First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have any info or possibly own a Rock Island Armory 1911? I've seen these around for years and never gave them much thought until recently. Almost every review from YouTube to gun store reviews are extremely positive on these and you just can't beat the price point for a 1911. They have a lifetime warranty and if you watch Hickok45's video below he speaks pretty highly of them and who doesn't love Hickok45. lol

Doing a quick search on gun.deals you can find them anywhere from the low $400's to the low $800's with the average going for $500-$600. Here's a link to Buds Gun Shop which lists quite a few different ones in .45/9mm/.40/.22 but you can find them cheaper on gun.deals. Thoughts?

We used to do gun shows for class 3 and law enforcement..sold a lot of rock island M-60’s to the border patrol..
Regards

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Okay, I'll play...

DPMS LR308 (all stock + extractor upgrade + grips)
S&W M&P15 Sport (all stock + grips/rail)
And the newest in the fleet, Marlin 1895 GBL .45-70

Just installed new scopes on the 308 and 45-70, and will hopefully be able to sight in this next weekend if the weather isn't crap.

20200114_211815.jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Got a non working gun save it for a gun buy back. That is what they get mostly for their programs. LOL

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
8EDC70AA-6B0A-44BF-B21B-DABD7D0396A9.jpeg
Everyday carries the Taurus lives a quiet life with the mrs in house I should add these guns get shot a lot.they aren't pretty but pay scale dictate guns. I love them all +p out of either the 85 or the charter will do damage for sure.the 9 is the fine for this shit hole 10 round commie state!!

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
8EDC70AA-6B0A-44BF-B21B-DABD7D0396A9.jpeg
Everyday carries the Taurus lives a quiet life with the mrs in house I should add these guns get shot a lot.they aren't pretty but pay scale dictate guns. I love them all +p out of either the 85 or the charter will do damage for sure.the 9 is the fine for this shit hole 10 round commie state!!
Nice collection Robert.....I use to live right next to you in MA so I know all about those stupid laws! Problem is since I've moved here we can buy/own anything and I've been like a kid in a candy store. lol

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
  • I bought this clip for one IWB holster. It works pretty good. I'll probably go with this type on my other holsters.
https://www.ulticlip.com/product/ulticlip/

I've tried several different holsters and the two I like the most are my Alien Gear for my Shield and my Relentless Tactical for my 1911's. The nice thing with the Alien Gear is you can get different shells for your holster without buying a whole new set up. The shells are $15.88 so you just loosen the retention screws and pop off/on a new shell for a different carry gun. This is probably the most comfortable holster I've ever worn,you really forget it's on.

I'm really not trying to get you to spend more money Joe. lol ;)

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried several different holsters and the two I like the most are my Alien Gear for my Shield and my Relentless Tactical for my 1911's. The nice thing with the Alien Gear is you can get different shells for your holster without buying a whole new set up. The shells are $15.88 so you just loosen the retention screws and pop off/on a new shell for a different carry gun. This is probably the most comfortable holster I've ever worn,you really forget it's on.

I'm really not trying to get you to spend more money Joe. lol ;)
I like leather and IWB, I bought a Don Hume for my 32 and my 380 and 9mm from https://www.wrightleatherworks.com/

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I like leather and IWB, I bought a Don Hume for my 32 and my 380 and 9mm from https://www.wrightleatherworks.com/
I love my leather Relentless Tactical holster. I never had a kydex holster but heard so many good things about Alien Gear I decided to try one last summer. I haven't bought a new shell for my 1911's so I use the leather one for those and my Shield with the Alien Gear,they both save their purpose well.

A good gun belt is a must or even the best holster will sag and be uncomfortable. I have a Kore Essentials belt and this belt works great. It has a track sewn inside the belt ( like a zip tie) so you can fine tune it to fit and it's super stiff that when you take it off you can't roll it up it had to be hung because it stays rounded/conformed to your waist. I like the buckles as the have a release tab so when you sit down you just flip the tab and it releases a couple notches while still supporting your holster.