John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve heard people and reviewer say that you could get a full size truck for a few grand more. So I just went to Ford and built a F150 that is equipped as close to my Ranger - the cost was $46,375 vs $35,850 for my Ranger I must say I was shocked. My Ranger is an 4X2 XLT, 302A, Tow package, locking rear differential.

Makes me feel even better about the value of my Ranger especially with the incentives.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’ve heard people and reviewer say that you could get a full size truck for a few grand more. So I just went to Ford and built a F150 that is equipped as close to my Ranger - the cost was $46,375 vs $35,850 for my Ranger I must say I was shocked. My Ranger is an 4X2 XLT, 302A, Tow package, locking rear differential.

Makes me feel even better about the value of my Ranger especially with the incentives.
I never priced one out because I didn't really care,I don't need or want a full size truck anymore. Even if my Ranger was more I would still buy it as it fits my needs much better than a F150. I can be pretty "thrifty" with certain items but I certainly don't want to drive a larger truck even if it cost less than the Ranger. Knowing the Ranger is less just makes it that much better. :)

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I never even considered a full size truck. But when I bought mine in late November the 150 had even bigger discounts than the Ranger so the prices would have been close to the same.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
BTDT with a full size pickup (F250 Super Duty) and never came close to using its full capability, but was reminded of its size every time I drove it.

Midsize is rightsize for me and my needs, regardless of price differential.

That said, I still have a "fullsize" 1990 Bronco.

While the Bronco seems cavernous inside compared to the Ranger, especially width, it's not that much bigger outside.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Since there are so many more packages and options on the F150 it makes it really hard to draw a good comparison. I found that if you wanted things like adaptive cruise on an F150 you were looking at a very high level package and the cost increase was substantially above the Ranger. I had no interest in a full size since I wanted to have it in my garage and still be able to get around it with the doors closed.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
MSRP is $7k more for the F-150, assuming the base engine, and getting Supercab instead of the Crew Cab I got on my Ranger. Looks like Crew Cab would add another $4k.

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only did this for sh$t’s and giggles as once I drove the F150 I knew a full size was not for me so I was curious.

understand about the packages but I wanted specific things on my truck. Heated seats, Co-, remote start, car play, towing and locking rear (got a 4x2) so that is how I priced the F150.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I went from a 2007 F150 Lariat to my 2020 Ranger Lariat. I did price out the same options as my old F150 and for the new ranger and F series, There was about $12-14K difference.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Mine was 10K more even on X-Plan for the features I wanted on my Ranger to be on the F-150. And even if I wanted to spend the 10K more, the F-150 wouldn't fit in my driveway, the Ranger is the perfect size for what I need!

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are only two things that I wish were available on the Ranger: Heated steering wheel and cooled seats.
I would love a heated steering wheel and cooled seats. I wish I never had the rental mustang that had those seats then I wouldn't know what I was missing

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I would love a heated steering wheel and cooled seats. I wish I never had the rental mustang that had those seats then I wouldn't know what I was missing
Our Explorer Platinum has those two features and they're really nice. I live in a part of Georgia that gets hotter than blue blazes in the summer, but also has a few really cold days in the winter.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
They discount the F150 deeper so though the msrp may be higher my stealership contact told me he could get me one for less...that was his initial angle when he say me pull in with my Ram 1500 [sales people make a lot of assumptions]. I told him I get it but not needing a full size any more. [That part of the sales dance ended]

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I priced them both in November of last year. The equivalent F-150 would have been eight grand higher with the available discounts.
Sponsored