jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed this the other day. Feels like my drivers side seat wiggles. I notice it when entering the vehicle and sometimes under braking. When I grip the front of the bottom section and just under the headrest I can wiggle the seat in a forward and back motion. The other issue is I hear a rattle occasionally when traveling over 60+ coming from behind the gauge cluster

Curious if anyone else has these issues?

ALSO: I haven't taken the time to tighten any bolts. Got called into work for this entire holiday week/weekend :headbang:
Sponsored

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I just noticed the other day that sometimes my seat seems a bit loose too. I haven't looked into yet because it was pouring out. Did you ever take a closer look?

OP
OP
jlarrabee104

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally have not found the cause. I adjusted my seat to let me get in and out of the truck further from the steering wheel and made it less noticeable. I'm going to look at it later on (It's a balmy 18* out currently).

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
HA! I didnt notice you were from Maine. I spent my first 25 years of life there...grew up in South Portland. Now I live in rainy Oregon. I'll be moving back to Maine where the rest of my family is after I retire.

OP
OP
jlarrabee104

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup! I'm originally from Kennebunkport. I lived in Connecticut for a decade and been back since (I'm in my twenties). Ironically I got my truck in So. Portland. Yankee Ford had by far the best deals and they just built a new service center/dealer.

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
I've noticed the seat 'wiggle' as well. Seems to come and go, Was able to duplicate it in the past though lately it doesn't seem as often, Haven't really checked any bolts yet either

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I also got the shifting seat.
I’ll mention this along with the baggy leather seat covers. Definitely warranty work. Call CS and complain.
:(

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
My drivers seat moves also. I don't believe the whole seat structure is loose. It feels more like just the seat bottom is loose. I don't remember the miles I had when I first noticed it? Maybe around 5000? . Standing outside the drivers side I can reach in and grab the seat bottom and its definitely not tight. Probably have it looked at when I get the next oil change.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I guess I would best describe how mine moves is the bottom cushion and it seems to be on the left side of it.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I heard the gauge cluster rattle the other day, but only did it for a bit mostly under acceleration. Didn't do it again next drive.

OP
OP
jlarrabee104

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Called the dealer and have an appointment for them to take a look at the seat. Will try to update after.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
I had the dealer fix the wiggle in the seat. They tightened something but seems to fix it. Also had the rattle. They lined the bottom of the dash cover with felt and that seem to help the rattle. Still have it occasionally so will see if I can put something else under there to make it stop.

OP
OP
jlarrabee104

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the seat tightened up. Took the dealer around 45-50mins to get it in and fix it. It seems to be better but not 100% fixed. Now I need to go back Tuesday for them to update the radio. It completely freaked out today and started showing the reverse cam while driving forward.
Sponsored