First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Where would the icon show up on my dash? I'm like 99% sure that I've got an open one wheel wonder back there
By the shifter...front right icon, looks like an H..next to the dirt LOL.

E0778AEB-2C42-4E21-97B0-DD8A39103270.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Mine will break both back wheels loose without the locker on.
Once you up the torque with your tune ,it will break both loose.

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
Vehicle Showcase
By the shifter

E0778AEB-2C42-4E21-97B0-DD8A39103270.jpeg
Well balls lol. Nope, don't have that! Although I did find that ARB makes an air locker specifically for open diff Rangers. The advantage of their locker vs the stock eLocker is apparently the ability to stay locked regardless of speed, whereas the factory eLocker will automatically unlock after 25mph. Not sure if a tune would be able to keep the factory locker engaged or not. At least there is an option already available for us open diff guys. Cost is $990 and it requires an air compressor that is not included in that $990 price, so not really sure how I feel about that, I'd rather wait for an LSD from Wavetrac or Torsen, if they ever come up with one that is...

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well balls lol. Nope, don't have that! Although I did find that ARB makes an air locker specifically for open diff Rangers. The advantage of their locker vs the stock eLocker is apparently the ability to stay locked regardless of speed, whereas the factory eLocker will automatically unlock after 25mph. Not sure if a tune would be able to keep the factory locker engaged or not. At least there is an option already available for us open diff guys. Cost is $990 and it requires an air compressor that is not included in that $990 price, so not really sure how I feel about that, I'd rather wait for an LSD from Wavetrac or Torsen, if they ever come up with one that is...
Believe me, do your mods and launch it...it will break both back wheels loose..

Drag Races Feb8th Gainesville..
:)

Last edited:

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
First part arrived today!!! Muahahaha, and so it begins!!!!

IMG_20200125_173831.jpg

IMG_20200125_175718.jpg

Ok, some interesting results on the built in tune. Curious to see if you've had similar results Doc. The only things I changed in parameters was the octane to 93, auto start/stop off, removed speed limit, and upped the Rev limit in N and D to 7075 and 7100 which should only be about 400rpm above the stock limit so that shouldn't be pushing any limits.

My results after taking her out for a spirited joyride. Drive seems to hesitate between 2nd and 3rd gear, after that, it runs great and everything feels good. In Drive, WOT feels great, good pull nothing too strange to report. Now, I put it into Sport, that's where things get eerie to me. Launches are great, both rear tires break loose in 1st and 2nd, great pull from 1st to 6th gear. Doesn't seem like it wants to shift past 6th gear. Now here's what's making me feel a little uncomfortable, if I mash the throttle and take off, I'll pull great from lets say, 1st to the top of 3rd and then let off the throttle completely, I get an awesome BOV sound, but a horrifying transmission jolt. Like someone just smacked into the back of me bad. First time it did this, it scared the shit out of me! I tried another throttle dump in Sport and same thing. I ended up flashing back to stock to start the process over again. Any insight? @Doc

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ok, some interesting results on the built in tune. Curious to see if you've had similar results Doc. The only things I changed in parameters was the octane to 93, auto start/stop off, removed speed limit, and upped the Rev limit in N and D to 7075 and 7100 which should only be about 400rpm above the stock limit so that shouldn't be pushing any limits.

My results after taking her out for a spirited joyride. Drive seems to hesitate between 2nd and 3rd gear, after that, it runs great and everything feels good. In Drive, WOT feels great, good pull nothing too strange to report. Now, I put it into Sport, that's where things get eerie to me. Launches are great, both rear tires break loose in 1st and 2nd, great pull from 1st to 6th gear. Doesn't seem like it wants to shift past 6th gear. Now here's what's making me feel a little uncomfortable, if I mash the throttle and take off, I'll pull great from lets say, 1st to the top of 3rd and then let off the throttle completely, I get an awesome BOV sound, but a horrifying transmission jolt. Like someone just smacked into the back of me bad. First time it did this, it scared the shit out of me! I tried another throttle dump in Sport and same thing. I ended up flashing back to stock to start the process over again. Any insight? @Doc
Datalog it and send it to Torrie..He will adjust it. I have not had similar results as my truck was their R&D truck and it was tuned and dyno’d by Torrie. Those high rpm changes are not necessary as it makes its torque at 3000 rpm.
Regards.

EDIT: LOOKING AT THIS...I noticed I sent the stock Dyno report, will post the tuned report below.. Regards

CDDE0EA6-A6D2-456C-BC8E-552F1B192F13.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Datalog it and send it to Torrie..He will adjust it. I have not had similar results as my truck was their R&D truck and it was tuned and dyno’d by Torrie.
I did, when I took it back out on the same time and tried it again, I had the datalog recording this time. I synced my cloud data over, does that mean he now has access to my datalog?

In the meantime, I'm flashing to the same time but changed a few settings. I had to fill up with 92 today as that's all they had available so idk if my AOR is off a little now. Another strange thing, I forgot to sync my stock file to the cloud before flashing over the new time, I was able to flash back to stock but when I go to the device settings and try to sync my stock file, it says I have to flash to stock first even after I already did. I hope I didn't mess anything up >_< I'll post a picture of the tune I'm flashing now.

IMG_20200125_185433.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I did, when I took it back out on the same time and tried it again, I had the datalog recording this time. I synced my cloud data over, does that mean he now has access to my datalog?

In the meantime, I'm flashing to the same time but changed a few settings. I had to fill up with 92 today as that's all they had available so idk if my AOR is off a little now. Another strange thing, I forgot to sync my stock file to the cloud before flashing over the new time, I was able to flash back to stock but when I go to the device settings and try to sync my stock file, it says I have to flash to stock first even after I already did. I hope I didn't mess anything up >_< I'll post a picture of the tune I'm flashing now.

IMG_20200125_185433.jpg
Email Torrie, he will tell you how to send data logs. Also if you are in sport, don’t touch the manual shift..it’s useless anyway..as far as the computer stuff..I was born in 1950 and haven’t got a clue!
Regards
Doc

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Email Torrie, he will tell you how to send data logs. Also if you are in sport, don’t touch the manual shift..it’s useless anyway..as far as the computer stuff..I was born in 1950 and haven’t got a clue!
Regards
Doc
Well I know I didn't touch the manual shift buttons as I had both hands on the wheel, still not sure what to make of the clunk/surge coming from the transmission. It's been having a slight clunk when coming to a stop for a few weeks now so I wonder if there's something not quite right with the drivetrain going on. Might be making a trip to Ford over it.

At any rate, I emailed Torrie and he got back to me in less than 5 minutes! He must be constantly monitoring his email because I swear he hasn't let me wait longer than 10 minutes for a reply since I first emailed him for information on his tune. He sent me instructions on how to get it all set up as Unleashed intended. I gave him a list of what specifically I wanted in my tune to start with and once again, he got back to me within like 5 minutes with a tune sent over the cloud, ready to load up! I'll load up the tune tonight and probably end up testing tomorrow to see how it feels.

I'm wondering if he has a generic Ranger tune set up, ready to inject with our vin/ecu/BDX specific numbers, and then send out and wait for the user to ask for tweaks or alterations later on once they've gotten a feel for it. I asked if I could run up around 24-25 psi of boost, which isn't a huge jump over the stock psi of around 19-20. He didn't answer my question directly about this which is what makes me wonder if he just wants his users to try it before messing with it first. Just a theory though. Anyways, I'll load it up tonight and maybe make a few runs to see how his tune feels compared to SCT's built in tunes. Wish me luck!

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well I know I didn't touch the manual shift buttons as I had both hands on the wheel, still not sure what to make of the clunk/surge coming from the transmission. It's been having a slight clunk when coming to a stop for a few weeks now so I wonder if there's something not quite right with the drivetrain going on. Might be making a trip to Ford over it.

At any rate, I emailed Torrie and he got back to me in less than 5 minutes! He must be constantly monitoring his email because I swear he hasn't let me wait longer than 10 minutes for a reply since I first emailed him for information on his tune. He sent me instructions on how to get it all set up as Unleashed intended. I gave him a list of what specifically I wanted in my tune to start with and once again, he got back to me within like 5 minutes with a tune sent over the cloud, ready to load up! I'll load up the tune tonight and probably end up testing tomorrow to see how it feels.

I'm wondering if he has a generic Ranger tune set up, ready to inject with our vin/ecu/BDX specific numbers, and then send out and wait for the user to ask for tweaks or alterations later on once they've gotten a feel for it. I asked if I could run up around 24-25 psi of boost, which isn't a huge jump over the stock psi of around 19-20. He didn't answer my question directly about this which is what makes me wonder if he just wants his users to try it before messing with it first. Just a theory though. Anyways, I'll load it up tonight and maybe make a few runs to see how his tune feels compared to SCT's built in tunes. Wish me luck!
Good Luck! (Giterdone)
Regards

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Goodbye stock paper filter.

Hello K&N!

Parts are starting to arrive! :rockon:

IMG_20200127_122341.jpg

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Muahahaha!!!!
I know what I'm doing this weekend! :rockon::like:

It's about to go down! I'll keep everyone posted and take a lot of pictures to hopefully make a write-up for both the charge pipes and downpipe!

Wish me luck and as few bloody knuckles and streams of profanity as possible :crackup:

IMG_20200130_141135.jpg

OP
OP
Darek661

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Parts are installed!!!! Installed the aFe BladeRunner intercooler pipes first and then installed the aFe catless downpipe. All i can say about the installs, the charge pipes weren't too bad it install. The cold side pipe was an absolute bitch to get in, it feels like it's about half an inch too long when they make them, which makes getting the silicone joiner to pop in place a royal pain in the ass!

As for the down pipe... The factory downpipe is an absolute nightmare to remove! For starters, it's absolutely massive in physical footprint, you'll see what I mean when you look at the pictures, it's also about 4 to 5 times heavier than the aFe downpipe and it's awkward as hell to fish out once you've got all the nuts and bolts holding it in place taken care of. I'm sure this install with vary greatly from truck to truck because of rust and nature siezr to What's more, the top left but is tucked in there pretty well, I used a combination of a 15mm ratcheting box end wrench and 4" extension and a 15mm deepwell in half inch drive to get all of the nuts off. I was only able to get my breaker bar on 2 of them so keep in mind how tight it is in and around the turbo flange. The only way I could see of getting to all of them was from under the truck. You have to snake your arms up, over, and around everything that's in the way and you'll hit muscle failure getting just those 3 damn nuts off haha.

Anyways, everything is installed looks/sounds amazing! First time starting it up, it shot exhaust out like a leaf blower haha. The amount of air in and exhaust out is insane now! I did some WOT runs and datalogging. Can't wait to see what Torrie over at Unleashed tuning can do with it now that it's breathing so much better!

As of right now I'm hitting peak boost of 23.44psi on my current tune so it'll be interesting to see how much I can get once I get the revised tune that will actually utilize the new parts! Stay tuned!

IMG_20200131_212801.jpg

IMG_20200201_033838.jpg

IMG_20200201_033900.jpg

IMG_20200201_000038.jpg

IMG_20200201_000108.jpg

IMG_20200201_000058.jpg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Parts are installed!!!! Installed the aFe BladeRunner intercooler pipes first and then installed the aFe catless downpipe. All i can say about the installs, the charge pipes weren't too bad it install. The cold side pipe was an absolute bitch to get in, it feels like it's about half an inch too long when they make them, which makes getting the silicone joiner to pop in place a royal pain in the ass!

As for the down pipe... The factory downpipe is an absolute nightmare to remove! For starters, it's absolutely massive in physical footprint, you'll see what I mean when you look at the pictures, it's also about 4 to 5 times heavier than the aFe downpipe and it's awkward as hell to fish out once you've got all the nuts and bolts holding it in place taken care of. I'm sure this install with vary greatly from truck to truck because of rust and nature siezr to What's more, the top left but is tucked in there pretty well, I used a combination of a 15mm ratcheting box end wrench and 4" extension and a 15mm deepwell in half inch drive to get all of the nuts off. I was only able to get my breaker bar on 2 of them so keep in mind how tight it is in and around the turbo flange. The only way I could see of getting to all of them was from under the truck. You have to snake your arms up, over, and around everything that's in the way and you'll hit muscle failure getting just those 3 damn nuts off haha.

Anyways, everything is installed looks/sounds amazing! First time starting it up, it shot exhaust out like a leaf blower haha. The amount of air in and exhaust out is insane now! I did some WOT runs and datalogging. Can't wait to see what Torrie over at Unleashed tuning can do with it now that it's breathing so much better!

As of right now I'm hitting peak boost of 23.44psi on my current tune so it'll be interesting to see how much I can get once I get the revised tune that will actually utilize the new parts! Stay tuned!

IMG_20200131_212801.jpg

IMG_20200201_033838.jpg

IMG_20200201_033900.jpg

IMG_20200201_000038.jpg

IMG_20200201_000108.jpg

IMG_20200201_000058.jpg
Awesome !!
New sound clips please !
Regards
Doc
Sponsored