Setting to turn rain sensing wipers on or off?

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hello all,

New member with a problem I haven't been able to figure out. I have the XLT 302 with the technology package and my rain sensing wipers aren't operating in a rain sensing mode. They only operate in the normal intermittent mode meaning if I turn them on when there is no rain they operate at whatever intermittent setting I have selected.

I was hoping someone could post the menu path or a picture that shows where to turn them on or off as I can't seem to find it and the owners manual just says turn the feature on or off but doesn't say "exactly" where. I kind of suspect my feature is missing because I don't want to believe I'm not smart enough to find it... Picture below of where I think it should be but isn't.

All the other tech features like lane keeping, adaptive cruise and auto high beams work normally and I can find their menu settings to turn on or off.

IMG_1722.JPG
Sponsored

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Ah the old courtesy wipe, it can be quite refreshing. Sorry, but if you're gonna lob softballs... From what I can see in the order guide, only 501A comes with rain-sensing wipers.

upload_2020-1-22_16-38-37.png
upload_2020-1-22_16-40-44.png

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Like said above it's only on the Lariats. You're in the right menu to toggle on and off if it did have it, I just turned my courtesy wipe on last night on my way home from work and it was listed there one right above the other.

OP
OP

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Well that blows, I didn't realize the technology package had different tiers. I saw it listed on others and didn't notice it missing on the XLT.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Well that blows, I didn't realize the technology package had different tiers. I saw it listed on others and didn't notice it missing on the XLT.
Yeah, the order guides aren't the easiest read but I like them for reference.

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
Can this option be turned on via FORScan?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I sure it can, just have to find the correct HEX Code to change- but you would have to have the rain sensor by the mirror, I would think you don’t have it

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Found a member who added Rain Sense, I have it this option and personally although mine works, its a lackluster of an option when you actually use it.
If you are driving in the rain or slight mist, it really is nothing different than intermittent wipers.
In a mist the wipe is less frequent and honestly you do not even notice if you are in rain sense or intermittent wipe. (This is the only real benefit of the Rain Sense option- Less Frequent wipes during mist) vs timed via your intermittent level)

Adding Rain Sense | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
If you are anything like me you will very quickly become annoyed with it and turn it off. Both my wife's Jeep and my Ranger have it and we gave it about a month and turned it off in both. They never wiped at a speed that was appropriate for the amount of rain falling
Sponsored