James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t done a lot of research on bed mods for the ranger. I was thinking about getting a topper for my truck and keep it as simple as that but my friend is trying convince me otherwise. He wants me to get a tonneau cover but if I do that I’d want to get a bedrack as well. I was wondering if there was a hard cover tonneau and bed rack that can fit around it for the ranger. If you guys have any info I’m all ears!
Sponsored

Alex Bedrosian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t done a lot of research on bed mods for the ranger. I was thinking about getting a topper for my truck and keep it as simple as that but my friend is trying convince me otherwise. He wants me to get a tonneau cover but if I do that I’d want to get a bedrack as well. I was wondering if there was a hard cover tonneau and bed rack that can fit around it for the ranger. If you guys have any info I’m all ears!

The only system i found under 1400 was the LOMAX tonnuea with the ADARAC system.

There is this, but it is brand new, i cant get any info from the vendor and noone seems to one it yet
https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/truck-hero-elevate-rack-system

you can get the diamond back and mount direct to i, but if you are using the rack I do not see anyway to open the cover

Otherwise you need to get a retrax with the track system, and (there are few brands that make them) the thule rack system compatible with the t-trails. Almost went with that, but I have the short bed and the retrax or any other retractable tonnuea take sup almost 1/4 of the bed space.

if money is no option and you are not going need to put anything all in the bed ever, i would personally get the retrax system

OP
OP
ChaoticUdders

ChaoticUdders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
Otherwise you need to get a retrax with the track system, and (there are few brands that make them) the thule rack system compatible with the t-trails. Almost went with that, but I have the short bed and the retrax or any other retractable tonnuea take sup almost 1/4 of the bed space.
I’m not gonna lie, that retractable tonneau cover looks pretty wicked not gonna lie but why does it take up an entire quarter of the bed?

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
I’m not gonna lie, that retractable tonneau cover looks pretty wicked not gonna lie but why does it take up an entire quarter of the bed?
The slats for the retractable bed roll up into a canister at the top of the bed.

Alex Bedrosian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
The "canister" that the bed cover rolls into to keep it out of the way measures about 13ish inches, if you have the short bed ranger it's a good amount of space

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Just mounted my Yakima Outpost HD rack to the T-rails of my Ford rolling tonneau cover. Have a look.

Rack 3.jpg

Rack 4.jpg

Rack 5.jpg

MMoore4545

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Snow Edition, 2022 HD FXLRST
Occupation
Software guy

Deleted member 1634

Ryanosaurus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, Magnetic, FX4
I was able to mod an Undercover Ridgelander tonneau for a Chevy Colorado 5' (https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-ridgelander/2019/chevrolet/colorado) to fit my Ranger. It's 1-2" too long, but still operates fine...it just looks a bit off in the back. It'll also need some extra weather stripping against the tailgate. I'm out of town this week, but I'll try to post pics this weekend.

Finally posting some pics...sorry for the delay!

This cover also comes with two Rhino Rack crossbars which I haven't installed yet.

Ridgelander1.jpg
Ridgelander2.jpg
Ridgelander3.jpg
Ridgelander4.jpg
Ridgelander5.jpg
Ridgelander6.jpg
Ridgelander7.jpg

Last edited:

EStrock_XLT

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
The only system i found under 1400 was the LOMAX tonnuea with the ADARAC system.

There is this, but it is brand new, i cant get any info from the vendor and noone seems to one it yet
https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/truck-hero-elevate-rack-system

you can get the diamond back and mount direct to i, but if you are using the rack I do not see anyway to open the cover

if money is no option and you are not going need to put anything all in the bed ever, i would personally get the retrax system
Has anyone installed the Elevate Rack System?