MAGNETIC Ranger Club Thread

Dropper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, F350 soon to be ranger owner
went to pick mine up today. Purchased last night in the dark but it was up for brake light recall so couldnt drive it home. they did the inspection today a s went back to get it and this... bummed but its on the due bill. Maybe i missed it last night in the dark. Maybe the service guys rubbed it up against something doing the brake light inspection. It was transported from another dealer. I got a screamin deal on it 9800 off MSRP and this was the only Crewcab XLT FX4 Magnetic 302A Tow package truck in So Cal with the 17" wheels on it and this dealer went and got it for me. Its a bad ass truck. If this was in a door or body i would have not taken delivery but a bumper easy enough to fix and probably never notice it again.

20191214_155824.jpg

20191214_155827.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
went to pick mine up today. Purchased last night in the dark but it was up for brake light recall so couldnt drive it home. they did the inspection today a s went back to get it and this... bummed but its on the due bill. Maybe i missed it last night in the dark. Maybe the service guys rubbed it up against something doing the brake light inspection. It was transported from another dealer. I got a screamin deal on it 9800 off MSRP and this was the only Crewcab XLT FX4 Magnetic 302A Tow package truck in So Cal with the 17" wheels on it and this dealer went and got it for me. Its a bad ass truck. If this was in a door or body i would have not taken delivery but a bumper easy enough to fix and probably never notice it again.

20191214_155824.jpg

20191214_155827.jpg
Hi Dropper,

Sad...Shipping damage was always a problem as the vehicle shippers, rail, Haulaway truck or both was always problematic. The folks that load the trucks do not care a fig about treating the trucks as precious cargo... I used to see trucks on the rail cars that had shot gun blast damage from hunters or such just because they could. Others damaged by dropping rocks off an overpass onto the train traveling below. Now it is much better for rail as the cars are enclosed, but haulaway trucks are far behind.

Hope they can remedy this ASAP for you so you can take delivery of the truck

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have the same truck, xl 4x4, only mine came with the tow package and chrome bumpers. So far I have tinted the windows and just procured the leveling kit. Your truck looks great!
Thanks. I did the windows the day after I got it. The lift kit took a bit to get an appointment with Ford.
Post some pictures.

Dropper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, F350 soon to be ranger owner
Hi Dropper,

Sad...Shipping damage was always a problem as the vehicle shippers, rail, Haulaway truck or both was always problematic. The folks that load the trucks do not care a fig about treating the trucks as precious cargo... I used to see trucks on the rail cars that had shot gun blast damage from hunters or such just because they could. Others damaged by dropping rocks off an overpass onto the train traveling below. Now it is much better for rail as the cars are enclosed, but haulaway trucks are far behind.

Hope they can remedy this ASAP for you so you can take delivery of the truck

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.

I actually took it home. Its gonna get fixed right after xmas and Im gonna ask for a full detail. Least they could do.

Striker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab 4x4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My truck's the twin of yours. So how's the ride now? Speedo diff? What's so better than the Duelers? And how's viability with those Ventvisors?
It does look good. I bet you were debating white letters out.
Ride is better. Tires are 115 load compared to 112 load of the stocks so not as floaty. Traction is much better because these are a true all terrain where the Bridgestones are really a fuel efficient highway tire. The Daystar spacers just install on top of the strut but the front end is much less floaty over bumps due to the cg change (not as good as coilovers or the Eibach kit but definitely better). The ventvisors don't have any impact on visibility...They're above the sight line.

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Wish I could join this club... Magnetic is my favorite I regret getting black.

:)

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could join this club... Magnetic is my favorite I regret getting black.

:)
As Martha Stuart always said "its a beautiful thing"
You still got the best mid sized truck out there so go with it. Enjoy!

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Just had a bath. Had the truck since September, and didn't see but one other magnetic with sport package when shopping around. Almost settled for a lightning blue with sport package. Glad it didn't as the magnetic is a very nice color. Loving the truck so far. Minimum mods at this point.

IMG_20200125_123020.jpg

LRB45

First Name
LONNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
Well waited almost 3 weeks from signing to finally picking it up so here it is in all its glory. Wavered back and forth for a long time between a Lariat and XLT but the 2019 incentives on an XLT were too convincing in the end. With the savings from the incentives I was able to put a lift, spray in liner, katzkins and sidesteps and still be only 1k more than a factory lariat would have cost me. And that is with the 302A, towing, sport & FX4 package

Ended up going with a BDS 6" lift, fox shocks, UCA kit, Intrusion beams and the rear shackles. I know I looked at over 1,000 wheels before settling on Fuel Anza bronze with Falken Wildpeak A/T 35x12.50.

All in all I think it turned out pretty good.

20200126_144248.jpg

20200126_144336.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: