Pivot Storage Box - Ford Accessories??

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Use a box knife to score around the head of the screw, and then use a screwdriver or pick to dig the bedliner out of the screw.

You should probably use a tap to chase the bedliner out of your holes. You will need M6 and M8. The screws you are missing (where the tie down attaches) are M8; the (3) M6 at the back are included with the kit.
I'm going to the dealer today to get the M8 screws for the missing tie down. Do I need the tie down (metal bar) to secure the swing case bracket or just the two M8 screws?

THANK YOU very much for clarifying how to remove the spray liner and the proper screws needed. VERY helpful!
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to the dealer today to get the M8 screws for the missing tie down. Do I need the tie down (metal bar) to secure the swing case bracket or just the two M8 screws?

THANK YOU very much for clarifying how to remove the spray liner and the proper screws needed. VERY helpful!
Tie down not required but I put mine back on just in case I would ever want to tie to it.

If you want matching screws from the dealer, I don’t blame you, but just FYI any M8’s from the hardware store will work.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Tie down not required but I put mine back on just in case I would ever want to tie to it.

If you want matching screws from the dealer, I don’t blame you, but just FYI any M8’s from the hardware store will work.
Yeah, dealer said they are back ordered until the end of October - both screws and tie downs.

Hardware store is my next stop.

Again, thanks for your help.

Edit: Are either of of the two tie downs useful after the swing case installation? I know I still need the screws for all points but if the tie downs are rendered useless...or at least one of them, I might put the tie down on the middle only.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
DONE! Swing cases in.

What a PITA. Why?

I was missing the middle tie downs so I had to use a tap to clear the threads that the Fordp spray liner covered and had to remove the spray liner from the screw heads to get them out.

I had to get additional screws because of the missing tie downs in the middle.

Good news is, I now have my 4 tie downs in the middle and the corners near the cab. The tie downs in the corners near the tailgate are completely useless with the swing case installed so the swing case brackets at the tailgate have two metal loops for a padlock so I can use those as the new tie downs. For now, I removed the swing cases and put them in my garage until I get my A.R.E. topper installed on Monday. When complete, I can put the swing cases back on their brackets and install the bed rug.

Very happy with the quality of the swing cases.

Truck is finally coming together.

Next...install my Weathertech window visors. That should take no more than an hour. Lastly, the Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. THAT project is several hours minimum.

Pictures didn't load in the order I chose them but you get the drift.

Weathertech in-channel window visors are VERY low profile and very easy to install. Took 15 minutes for all windows.

IMG_20190921_161843193_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190921_161911166_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190921_171120820_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190921_171239736_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190921_162001210_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190921_171223795_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Looks too good to get it dirty in there!
I have a tarp for the inside but will be looking for a rubber mat to hold any dirt/fluids. I occasionally carry a generator and more frequently carry gas cans. For the most part those items would be the dirtiest things I'd put in the bed.

The pictures don't show it well but I have a Yakima rack on the topper to secure lumber and larger items. I'm looking for the same rack to put on the cab to extend the length of the rooftop storage of materials to be secured, ie. Plywood, 2x and 4x lumber and such.

Still a work in progress trying to make this smaller truck (inside the cab as well as the bed) as functional as my F150 Supercrew with a 6 1/2' bed. I know it'll never be the same but I'm going to continue to try.

HotPepperRedRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2015 Ford Edge 2012 Toyota Camry
For those who installed with a bed rug, did you mount the bracket on top of the bed rug or did you pull the bed rug and install under the rug? TIA

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
For those who installed with a bed rug, did you mount the bracket on top of the bed rug or did you pull the bed rug and install under the rug? TIA
If you're asking about the Pivot Box mounting bracket whe mounted it is about an inch above the bed so the bed rug fits underneath it and the box swings freely above the rug. I installed over the rubber bed mat which is similar in height to the bed rug and no clearance issues.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/pivot-storage-box-ford-accessories.2350/page-3#post-40767

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
If you're asking about the Pivot Box mounting bracket whe mounted it is about an inch above the bed so the bed rug fits underneath it and the box swings freely above the rug. I installed over the rubber bed mat which is similar in height to the bed rug and no clearance issues.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/pivot-storage-box-ford-accessories.2350/page-3#post-40767
I think he's talking about the bedrugs with the sides as well. I'm like you, my bed rug is on the floor only.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

FYI, I had a missing HM1 I believe it was. The plastic one for the wheel well.. They wanted $6 for one screw. As mention, hardware store. Just not dealer.

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what the 4 slide in notches on the bottom exterior of the cases are for? Do they have any use or is it just for looks?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Does anyone know what the 4 slide in notches on the bottom exterior of the cases are for? Do they have any use or is it just for looks?
I would guess that they are for 2x6 wood to create enclosed areas. You'd need two swing cases for that to work.

That's my guess.
Sponsored