What you see is not what you get

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Guaranteed it's because of the "extra effort" to line up two pieces instead of just putting one solid piece on.
That's what the Wet method of application is for. Makes it easy to line it up before it sticks in place.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
That's what the Wet method of application is for. Makes it easy to line it up before it sticks in place.
Definitely. I am just saying if the stripe comes in one piece from the box, my dealership wouldn't make the extra effort to measure and cut the stripe and then install it. That is also why I wouldn't go to my dealership for that kind of thing.

Retamaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Magnetic Sport, 2020 Genesis G80 3.8L
Very nice SGG.

Reactions: SGG

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Look at the pictures. If you could take the sticker off of the back door, rotate it 180 degrees and put it on the passenger side back door - it would be correct.
Would it not then read: * RANGER ///////// [][][][][]* instead of *RANGER [][][][][] ///////* ?? The ////// and the "black" would be flopped too. It still looks just as good.

OP
OP

jrodrigu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I had the graphics installed at the dealership today and showed them this thread. I gave them specific instructions about how the installation should match the pic in the catalog. It still came out leaning the wrong way. They said the stickers come in one piece for each side. They have to be cut once applied. Oh well, I still think it looks good and the material looks to be pretty high quality. Overall, it looks pretty good for $129 worth of Fordpass bucks.

98E35E56-FC35-4857-91D8-A7C1BC16B08B.jpeg

6BA5DEF7-ADA9-4C6B-B1DD-F0222AA0D1E1.jpeg

B7EE4F0E-0D66-4AB4-96D5-21B8EAD596FA.jpeg

40C8EF51-E1EF-445A-94B8-91BED9918F55.jpeg

OP
OP

jrodrigu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
SSG do you know hat company made the graphic? On the instruction manual it would say.

VISCO, LLC in Kentucky made my graphic and it’s shorter than yours. Ordered thru Ford Accessories web site

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
SSG do you know hat company made the graphic? On the instruction manual it would say.

VISCO, LLC in Kentucky made my graphic and it’s shorter than yours. Ordered thru Ford Accessories web site
The dealership ordered and installed it. I never saw the box.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Both of the real world stickers, to me, give the appearance that the strip is crooked. I can see they are not when you look at the body line but from a distance, they look like they climb up. I wonder if the slashes were going the other way if it would correct the optical allusion? Unfortunately once I saw it I can't unsee it. I had some hood stripes put on our Mini Cooper S. The stripes were off to one side (which is what I wanted) but because of the curves of the hood, roofline, and trunk it never looked straight.

With that said, I do like the look of the stripes.

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
Both of the real world stickers, to me, give the appearance that the strip is crooked. I can see they are not when you look at the body line but from a distance, they look like they climb up. I wonder if the slashes were going the other way if it would correct the optical allusion? Unfortunately once I saw it I can't unsee it. I had some hood stripes put on our Mini Cooper S. The stripes were off to one side (which is what I wanted) but because of the curves of the hood, roofline, and trunk it never looked straight.

With that said, I do like the look of the stripes.
I think that they look a bit crooked as well. Part of it is because the truck is 3 inches lower on the front end. I think you are correct about the optical illusion. For whatever reason, it doesn’t seem to look as crooked when you are actually looking at it as opposed to seeing a picture of it. With that being said, I really do like the graphics and it really makes it pop.

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like Ford updated the pics of these stripes on their website.

7D05AC16-F835-4AB8-A7C6-995CE96808A1.png

BD345CE7-874C-4D2E-919E-D6C912CF638F.png

rojizostang

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xlt 4x4 sport, 2017 Ford Explorer limited, 2013 Ford F150 RCSB Roush tvs supercharged
It looks like it follows the body line and that's what has an angle in it. If it didn't follow the body contour imho then it would look really weird. Anyway it looks good whichever direction the stripes are leaning and the slight difference or slope from back to front doesn't bother me.
Sponsored