Status
Not open for further replies.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I disagree, you (nor I) have a "grievance" concerning this matter.

True, page 16 of the 2019 Ranger sales brochure does list (6) pickup box tie-down hooks as standard equipment, but page 25 of the same brochure states the following:

"Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations"

Essentially, this gives Ford a carte blanche in what they choose to equip the vehicle with, which is exactly what they did, they eliminated (2) of the (6) hooks.
Ford is totally within their legal rights by making this statement and not providing (6) tie-down hooks. They (nor the dealer) are in any way obligated to provide the additional (2) hooks, nor the attaching hardware.

As I stated in an earlier post within this subject, when I take delivery of my 2020, hopefully, next week I'll point out the lack of (6) tie-down hooks and see where it takes me, but I am certainly not going to make a "grievance" of it. All the sales department associate needs to do is to point out this disclaimer in the brochure, I won't have a foot to stand on then. If I get lucky, fine and well, if not, well, life goes on...

Don't get me wrong, I am totally with you on this cost-cutting measure, it's amazing how ALL manufacturers cut vehicle costs, but I prefer not to make myself appear as a fool by pursuing the matter.
Totally agree with you, I felt the same way when I picked my truck up. I noticed that there were only four so I mentioned it and the salesman put two more in for me. If they didn’t do it the I’d have just ordered or made my own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Totally agree with you, I felt the same way when I picked my truck up. I noticed that there were only four so I mentioned it and the salesman put two more in for me. If they did do it the I’d have just ordered or made my own.
Then, sir, you got lucky.
I may get lucky with my salesperson, he's not the most knowledgeable on the product.
I prefer to concern myself with safety issues, such as are the suspension ball joints sized adequately? Or are the shoulder harness attachment points stout enough?
Granted, there are FMVSS codes on these, but still, I saw a lot of carnage on the road in my life...

Last edited:

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
How many windows do expect your truck to have?

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Are you gonna get a tailgate damper?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've already one on hold at my dealer...
Where are you going with this?
Inquiring minds want to know...lol
:)

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Just trying to lighten the conversation. It's not that big of a deal to me . I was gonna buy the hooks if I had to, but my dealer, who is MY business customer, furnished them. They feel that if their customers want them, then they get them.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
A word of caution for those installing the hooks in trucks with drop in bedliners. The liner has to be peeled back to attach the fasteners. In my case the tonneau hold down brackets had to be removed to accomplish that. I'm glad I used cap screws instead of Torx bolts. It's pretty tight space down there. I used a Gearwrench to tighten them. But it's all done and I feel 'complete' now!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just trying to lighten the conversation. It's not that big of a deal to me . I was gonna buy the hooks if I had to, but my dealer, who is MY business customer, furnished them. They feel that if their customers want them, then they get them.
Acknowledged, my response to your post was simple, the information you presented stated "you have a grievance", of which I responded nobody has because of the facts I presented.
It is fine and well that YOUR dealer addressed YOUR concerns to your satisfaction, you are to be congratulated sir...

On a lighter side Steve, how you enjoying your S/Cab? I ordered my 2020 S/Cab way back in August last year, she's due in next week.
It's been a long time coming, but when you get to be my age (65) time is but a fleeting moment...

"Muriel! did you get my ExLax today from Walgreens? No...! How am I supposed to take a s&*t without that s8@t???

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A word of caution for those installing the hooks in trucks with drop in bedliners. The liner has to be peeled back to attach the fasteners. In my case the tonneau hold down brackets had to be removed to accomplish that. I'm glad I used cap screws instead of Torx bolts. It's pretty tight space down there. I used a Gearwrench to tighten them. But it's all done and I feel 'complete' now!
So all is well in Gum Swamp, GA?

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Acknowledged, my response to your post was simple, the information you presented stated "you have a grievance", of which I responded nobody has because of the facts I presented.
It is fine and well that YOUR dealer addressed YOUR concerns to your satisfaction, you are to be congratulated sir...

On a lighter side Steve, how you enjoying your S/Cab? I ordered my 2020 S/Cab way back in August last year, she's due in next week.
It's been a long time coming, but when you get to be my age (65) time is but a fleeting moment...
griev·ance
(grē′vəns)
n.
a.
An actual or supposed circumstance regarded as just cause for complaint.
b. A complaint or protestation based on such a circumstance:

That was the definition I had in mind using the word. "Actual or supposed":

I like the S/Cab for what I use it for, hauling small to medium packages for my business. If I were hauling people I would get the crew cab. My ONLY dislike for the truck is the ride height. I'm 67 and I have to climb in. Also the bed height prohibits side loading/unloading. But I knew that before I bought it. As soon as the warranty expires I plan to lower it.

Last edited:

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
So all is well in Gum Swamp, GA?
I'm happy with everything that I have influence over. I try not to get overly excited about the rest! :sun:

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I got a nice surprise yesterday. My dad went to the dealership to get the oil change in is '10 F150 and came home with these
15796669340471802280787.jpg

My two missing tie downs and bolts at no charge!! I had asked about them several months ago, but didn't here anything. I assumed I would have to buy them myself. A couple weeks ago I had placed an order online, but cancelled it because the bolts are backordered. Boy am I glad that happened! Now I just need it to warm up enough for me to get them installed.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I got mine today but no bolts. Not a problem, Ace Hardware to the rescue. But here's my take. If a manufacturer quotes a feature and it isn't there, then you have a grievance. The advertising didn't say "May come with six tie downs".
Yes it does--in the fine print, where it says that the specifications are subject to change without notice. You could try taking it to court but it will cost you more than the price of 2 tie downs, and the judge will likely tell you to stop wasting the court's time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.