Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Getting to that time of year, anyone had any luck fitting after market seat warmers? Or maybe the factory ford ones after purchase?

Didn't even think about it when buying the truck, now its the one thing I wish it did have.
Sponsored

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
I am debating if I want to try this myself, or pay a local place to do it. They want $275 for one or $450 for both front seats. It doesn't look too hard but $275 might be worth it. The hard part is getting the seat covers on and off. Anybody take off the cloth seat covers yet?

OP
OP
Tangent

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am debating if I want to try this myself, or pay a local place to do it. They want $275 for one or $450 for both front seats. It doesn't look too hard but $275 might be worth it. The hard part is getting the seat covers on and off. Anybody take off the cloth seat covers yet?
That doesn't seem so bad. $275 would be worth it, did they tell you where they would locate the switch? Last thing I want is some slapped on glowing switch in an awkward spot.

Maybe the side of the seat?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I'm sure it's a fortune, but I'd be interested in what the cost would be to get the stock cloth heated seats and stock switches from Ford. Installing shouldn't be an issue really since the OEM harness likely already has the connectors in place since it's far cheaper for Ford to produce a single harness and then just end-cap the unused connectors than produce two different harnesses.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure it's a fortune, but I'd be interested in what the cost would be to get the stock cloth heated seats and stock switches from Ford. Installing shouldn't be an issue really since the OEM harness likely already has the connectors in place since it's far cheaper for Ford to produce a single harness and then just end-cap the unused connectors than produce two different harnesses.
From what I can tell the rocker switch can be located anywhere. There are plenty of extra taps in the fuse box for power. Oddly the owner's manual doesn't list a fuse for the heated seats (only the heated mirrors?). If you can find that OEM harness plug I'd be interested in knowing where it's at, and if includes the switch plug too.

I'm guessing the OEM heated seat covers are way more expensive than the better quality $60 kits but you never know.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
From what I can tell the rocker switch can be located anywhere. There are plenty of extra taps in the fuse box for power. Oddly the owner's manual doesn't list a fuse for the heated seats (only the heated mirrors?). If you can find that OEM harness plug I'd be interested in knowing where it's at, and if includes the switch plug too.

I'm guessing the OEM heated seat covers are way more expensive than the better quality $60 kits but you never know.
You talking about fuse 65 Heated driver seat and fuse 80 Heated passenger seat?

OP
OP
Tangent

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

To the best of my knowledge the OEM seat warmer buttons are on the bottom of the HVAC panel, so unless you have those cutouts there, probably no luck in getting OEM buttons to fit.

There's a surprisng lack of "empty" panels to put accessory buttons in in the cab. Would probably opt for having the rocker mounted on the side of the seat, never see it.

What brand are you talking about that's better quality than OEM? I have zero experience in this market so any guidance on what to look for is great. :D

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Seat Back and Seat Cushion $300+ each... and that's just Driver, I'm sure the same for Passenger side.

upload_2019-11-29_10-11-18.png

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Easy way, put a shake and bake handwarmer in your back pocket before venturing in to the great frozen waste land. LOL Been there done that moved to so az.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You talking about fuse 65 Heated driver seat and fuse 80 Heated passenger seat?
Didn't see those, I think they are in the engine compartment not inside the cab?

I started a heated seat kit post a ways down and someone said these were good -

https://pacificrestyling.com/collec...fic-heat-seat-heater-system-carbon-fiber-kits

Of all the kit's I've found they all look to be the same, carbon fiber elements and some type of universal rocker switches. I'm going to talk to the local installer next week and see what they use. I'm guessing if a pro does it they know which are better since they surely have some type of warranty.

And one more thing, they have to drill a hole to install the switch wherever it's mounted. There are YT videos on installation. Most have you remove the seat and the center console. That sold me on having someone else do it :p.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't see those, I think they are in the engine compartment not inside the cab?

I started a heated seat kit post a ways down and someone said these were good -

https://pacificrestyling.com/collec...fic-heat-seat-heater-system-carbon-fiber-kits

Of all the kit's I've found they all look to be the same, carbon fiber elements and some type of universal rocker switches. I'm going to talk to the local installer next week and see what they use. I'm guessing if a pro does it they know which are better since they surely have some type of warranty.

And one more thing, they have to drill a hole to install the switch wherever it's mounted. There are YT videos on installation. Most have you remove the seat and the center console. That sold me on having someone else do it :p.
Yea, they are in the engine compartment on the bottom side of the fuse box.

OP
OP
Tangent

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is also why I'm probably going to have someone else do it haha. Looks like a tremendous pain in the ass, and if it doesn't sit right, I can make someone else redo it instead of me.

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2018 Jeep Wrangler, 1998 Lexus LX470
Has anyone installed or had heated seats installed? I would like to install heated seats on the front and back seats and have looked at several kits. I almost ordered this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U6IL9O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 , but when I looked at the instructions https://static.dormanproducts.com/document/628-040_is.pdf it says in the upper left hand corner, to not install over any occupant sensors. That scares me a bit. Anyone have any input?

Last edited:

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
I'm rather curious if the manual non heated seats share the same harnesses minus a wire leading to the hard buttons as an oem power heated seats

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I'm rather curious if the manual non heated seats share the same harnesses minus a wire leading to the hard buttons as an oem power heated seats
Wouldn't be surprised. It's cheaper to manufacturer one style of harness and just cap off the unused connectors than to make multiple different styles.
Sponsored