Eibach Pro-Sport kit vs FX4 dampers...

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
In my opinoin, putting stronger springs on already under-damped shocks will only make the truck bouncier.
Good point. I didn't consider this. I don't find the FX4 suspension overly bouncy but I know many others have voiced their disapproval.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Yeah I saw that also. Was curious if it was just a ploy to sell more shocks. LOL

Just wondering if anyone with experience with this kit could see any differences between the two. I think the Eibach shocks are adjustable, but not sure.
the eibach shocks have adjustable perches for 3(I think) different ride heights. the shock damping is not adjustable.

the eibach springs are going to have a longer static height, I'd imagine if you put them on the factory shocks your new ride height is going to be running close to the fully extended length of your stock shocks and you'll end up with very little downward suspension travel, which is going to not only ride awful, but be unsafe since your wheels will come off the ground every time you hit a bump.

with a lot of vehicles they offer just the springs for use with factory shocks, or other brand aftermarket, so I really doubt it's just a ploy to sell more shocks in this case.

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
the eibach shocks have adjustable perches for 3(I think) different ride heights. the shock damping is not adjustable.

the eibach springs are going to have a longer static height, I'd imagine if you put them on the factory shocks your new ride height is going to be running close to the fully extended length of your stock shocks and you'll end up with very little downward suspension travel, which is going to not only ride awful, but be unsafe since your wheels will come off the ground every time you hit a bump.

with a lot of vehicles they offer just the springs for use with factory shocks, or other brand aftermarket, so I really doubt it's just a ploy to sell more shocks in this case.
Another valid point that I didn't consider. I might try using the stock springs with Eibach struts. I saw that was possible in another thread.

Cheers,
Coby
Sponsored