Couple Questions for Lariat Owners

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
I am just about to pull the trigger on a Lariat Supercab
Really excited.First new vehicle I ever ordered from the factory..

My question(s)...
Do the doors auto lock when you walk away from the truck with the key fob in your pocket or do I still have to manually lock my doors when I leave my truck?
How far away do you have to be?
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired

My question(s)...
Do the doors auto lock when you walk away from the truck with the key fob in your pocket or do I still have to manually lock my doors when I leave my truck?
You have to lock it, either with the fob or by touching the little depression on the door handle.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I find it very convenient to just touch the depression in the door handle to lock it after I get out. I rarely remove the fob from my pocket except to use it to remote start it when it is cold out.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

My question(s)...

You can also use the FordPass app to lock/unlock your truck from any distance. There's been a few times where we go into a restaurant and I second guessed myself if I locked the truck or not so the app is great for that too. It will also confirm with a green check mark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
OK Thanks guys.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can also use the FordPass app to lock/unlock your truck from any distance. There's been a few times where we go into a restaurant and I second guessed myself if I locked the truck or not so the app is great for that too. It will also confirm with a green check mark.
Hi Dave,

This feature is for us old farts that cannot remember if we locked the Ranger on not...you are much too young for using this feature, eh?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,

This feature is for us old farts that cannot remember if we locked the Ranger on not...you are much too young for using this feature, eh?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
With all the porch thefts going on, amazon and Ford have teamed up to put packaged in the truck and you can lock it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

You're correct but once in a while I get a case of CRS....Can't Remember Sh*#. :headbang:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I was disappointed when I found the truck doesn’t auto lock. My 10-year-old Mazda does so I figured the Ranger would too but I was wrong!

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
It is a great feature. Also really nice Ford included an amber light on each internal door lock button so you can visually identify that the truck is locked. I wish the tailgate had the sensors needed for locking and unlocking. That is the only time I have to pull the key fob out of my pocket.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
With the fob in your pocket sometimes the other stuff in your pocket will push the buttons. I have had the alarm go off and doors unlock while i am in the house. I am still looking for a cover of some sort so accidental button application dont happen.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
With the fob in your pocket sometimes the other stuff in your pocket will push the buttons. I have had the alarm go off and doors unlock while i am in the house. I am still looking for a cover of some sort so accidental button application dont happen.
That’s definitely a problem with Ford key fobs. I’ve had all the windows to open without me consciously doing anything.

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the truck is running it will auto lock when you walk away. It will also honk at you to confirm it's locked. You may get a few odd looks at the gas station but it's a nice feature.
Planning to kill the double honk with FORScan

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It is a great feature. Also really nice Ford included an amber light on each internal door lock button so you can visually identify that the truck is locked. I wish the tailgate had the sensors needed for locking and unlocking. That is the only time I have to pull the key fob out of my pocket.
If you unlock the doors by touching them, the tailgate will also unlock.
Sponsored