Anybody else wish their Ranger was shorter and lower??

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Most of the folks around me have full size trucks. I told them, mine may be smaller, but I can put it anywhere :giggle:
Sponsored

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant
I am coming from a 2003 Range that has been my go to vehicle. I love that truck and may sell it someday. The new truck just seems huge. I am struggling with parking it and it's size. I feel like I have been driving an F-16 and now I am driving a B-52. I guess I will get used to it but I wish it was a little shorter and not as tall. I would have bought the extended cab if the overall length would have been shorter.
My wife's Murano has a hood that is as high as the new Ranger, but it also has front and side cameras. I LOVE those extra cameras. I thought I would buy the GMC Sierra but with only a backup camera I felt like I was parking a cruise ship. Granted, the Ranger does beep when I get too close to something in front of me, but a camera is still better.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
My Ranger replaces the Sport Trac I had, so it is both longer and higher. The length is not a problem as it still fit in the garage. I do wish it sat a little bit lower. I don’t like step rails but I almost need them as it is a little bit of a stretch to climb in and I am 6 foot 1.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
@Anthonywe just called it The Ranger.
That's how we are with our pets... our old bird we used to call "bird", and while our cat actually does have a name, we just call it "cat". I mean, it listens to it, may as well keep it simple lol

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am coming from a 2003 Range that has been my go to vehicle. I love that truck and may sell it someday. The new truck just seems huge. I am struggling with parking it and it's size. I feel like I have been driving an F-16 and now I am driving a B-52. I guess I will get used to it but I wish it was a little shorter and not as tall. I would have bought the extended cab if the overall length would have been shorter.
For me, the Ranger Lariat 2019 super crew is just exactly right. I get all the benefits of driving a modern truck (power, clearance, vision, music, tech, the 10-speed trans) in an easily parked package that is only slightly bigger than my former ride, a 2014 Explorer. Of course, this is all subjective, and I hope that you will get used to and come to love your Ranger. There are rumors of an even smaller and shorter Ford truck, which would not interest me, but it may have a market....

IMG_3003.JPG

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
That's how we are with our pets... our old bird we used to call "bird", and while our cat actually does have a name, we just call it "cat". I mean, it listens to it, may as well keep it simple lol
Friend of mine has a garage cat... named Dawg.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Friend of mine has a garage cat... named Dawg.
Haha that reminds me of two cats that my wife told me about that they used to have in a garage she frequented, one was Stain, the other Oliver... I know this doesn't sound funny, but try saying it out loud "Come Stain, Oliver"... ("all over"... please tell me I don't have to explain it haha)

alanbc

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 B2300
Occupation
Retired
I am coming from a 2003 Range that has been my go to vehicle. I love that truck and may sell it someday.
I've got a 2010 B2300, which I love, but is getting long in the tooth. I'd like to buy a new Ranger, but for me, it's just too tall.

I don't think a person should have to CLIMB into a "small" truck, but at 5'10", that's exactly what I have to do. The one at the dealer didn't have running boards and I almost ripped the steering wheel off getting in. (I'm not sure that would covered under warrantee.) And my wife, somewhat "altitudinally challenged", couldn't get in the passenger side at all. We found another with running boards and even with those, she couldn't get in. I could, but it was still work, and I'm too old to do aerobics just to get into my vehicle.

More important than my wife not being able to get in (which some days might seem like a blessing), the sides of the box are just too high. There's no way I can PUT something in the box from the side. I can TOSS something in and hope, but that's it.

I really don't know what Ford was thinking! The whole world told them it wanted a modern Ranger. What they delivered was a modern, BIGGER F100!

I guess I better be nice to the Mazda!

alanbc

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 B2300
Occupation
Retired
Cute, but not a Dodge and hardly a working truck.

Reactions: Doc