Just curious from those who have a tune...

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Check your oil and see if it is overfull and smells like fuel! I am in NO WAY saying this is tune related but I am tuned and have been since like 1k miles (im at 5k) I was just reading in another thread on here about the fuel in oil and was curious if anyone else has noticed? After reading that thread I walked out to my truck and check the oil level cold. It was over full and reeks of gasoline. I change the oil a little before 3k and im using Amsoil XL series in 5w30. Several others have had issues as well at seems. Just trying to get the word out and see if this is a common issue. A tech at my work told me to put the stock tune back on and drive the truck for about a week and then check the level on the dipstick again and also check for fuel smell.

Ill report back once I know more but just a heads up to you guys! Check your oil level and check for a fuel smell in your oil!

FWIW I'm tuned with Torrie from Unleashed tuning on a 93 octane tune.
Sponsored

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
Sounds like an injector is sticking open. Seems like a way to foul plugs and wash cylinder walls.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I have 12000 + miles on my tune and have NEVER had fuel in the oil when I checked it (and I check often.)

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's another thread going on here without about 4-5 others confirming strong fuel smell in the oil and the dipstick showing over full. Doesnt seem to be a widespread concern but its definitely affecting a few owners out there.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Definitely not tune related.
Regards

OP
OP

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely not tune related.
Regards
Didn't think so either but I had to remove it for them to diagnos. If you try to hook up the IDS when tune is installed it will say the truck has a blank PCM installed.

Reactions: Doc

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Mine was 'overfull' from delivery, so I've babied the throttle for the first couple thousand miles. Installed a catch can by 500 miles, drained at 2700 and the drained fluid smelled of paint thinner. Coming up on 5000 miles soon, I'll be switching to full synthetic.
Sponsored