Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to replacing my Fox 2.0 coilovers for some Icon 2.5 coilovers!
20200209_181929.jpg
How do you change the oil filter?

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
How do you change the oil filter?
The picture I posted is the passenger side, on the driver side the reservoir is bolted on the opposite side of where the filter is located so it wont be getting in the way at all!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet. I probably won't buy a holster mount for the truck. Anyone can see in and see a gun mount and may want to look further. I will either holster it or carry in my center console.

Here in SC you don't need a CCW or any permit to carry a loaded pistol in the console or glove box. If you holster it to leave the truck A CCW is needed. Just looked at your post again...I do like the idea of a small mag mount Thanks.

Only 4 hours of instructions but informative. Didn't have to take the actual shooting tests because....Veteran!! NOw I have to go to Identgo for the rest of the process. Looking to purchase this for carry:

screenshot-www.smith-wesson.com-.png
That's one of my pistols. I love it!

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a lock installed below it
I see the point though for a second one
Interesting, I didn’t see that one below. Is that optional or what? I have a pivot box but not that kind of lock.

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I didn’t see that one below. Is that optional or what? I have a pivot box but not that kind of lock.
It came with it from the ford accessory box i ordered from dealer, it’s the same key to use it that locks the top of the box , allows for a full pivot outwards i can open it without touching the tonneau cover which is pretty sweet

HighCaliberMitch

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLTSC FX4/Sport
I jacked the truck up onto stands, removed the wheels, assembled the RC2.5 level spacers, disassembled the suspension assembly, removed the strut, added the spacer, couldn't get the strut back in, popped the sway bar tie rod joint off, then the CV joint fell out (boot was intact), grabbed my neighbor, reinserted the CV, reinserted the tie rod, removed the spacer, reinstalled the strut, retorqued everything, put the wheels back on, retorqued the lugs, cleaned up, did a test drive, and everything is as it should be.

What I didn't do was level my truck because getting the pins out of the strut bottom was impossible, so the strut wouldn't fit with the spacer.

I did learn about all the parts, about EPAS, I learned how to reattach the CV, and I learned to reattach the sway bar tie rod joint (use a clamp).

I also learned that auto mechanics are worth their price.

Anyone know what an estimate on having the truck levelled and aligned will cost?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I jacked the truck up onto stands, removed the wheels, assembled the RC2.5 level spacers, disassembled the suspension assembly, removed the strut, added the spacer, couldn't get the strut back in, popped the sway bar tie rod joint off, then the CV joint fell out (boot was intact), grabbed my neighbor, reinserted the CV, reinserted the tie rod, removed the spacer, reinstalled the strut, retorqued everything, put the wheels back on, retorqued the lugs, cleaned up, did a test drive, and everything is as it should be.

What I didn't do was level my truck because getting the pins out of the strut bottom was impossible, so the strut wouldn't fit with the spacer.

I did learn about all the parts, about EPAS, I learned how to reattach the CV, and I learned to reattach the sway bar tie rod joint (use a clamp).

I also learned that auto mechanics are worth their price.

Anyone know what an estimate on having the truck levelled and aligned will cost?
I have the same RC 2.5" kit and I paid $273.00 for the install and the alignment. I think the alignment was around $67.00 and the rest was the install and tax. I had it done at a local Brakes Plus shop where a few others I know with Jeeps had work done to theirs. No way was I attempting this as I don't have all the tools or help anymore. Hope you get it installed as it makes a big difference in looks and the ride.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
It came with it from the ford accessory box i ordered from dealer, it’s the same key to use it that locks the top of the box , allows for a full pivot outwards i can open it without touching the tonneau cover which is pretty sweet
Bummer, I didn't get one in the box I ordered from Ford :>(

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Chased up a matching alloy rim second hand locally, lots of people swap out the standard rims and so almost new ones are plentiful and cheap on the used market. Got a new tyre mounted and now I have a matching spare instead of the cheap arse steel one Ford hid under the back.
Also replaced my pretty ordinary halogen headlamp globes with some extra bright Philips ones. Maybe I'll have a reasonable chance of seeing stray wildlife now before hitting it. (We live in a rural area)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Finally got my vision back with reading glasses to make an attempt to install the vinyl white letters on the front grill of my Ranger... Not perfect, but when I showed my darling little wifelet, she thought they looked great! Still searching for similar to the eyecatcher.com tailgate plastic lettering for the front grill, but these will have to do for now!

noseletters.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

Finally got my vision back with reading glasses to make an attempt to install the vinyl white letters on the front grill of my Ranger... Not perfect, but when I showed my darling little wifelet, she thought they looked great! Still searching for similar to the eyecatcher.com tailgate plastic lettering for the front grill, but these will have to do for now!

noseletters.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

Were these the ones you're looking for? Someone else posted theirs a while back with the white ABS front grille lettering and I saved the link.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32988887892.html

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone come up with a lead on chrome letters for the dash?
THAT'S exactly what I am looking for. I have the chrome grill inserts. don't care for them. Got them from AliExpress. Chrome on chrome doesn't work for me.

c zc.jpg

Send me a PM with address and I will send them to you. I have two sets. First, come first gone. I will pay for shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited: