bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my 2019 Ranger two weeks ago. Issue is that the rear seat won't lock down. It locks up just fine, but when its down in the normal position, the latch doesn't engage at all. So on bumps the seat bottom moves up and down way too much. Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my 2019 Ranger two weeks ago. Issue is that the rear seat won't lock down. It locks up just fine, but when its down in the normal position, the latch doesn't engage at all. So on bumps the seat bottom moves up and down way too much. Has anyone else had this issue?
I had the same problem with the top portion of the seats. Try removing or cutting a little bit of this rubber area and I think you will be set.

43625009-8123-4D85-9C6D-C39B4381DD5A.jpeg

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem with the top portion of the seats. Try removing or cutting a little bit of this rubber area and I think you will be set.

43625009-8123-4D85-9C6D-C39B4381DD5A.jpeg

As you have to pull the strap to unlock it,you have to do the same thing when you put it down.Try it ;}>

OP
OP
bobafetske

bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
As you have to pull the strap to unlock it,you have to do the same thing when you put it down.Try it ;}>
Hey brother, the issue is that my seat bottom does not lock at all. It locks in the upright position. Just not down.
Airborne! (well, Air Assault!)

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
i did not realize the back locked in the down position. I will have to take a look. Mine doesn't even lay flat and I just figured that was the way it is.

OP
OP
bobafetske

bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
i did not realize the back locked in the down position. I will have to take a look. Mine doesn't even lay flat and I just figured that was the way it is.
When you lift the rear seat bottom to get to the under seat storage, there's a big hook. It doesn't seem to move, but also it doesn't look like it attaches to the lock bar on the floor of the truck. Over bumps the rear seat bottom just moves freely. Just annoying really.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
ohhhh so the bottom of the seat doesn't lock when it is in the down position. Mine latches pretty good. SOunds like yours might be out of adjustment. Probably too obvious, but have to checked to make sure nothing has been caught in the latch?

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey brother, the issue is that my seat bottom does not lock at all. It locks in the upright position. Just not down.
Airborne! (well, Air Assault!)

I'm Air Assault also. I flew my second tour with the 101st. Up on the Dmz,71-72.

I had the same problem until I pulled on the unlocking strap and it locked right in.

OP
OP
bobafetske

bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
ohhhh so the bottom of the seat doesn't lock when it is in the down position. Mine latches pretty good. SOunds like yours might be out of adjustment. Probably too obvious, but have to checked to make sure nothing has been caught in the latch?
I've tried. Nothing is in the way of the latch. When i pull the release strap, nothing moves. When i put the seat bottom down, there is no click, no nothing. The release strap works to release the seat from the up position. Does your hook have any movement? Mine doesn't and that's where i'm concerned. Thank you for your service, brother.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried. Nothing is in the way of the latch. When i pull the release strap, nothing moves. When i put the seat bottom down, there is no click, no nothing. The release strap works to release the seat from the up position. Does your hook have any movement? Mine doesn't and that's where i'm concerned. Thank you for your service, brother.
Hi Keith,

My latch lever is sold too, but latches...I have no idea why some do and some do not... When I pull the strap with the seat up, I see no movement of the latch or the wire bail so do not understand the latching mechanism but did not delve anymore as mine works... Sorry I cannot help!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineerng
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored