Dirt Bike Hitch Carriers

auright808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Does anyone have a Hitch Carrier for a dirt bike/motorcycle? Curious to hear some first hand experience of the different models out there, even if you used one that wasn't on a Ranger.
Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a Hitch Carrier for a dirt bike/motorcycle? Curious to hear some first hand experience of the different models out there, even if you used one that wasn't on a Ranger.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rrr-amc-400/
I bought this aluminum dirt bike carrier for my explorer from Summit racing a couple years ago as they had the best price at the time. Its rated for 400 lbs and is adequately solid, perfect for smaller bikes like my crf230. For larger bikes it's not entirely confidence inspiring, being aluminum, but it made it with my DRZ400s just fine. Came with a hitch stabilizer which makes it rock solid. The ramp is longer than some other ones on the market which I like, but you still have to park strategically in order to load up, especially if you are doing it alone.
Overall I would recommend it if you have a lighter bike but anything heavier than my Drz I would look into something a little more stout just for peace of mind.

One thing to note is on the website its branded Rage, but the one I recieved had a black widow brand sticker on it, so I think they're probably all made in one factory in China then they slap a sticker on it for who ever sells them.

Also I would recommend these tie down rings.
https://www.motosport.com/product/?...-X001-Y001&variant[CYD0003]=CYD0003-X001-Y001

en13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 2WD
Vehicle Showcase
I have one I picked up on Amazon a couple years ago, and it's decent but I feel like I have to keep an eye one it. I've used it my with truck and SUV, and its decent for smaller bike but I would not trust a larger bike on it. This weekend I helped a friend pick up a little suzuki 250 cruiser and chose to put it in the bed instead. They work ok, like anything depends on your use case.

View attachment 31262

Screenshot_20200126-185616_Amazon Shopping~2.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Ultimate MX Hauler rack which is a clone of the Moto Jack Rack. It's expensive but hauled my Yamaha TW200 a few hundred miles no problem and was very stable. Super easy to load and unload and you can get an optional fuel jug carrier. Works perfect for mx and enduro bikes but didn't work with a Buell Blast (footpeg clearance with muffler underneath is way different than mx).

OP
OP

auright808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
I've got the Ultimate MX Hauler rack which is a clone of the Moto Jack Rack. It's expensive but hauled my Yamaha TW200 a few hundred miles no problem and was very stable. Super easy to load and unload and you can get an optional fuel jug carrier. Works perfect for mx and enduro bikes but didn't work with a Buell Blast (footpeg clearance with muffler underneath is way different than mx).
I've never seen that version before, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I've only seen the ride on ones

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Just remember you get what you pay for. I recommend Joe hauler

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
Regardless of which carrier you end up getting, I highly recommend using a Hitch-Vice. They really work and are only $35 or so. Really tightens things up on my motorcycle carrier, bike rack, and PWC trailer.

ht-3-fit-guide.jpg

Kanebroen66

First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Occupation
Woodworker
Hitch carriers are usually available in two materials, which are aluminum and steel. While aluminum carriers are lightweight and easy to install, steel carriers are more durable and best for transporting heavy bikes. Last week i ship my dirt bike from california. You may look at TMS T-NS-MRC001 Hitch Carrier or SKY1375 Hitch Carrier, these might work best with dirt motorcycle.

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
I’ve been using the aluminum version for years with a yz250. Worked out great on the back of my suv. Now that I have the Ranger I put her in the bed. Don’t have to tie it down as tight which is easier on the suspension.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase