Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

• Total voters

UK_Ranger

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Wildtrack 3.2
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. I'm booked in for Monday, didn't have any options on quality... Just black or coloured.

Crazy that there's only one place in the UK that does linex, as far as I could find anyway
Sponsored

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I the factory spray-in liner. I don't haul anything rough, so it will probably work well for me.

LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
Had dealer put in Line-X Premium (middle level; has UV protection additive) spray in liner when I bought it. Part of total deal, and got it at their price ($600) versus "list" $899. Very happy with it; good quality, and clean; removed tie down hooks before spraying and then reinstalled.

UK_Ranger

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Wildtrack 3.2
Vehicle Showcase
Had my line-x done, really happy with it!! Took them almost 6 hours

7944c051-9614-4289-ae98-62659808ca88.jpg
5fa5ca15-2cd6-41c7-a192-d8b61479f8fc.jpg
20e4e786-82e6-4026-887d-50a5cfac65b9.jpg
750ee8a8-ac65-42be-9898-42adb4bf9ab6.jpg
eb8cee1d-1bfa-4032-941d-be7ee442612f.jpg

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
I got lazy and did not read all 11 pages. My Lariat came with a spray in liner, but no charge was listed. I've noticed that the Ford factory spray ins have the Ford oval logo on the front wall and the Linex has a logo on the side wall. Mine has no identifying labeling anywhere. I'm wondering what I got.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
You got the factory spray in. It is similar to the Line-X, just thinner and less durable. It also has only a 3yr/36k mile warranty.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
You got the factory spray in. It is similar to the Line-X, just thinner and less durable. It also has only a 3yr/36k mile warranty.
No Ford logo, no charge on the window sticker. Still not sure. :frown:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
No Ford logo, no charge on the window sticker. Still not sure. :frown:
Sorry...I misread the post. :headbang:

My Line-X has a tag applied to the side of the bed, not a logo that was sprayed over. I like the spray over's instead of the tag. Wish my sprayer had done it that way.

Does the dealer know what you have?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I got lazy and did not read all 11 pages. My Lariat came with a spray in liner, but no charge was listed. I've noticed that the Ford factory spray ins have the Ford oval logo on the front wall and the Linex has a logo on the side wall. Mine has no identifying labeling anywhere. I'm wondering what I got.
Most likely your liner was done at your local level, which, if they prepped the bed surface properly should pose no adhesion problems in the future.
I had originally specified the factory applied liner on my special ordered 2020 Lariat, but had the dealer cancel it after I saw a video in which the liner material could be peeled away from the bed as in someone peeling a banana.
Ford does not prep the surface properly before applying the liner material.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely your liner was done at your local level, which, if they prepped the bed surface properly should pose no adhesion problems in the future.
I had originally specified the factory applied liner on my special ordered 2020 Lariat, but had the dealer cancel it after I saw a video in which the liner material could be peeled away from the bed as in someone peeling a banana.
Ford does not prep the surface properly before applying the liner material.

I ordered my truck but I didn't get the factory liner because I think most after market installers do a better job of prepping the bed before they spray. Only thing I would have liked to have was the Logo that the factory liner gets. I read somewhere that Ford put a stop to a Linex dealer that was putting a Ford logo under his spray in.
I used a local after marked dealer that I have dealt with for many years over several past vehicles. I have gotten window tints on 6 different vehicles and bed covers and liners. My point is that I think the spray ins like Linex and Rhino are all good . The most important thing then becomes the quality of installation. Using an installer that you trust and have seen his work is the most important thing. My installer used Xtreme brand. He said it is owned by Linex. It has no logos or labels, which if it couldn't be a Ford logo I am good with. I looked around to see if I could buy the Ford Logo but couldn't find a part number for it. To be honest it really does not matter. I have a bed cover and it doesn't show anyway. If your liner looks good to you then your all good. Probably better off than with factory.

Ranger early mods (2).jpg

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
My truck has the Ford logo. How do they put this into the liner?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My guess that it is a plastic stick on piece that they just spray over. I've seen similar on other trucks.
I believe that is what it is....
Sponsored