Good deal?

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I sent emails to several local dealerships. I was surprised at the poor quality of some of the responses, not to mention, the complete lack of response from some.

I requested an out the door price for:

Super Crew 4X2 Lariat
Oxford White
501A package
Spray in bedliner
Hard folding cover
Locking rear axel
Tray style mats

The build net cost is $39,320

The out the door price I was quoted was $40,750. No deposit required

I thought that price was good. What do you folks think?
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I sent emails to several local dealerships. I was surprised at the poor quality of some of the responses, not to mention, the complete lack of response from some.

I requested an out the door price for:

Super Crew 4X2 Lariat
Oxford White
501A package
Spray in bedliner
Hard folding cover
Locking rear axel
Tray style mats

The build net cost is $39,320

The out the door price I was quoted was $40,750. No deposit required

I thought that price was good. What do you folks think?
That is a $1430 markup above MSRP. Invoice is $37,580. The out the door price should be within a few hundred of invoice unless there are added fees in your state which are included in the sale price. If that is the case, then maybe it is a good price.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
That is a $1430 markup above MSRP. Invoice is $37,580. The out the door price should be within a few hundred of invoice unless there are added fees in your state which are included in the sale price. If that is the case, then maybe it is a good price.
Can we calculate the Invoice price somehow online or is that a secret price only dealers have access to. Thanks!

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
There is a 9.5% sales tax and a licensing fee which brought the total to $45,200

Last edited:

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Can we calculate the Invoice price somehow online or is that a secret price only dealers have access to. Thanks!
You can go to Edmunds.com and build your truck and it shows MSRP and Invoice. Finding the Build It icon is difficult, however; it's a poorly designed website. Just choose Ford, Ranger, 2019, and you'll finally get to it.

Last edited:

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There is a 9.5% sales tax and a licensing fee which cane to $45,200
In that case, it sounds like a very good deal!

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
There is a 9.5% sales tax and a licensing fee which brought the total to $45,200
That seems like you're being taken advantage of. The price and build on Ford.com provides the MSRP (list price) that includes the destination fee. You'll have to add state sales tax, titling and registration at a minimum (referred to as triple T or "plus tax, title and tag"). Many dealers will also try to add on a dealer fee, license processing fee, or some other fee with maybe an obscure name, ranging from $249 to as much as $999. Those are nothing but adders to give the dealer more profit.

Personally, I'd continue to shop around. Maybe try the Costco site if you are a member, or join the Mustang Owners of America club and use that membership to get X-Plan pricing.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
9.5% sales tax would raise the amount to $43,055, so how much is the licensing fee, around $2000 or is the dealer throwing some other fees in there like Pinecrestjim mentioned? I'd try to get a quote separated from the tax and licensing to see what you are really paying for the truck. Rolling them together kind of muddies the picture. Everyone has to pay taxes and license eventually, but that would be a set amount based on what you pay and type of vehicle. In Mo. we have to pay sales tax and licensing, but it is after the fact when you go to the license office to transfer your plates, thus it isn't included in the sales contract.

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
People are getting deals all over the board on here. I got close to A Plan pricing so I would make that your target if at all possible. Otherwise if you are happy with your deal, take it and don't look back. Someone somewhere is always going to get a better deal. That's the nature of buying cars.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I got my Ford Fiesta brand new from Bozard Ford in St Augustine, FL for $16k, the sticker was $23k. I know they generally do invoice plus discounts there, but they are volume heavy so it's all about how many units cross the curb.
Sponsored