Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely will not sit here and read this negativity from Tex and a MOD. :lipssealed: All in good fun, :sunglasses:
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely will not sit here and read this negativity from Tex and a MOD. :lipssealed: All in good fun, :sunglasses:
Probably from the Plant to the mixing yard in Flat Rock Mi....from there it might have to age like a fine wine. Hope it is delivered ASAP to you!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
thanks Phil, i'll just drink the grape juice if that makes it faster! :beer:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Probably from the Plant to the mixing yard in Flat Rock Mi....from there it might have to age like a fine wine. Hope it is delivered ASAP to you!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
In the many times I pestered my dealer about my truck's location, the name "Woodhaven" came up.
Pardon my ignorance Phil, what is a "mixing yard"?

Attachments

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In the many times I pestered my dealer about my truck's location, the name "Woodhaven" came up.
Pardon my ignorance Phil, what is a "mixing yard"?
Hi MoKume,

Woodhaven was correct...Flat Rock is the next door town... We downriver rats us them interchangeably but but you are correct...the mixing yard is in Woodhaven.... It is just West of I75 and is a Ginormous yard with vehicles mostly chock a block filled to the gills...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi MoKume,

Woodhaven was correct...Flat Rock is the next door town... We downriver rats us them interchangeably but but you are correct...the mixing yard is in Woodhaven.... It is just West of I75 and is a Ginormous yard with vehicles mostly chock a block filled to the gills...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Phil,
But I'm aghast...did my truck have to mingle with such riff-raff from GM (Flint & Lansing assy.) or, worse yet FCA (Sterling Hts., Jefferson North, etc) while @ Woodhaven?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Thanks Phil,
But I'm aghast...did my truck have to mingle with such riff-raff from GM (Flint & Lansing assy.) or, worse yet FCA (Sterling Hts., Jefferson North, etc) while @ Woodhaven?
Good god! I sure hope not but if they do, then these young Rangers may need psychological counseling.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Good god! I sure hope not but if they do, then these young Rangers may need psychological counseling.
A good friend of mine owned a Ford dealership until he retired, and I used to go with him to Ford dealer meetings when my schedule permitted. What blew my mind the most were some of the ones we went to in Detroit--right there in Renaissance Center where GM Headquarters is located. During breaks we would step out onto the mezzanine and look at all the famous cars from General Motors. Oh, and when we registered at the meetings, we had to sign that we wouldn't divulge what we saw and heard there!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A good friend of mine owned a Ford dealership until he retired, and I used to go with him to Ford dealer meetings when my schedule permitted. What blew my mind the most were some of the ones we went to in Detroit--right there in Renaissance Center where GM Headquarters is located. During breaks we would step out onto the mezzanine and look at all the famous cars from General Motors. Oh, and when we registered at the meetings, we had to sign that we wouldn't divulge what we saw and heard there!
If I am not mistaken, my 2020 is the first Ford I've owned that was assembled in Michigan, the previous 3 new trucks came either from the Twin Cities plant in MN or St. Louis, MO.
My first new car, a '79 Mercury Capri was assembled in San Jose, CA.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If I am not mistaken, my 2020 is the first Ford I've owned that was assembled in Michigan, the previous 3 new trucks came either from the Twin Cities plant in MN or St. Louis, MO.
I think it is kind of cool that both of our vehicles were assembled at MAP - Our C-Max was assembled there before they shut down to re-tool for the Ranger. They both have the same MAP sticker on them and both have been GREAT vehicles. The C-Max is now almost 4 years old and it has been at the dealer once for some sensor that went out. Other than normal maintenance, we've done nothing to it. Ranger is at 10 months now, and I took it in for a mirror light that leaked and I will need to take it in for the recall (although I highly doubt it will be affected) - but otherwise no issues at all. I couldn't be happier with both vehicles.

I think my prior Rangers were built in Twin Cities if I'm not mistaken.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I think it is kind of cool that both of our vehicles were assembled at MAP - Our C-Max was assembled there before they shut down to re-tool for the Ranger. They both have the same MAP sticker on them and both have been GREAT vehicles. The C-Max is now almost 4 years old and it has been at the dealer once for some sensor that went out. Other than normal maintenance, we've done nothing to it. Ranger is at 10 months now, and I took it in for a mirror light that leaked and I will need to take it in for the recall (although I highly doubt it will be affected) - but otherwise no issues at all. I couldn't be happier with both vehicles.

I think my prior Rangers were built in Twin Cities if I'm not mistaken.
Similar experience with my 2015 Fusion Hybrid (71,000 miles). Only problem so far was swelled lug nuts that had to be replaced. Hoping my experience with the new Ranger is similar.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
My truck was assembled at the Michigan Truck Plant.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My truck was assembled at the Michigan Truck Plant.
MAP (Michigan Assembly Plant) is where all Rangers are built as of now. There is no other plant that produces them. If sales start taking off, that might change I suppose. MAP will produce the new Bronco as well.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MAP (Michigan Assembly Plant) is where all Rangers are built as of now. There is no other plant that produces them. If sales start taking off, that might change I suppose. MAP will produce the new Bronco as well.
I did some research on Michigan Assembly, the plant opened in 1957 and is located in Wayne, MI.
Wish Ford offered public tours of this location, I would of hopped on a jet to Detroit pronto last Nov. when my truck was built (and probably frozen my butt)...lol

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
WOOHOOO!
I'm in Order Processing
Expected build week is April 6th (My birthday is April 6th)
Delivery the last week of April.
Last 5 of my vin is 42251
2020-02-21_10-46-15.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: