Bed Tie-Downs

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, Supercab
Vehicle Showcase
I recently bought a 2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab 4X4. I noticed my buddies XLT has 6 tie downs in his box when I only have 4. 2 in the front and rear. My box was sprayed at the dealer prior to my purchase and I can see spray in the tie down bolt holes in the middle section of the box. So they were either removed before hand or were never in-place to begin with.

Is 6 tie-downs standard? Does anyone else only have 4 from the dealership?

Thanks, ahead of time.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It depends on the date the truck was built. They switched to 4 mid way through production.

OP
OP
Pyungshin

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I just stumbled across a previous post on this subject and I will defer to it.

OP
OP
Pyungshin

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Main post on subject understandingly closed by moderator. Quick follow up. Local dealer in VA has ordered tie downs and 4 related HB1 bolts. Thanks to all who encouraged giving it a try.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I had my wife ask the dealer why we only had 4 tie downs (already knowing the answer) just before Christmas. Got a random call today from the dealer saying they are in and they are going to install on Friday! I was going to buy them, but I'm not complaining!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
The horse lives again!

unnamed.jpg

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Got my other 2 installed from dealership today no hassle! Just took awhile for them to get the back ordered parts!

jlc60

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
retired
My 2020 Ranger is missing the middle tie downs. After reading the post and looking up the cost of the tie downs from Ford (around 75.00), I decided not to pay that much for some pieces of metal and screws. Therefore I went to my local LKQ junk yard. It cost 3.00 to get in and I found some tie downs on some old Rangers (see photos). When I checked out, they said no additional cost. Therefore the tie downs cost me 3.00.

I was wrong. The tie downs I got from the junk yard, is too short and does not fit the 2020 Ranger. Sorry.

DSCF2282.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: