to a point, depending on how good of a deal you get elsewhere:)).

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels, TX. MSRP for mine was $39085. I ordered mine for $37995. Plus there will be $750 bonus from Ford. I’m not sure if I could have haggled for a lower price, but it was my lowest quote in the San Antonio-NB-Austin area.

edit: the dealership did require a $500 deposit
bbmotors.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
LoneStarFlatLanders

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels, TX. MSRP for mine was $39085. I ordered mine for $37995. Plus there will be $750 bonus from Ford. I’m not sure if I could have haggled for a lower price, but it was my lowest quote in the San Antonio-NB-Austin area.
Awesome! Congratulations. Will you be coming up to the Fort Worth drive event this weekend? I'll be there Sunday.

Mires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I just requested pricing from Glenn Polk. I live in Missouri but am originally from around Fort Worth. If they can get me a good enough price, I'll make the trip down there. Would just hate to get there and get screwed on my trade lol.

mgh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew RWD, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel, 1964 1/2 Mustang Pace Car, 1998 Mazda B2500

Did you send your letter to the dealerships by email or regular mail? I'm trying to find email addresses for dealerships but I am not having much luck finding them on their websites.
Sponsored